Sign in to follow this  
SUXBNME

FWP haters

All i've heard mon. morning for the past 3 weeks is how much FWP sucks..

(at least from a couple moronic posters..i.e. NB81)

Where are all the haters now?? I know that yesterdays game doesn't make him the "next comming", but give the man some credit...

(at least there is no question that Tiki Barbers Barber doesn't have to do his "self imposed leave") :thumbsup:

i love all of these "where are you haters now" posts today. portis has one good game and everyone is on his nuts. where were you the first 6 weeks? and FWP breaks a 39 yard TD run and now all of the sudden hes back to being a top 5 back. FWP is a nice little fantasy option but he is a borderline #2, good #3 back in 12+ team leagues and a slot guy at best in 10 team 2RBs and 1RB/WR leagues.

Guest Loose Circuits

All I know is, for RB's FWP is ranked 11th in one league (bonus points for long TD's) and 14th in another.

I got pretty good value for a 13-14th round pick while everyone else was picking up mediocre D's and Kickers...

i love all of these "where are you haters now" posts today. portis has one good game and everyone is on his nuts. where were you the first 6 weeks? and FWP breaks a 39 yard TD run and now all of the sudden hes back to being a top 5 back. FWP is a nice little fantasy option but he is a borderline #2, good #3 back in 12+ team leagues and a slot guy at best in 10 team 2RBs and 1RB/WR leagues.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Guest Loose Circuits
i love all of these "where are you haters now" posts today.  portis has one good game and everyone is on his nuts.  where were you the first 6 weeks?  and FWP breaks a 39 yard TD run and now all of the sudden hes back to being a top 5 back.  FWP is a nice little fantasy option but he is a borderline #2, good #3 back in 12+ team leagues and a slot guy at best in 10 team 2RBs and 1RB/WR leagues.

Nobody ever claimed he was a top 5 back. You have to admit, whoever acquired him via draft/waiver wire got good value. I would never have traded for him, unless I wasn't giving up much... Which most people wouldn't offer much for him anyways.

What do you think we are using him for? I have him and Droughns as my #3 option in my 10 team flex league (they make a good combo based off match-ups BTW) and I have him as my #2 (w/ C. Brown/M. Shipp) in another league- started out w/ C. Mart. I am not sold on him being the #2 guy there and am constantly trying to add depth.

So for you to say, I hate these posts...blah...blah...people claiming he is a top 5 back. No one is doing that. We (FWP owners) are all realistic.

all im saying is people are way too influenced week to week. many people on this board were saying FWP so going to be top 10 all year. then all of the sudden he had acouple tough games and bettis is the goalline back and people were talking about dropping him. and now this thread comes where you guys are all over him again because of a long TD run. i was just stating what he is a borderline #2 good #3 back. this will not change b/c he has a great week or a terrible week. thats just what he will be all year.

and by the way Loose Circuits , i am a FWP owner and i think i am pretty realistic.

Guest Loose Circuits
all im saying is people are way too influenced week to week. many people on this board were saying FWP so going to be top 10 all year. then all of the sudden he had acouple tough games and bettis is the goalline back and people were talking about dropping him. and now this thread comes where you guys are all over him again because of a long TD run. i was just stating what he is a borderline #2 good #3 back. this will not change b/c he has a great week or a terrible week. thats just what he will be all year.

and by the way Loose Circuits , i am a FWP owner and i think i am pretty realistic.

I just think all the bashing was unfounded because he had a few bad games. Those same people were saying Staley was going to take back his job, etc...etc...

Every RB in the league has bad games.

I never said he was going to be top 10. I don't rank players that way because you never know what's going to happen, but I wasn't about to drop him. I still think he will continue to have some good games and some bad games. When playing against bad rushing teams and bad teams altogether he will be the man because they want to save Bettis. I like what the Steelers are doing with the rotation and actually choose to keep him over Caddy in 2 different leagues because I had a feeling Caddy would break down...

I think you are being realistic and we pretty much agree. I ignored most of the threads hyping him, so maybe I didn't see the same amount of hype you did....

all im saying is people are way too influenced week to week. many people on this board were saying FWP so going to be top 10 all year.

Technically, wouldn't 9th in rushing yards be in the top 10?

yes hes 9th in rushing yards but hes 14th (RB) in fantasy points and most of that was in the first couple games without bettis.

I could see him staying around the #10 spot for rushing yardage. With Pitt, you know he'll get the touches every week and will be playing from the lead a lot. I've got FWP and he competes for my #3 RB slot with Ronnie Brown (SA and Tiki start). Anyone who has him slotted as a #1 or #2 must be decimated by injuries.

Why all the talk about his 37 yard run? Without that carry he had 17 carries for 94 yards. My calulator shows that to be a 5.5 YPC. There isnt one team in the NFL that wouldnt sign up to have their RB getting 5.5 YPC.

He had 3 tough games against 3 tough defenses and I dont care what the numbers show. He is a solid #2 and win will more games for you than he will lose! I guess the thing that shocks me is that the team with the most run heavy offense (That doesnt include a QB wearing #7) and a schedule that is not too strong on RUN Defenses:

Baltimore, GB, Cleveland, Baltimore, INDY, Cin, Chi, Minn, Cleveland & DET

Why is everyone bashing FWP. If you can get him, get him and just dont tell anyone, we will forgive you! :mad: He will win a lot more games for people this year!

Someone in my league sat FWP for Bettis this week :mad:

I still hate...friend traded for him and i just laughed my a$$ off...the only way for him to score is from 39 yards out

We laugh together my friend! 37 yard tds are pathetic! So are guys that wear bandanas that are not bald! :banana:

Parker has had 3 games out of 6 for rushing for over 100 yards and is ranked 9th over all in yardage and he had a bye week with a couple of guys ahead of him not having their bye week yet so there's a good chance he could move up a couple more slots. He has a total of 539 yards with only 461 yards to go in 10 games to be a 1,000 yard rusher which is the measuring tool of a good running back or receiver in the NFL. I went through this same thing with these people who went out and drafted Benson and where saying Thomas Jones will be benched you don't here from them anymore. People have got to realize that it's not what the owners pay the players it's the coach, his job is on the line if he doesn't win and he will play the best players if he wants his job. :thumbsdown:

Where are all the haters now?? I know that yesterdays game doesn't make him the "next comming", but give the man some credit...

(at least there is no question that Tiki Barbers Barber doesn't have to do his "self imposed leave") :doublethumbsup:

Nice thread...I am the one who as soon as the board was back up yesterday started a thread...Nice try though dipshit.

Nice thread...I am the one who as soon as the board was back up yesterday started a thread...Nice try though "friend".

Hey I gave you props for that nateburleson81.....Like I said...with Ben and Hines...it's a different approach for the other team. Let's Willie have more room to run.

I ain't on FWP side one way or the other...we can only wait and see what the rest of the season brings us.

Where are all the haters now??  I know that yesterdays game doesn't make him the "next comming", but give the man some credit...

(at least there is no question that Tiki Barbers Barber doesn't have to do his "self imposed leave")  :cry:

Nice thread...I am the one who as soon as the board was back up yesterday started a thread...Nice try though dipshit.

For as much bullsh*t that you have been spewing in the last 4 weeks, you deserve it..Moron :(

Deserve what...You have not givin me anything but more reasons as to why you are dumb sorry sob...Keep up the good work.

Well, I guess you win again.. :o

BTW..I did finally read your post yesterday...Not too bad, but you really ought to give the guy more credit...It's O.K. to have an opinion and be wrong on occasion..Really, it happens..

.It's O.K. to have an opinion and be wrong on occasion..Really, it happens..

He admitted than when he got crabs, he thought he wouldn't cause he wore a rubber...remember, he doesn't admit to being perfect.

.It's O.K. to have an opinion and be wrong on occasion..Really, it happens..

He admitted than when he got crabs, he thought he wouldn't cause he wore a rubber...remember, he doesn't admit to being perfect.

Yea, I know cuse...He just p*sses me off..not a nice guy (err..ex stalker) like you..

;)

FWP is definitely not an every week starter, but he's been a great fantasy pick.

His inconsistency is a little bothersome, as is Cowher's tendency to juggle the workload of his backs, but, at times, he looks like the real deal.

Hell, other than the stud backs (LT, SA, Edge, Priest) who HAS been consistant this year?

FWP is definitely not an every week starter, but he's been a great fantasy pick.

His inconsistency is a little bothersome, as is Cowher's tendency to juggle the workload of his backs, but, at times, he looks like the real deal.

Hell, other than the stud backs (LT, SA, Edge, Priest) who HAS been consistant this year?

LaMont Jordan

Guest Loose Circuits

Last I looked LT and Alexander didn't exactly blow up the scoreboard this week. Nobody is consistent, everyone has bad weeks. Parker is going to tear up lesser competition though, and there is a lot of that left on his schedule. When the match-up is right, I would start him over a number of backs.

Now that's a tough call this weekend v. Baltimore, especially if Ray Lewis is out. The Pitt D will shut down Baltimore and there will be plenty of carries to go around..

LaMont Jordan

Not true at all.

Jordan has had two real good games all year.

Of course, from a fantasy standpoint, he had three, since he got two cheapy TDs in a 36 rushing yard effort in week 6.

I have him in my 10-teamer league and I haven't been too thrilled with him.

LaMont Jordan

Not true at all.

Of course, from a fantasy standpoint, he had three, since he got two cheapy TDs in a 36 rushing yard effort in week 6.

Jordan is the #4 overall RB. Top 5 overall player. Not a PPR league either.

You don't deserve to have him on your team if you don't appreiciate what he's been doing this year. WHy don't you trade him for Kevin Jones?

LaMont Jordan

Not true at all.

You don't deserve to have him on your team if you don't appreiciate what he's been doing this year. WHy don't you trade him for Kevin Jones?

One huge game tends to put a guy higher in the rankings than he really should be.

Maybe with the team you have, he's been fine. For me, he seems to have his biggest games when I don't start him.

I need consistancy, not a guy who gains 19 yards on 16 carries one week, and gets 36 yards the next.

Guest Loose Circuits

LaMont Jordan

Not true at all.

One huge game tends to put a guy higher in the rankings than he really should be.

Maybe with the team you have, he's been fine. For me, he seems to have his biggest games when I don't start him.

I need consistancy, not a guy who gains 19 yards on 16 carries one week, and gets 36 yards the next.

You better drop LT then. Cause he had less than 20 yards last week...

LaMont Jordan

Not true at all.

Lamont Jordan has had double digits in every game except one in my league. The three backs ahead of him in points (LT, SA, Edge) all have two games with less than double digits. Seems pretty consistent to me.

LaMont Jordan

Not true at all.

Lamont Jordan has had double digits in every game except one in my league. The three backs ahead of him in points (LT, SA, Edge) all have two games with less than double digits. Seems pretty consistent to me.

Yours must be a PPR league, Mine's not.

LaMont Jordan

Not true at all.

Yours must be a PPR league, Mine's not.

no. 6 pts/touchdown plus yardage bonus.

He is 9th in the NFL for rushing yards. Not to shabby IMO

ANYONE with 113 carries behind the best rushing offense in football would be in the top 10!

Its the other ten that make the 1 in this case, not the 1 that makes the other 10.