Sign in to follow this  
Guest Moose Knuckle Ball Four

Browns CB Gary Baxter done for season

Guest Moose Knuckle Ball Four

BEREA, Ohio (AP) - Cleveland Browns cornerback Gary Baxter will miss the remainder of the season after tearing a chest muscle in Sunday's loss to the Detroit Lions.

Baxter, who signed as a free agent in the off-season with Cleveland, had surgery on Monday morning at the Cleveland Clinic. Browns coach Romeo Crennel believes Baxter got hurt in the first quarter.

The 26-year-old Baxter missed the first game of the season with a concussion. He finishes the season with 20 tackles and two interceptions.

Baxter signed a six-year, $30-million US contract with Cleveland in March after spending four seasons with Baltimore.

With Baxter out, Leigh Bodden, who replaced him for the final three quarters on Sunday, may move into the starting lineup. Bodden had been inactive for Cleveland's two previous games.

"He (Bodden) played reasonably well," Crennel said.

I think we are the most cursed team out there when it comes to injuries. I mean we lost braylon for a few weeks because of a skin infection, give me a break. We pay all this money for Baxter and now he is done. I predicted 7 wins this year now I say we get 5 maybe six at the most. Thank god for fantasy football because since the Browns rebirth :doublethumbsup: in 99 it has been nothing but a headache and heartache following this team.