Sign in to follow this  
JScott

If the Eagles had lost yesterday

Going for it on 4th down with 3:27 or so left on the clock deep in Eagle territory with 2 (or maybe 3) times out remaining plus the 2 minute warning and the D absolutely sufficating LT2?

I'm not an Eagle or Charger fan but I was really surprised by that move. With the D stopping the run so well why not punt the ball there. SD was only moving the ball thru the air so there were bound to be clock stopages and if they did decide to try and run to stop the clock, Phili was all over LT2 so they could have called used their TOs and the 2 minute warning and got the ball right back will little time off the clock. Just didn't make much sence IMO.

Obviously everything worked out ok in the very end but if it hadn't would that call be getting more attention rather than the FG blocked for the TD?.

I was fine with the decision, but I wasn't fine with the playcall.

What bugged me more than that call was the failure of Eagle players to get out of bounds at the end of the first half. Alot of people want to blame McNabb and Reid, but it's up to the receivers to know the clock, the field position, and what they need to do after the catch.

Westbrook was the biggest culprit of them all. Is getting an extra yard or two better than stopping the clock, knowing full well the team's out of timeouts yet already in field goal position?

I think there are alot of guys on that team that need to get their heads screwed on straight (including the coaching staff).

Part of me wishes they DIDNT win the game.

Then maybe they'd frickin run the ball up the gut next time there's 4th-and-2 instead of a vanilla dropback-and-pass-into-triple-coverage play.

And what's up with Lamar Gordon getting like 40% of the playing time? That dude sux.

-al

Part of me wishes they DIDNT win the game.

Then maybe they'd frickin run the ball up the gut next time there's 4th-and-2 instead of a vanilla dropback-and-pass-into-triple-coverage play.

And what's up with Lamar Gordon getting like 40% of the playing time? That dude sux.

-al

The thing that bothered me on the play is having Gordon and Parry in the game on the fourth and two. Everybody in the stadium knows that they're not running the ball, so why even have them in there?

What's even more frustrating is McNabb's half azz play action passes. Again, everyone knows you're throwing the ball, so why even fake the handoff? Not only that, the fake is so lame.

I'm starting to think that Reid's ego is permeating the offensive gameplan. It's been proven that throwing 50+ times a game will not get it done. Are the fans the only ones who remember the SB loss last season?

I also think the running game suffers when Reid decides to shorten up the passing attack. By doing that, defenders are gonna be closer to the LOS. If a team's gonna play close to the LOS and rush, throw it down the focking field, and keep doing it until they stop.

I hate the way this team plays offense right now. Part of me does wish they lost yesterday, because maybe Reid will finally take notice. :pointstosky:

Like I said before, I was surprised they didn't punt and put the D on the field. But I agree that the play call on 4th was terrible. Pre-snap I thought McNabb could have run the QB sneak for the 2 yds as the LBs were 3 or 4 yds off the LOS. But a screen pass up the middle :banana: Reid's second thought should have been that SD would go with "goalline D" heavy up the middle so why not a swing pass or a screen pass to Westbrook out in the flat away from the expected pressure?

I had no problem with them going for it either. It is the play call that was horrible, and they didn't even have westbrook in there, which is a bunch of bull.

They stole that game and won't continue to be able to do this week in and week out. They need to run the ball or they won't even make it back to the NFC Championship game.

They tried to run the ball, but it looked like the offensive line couldn't even run block, and they complain that they don't get to do it. Well if you can't run block they why do it :mad:

I hate the way this team plays offense right now. Part of me does wish they lost yesterday, because maybe Reid will finally take notice. :banana:

I'll trade one Tuna Parcells straight up for Reid. :blink:

Like I said before, I was surprised they didn't punt and put the D on the field. But I agree that the play call on 4th was terrible. Pre-snap I thought McNabb could have run the QB sneak for the 2 yds as the LBs were 3 or 4 yds off the LOS. But a screen pass up the middle :banana: Reid's second thought should have been that SD would go with "goalline D" heavy up the middle so why not a swing pass or a screen pass to Westbrook out in the flat away from the expected pressure?

I was looking for some decent play action and a slant to TO, or maybe even a short hook to LJ in the slot.

I heard an interesting tidbit on WIP. They were discussing the wasted timeout yesterday, and it appears that part of the problem is with the length of the playcalls themselves. I didn't know this, but the verbage that Reid uses to call plays is very long, and it's causing McNabb to use up a few more seconds in the huddle.

It makes sense, because this has been a lingering issue.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.