Sign in to follow this  
Guest Moose Knuckle Ball Four

Parcells explains shove to assistant

Guest Moose Knuckle Ball Four

IRVING – A day after the Cowboys' 13-10 loss to the Seahawks, a lot of the talk in the locker room centered on coach Bill Parcells shoving receivers coach Todd Haley on the sideline.

Several players said they watched replays of Parcells shoving Haley after he tried to get involved in a dispute with officials.

Cowboys coach Bill Parcells is seen shoving assistant Todd Haley during Sunday's game. "In light of the things that happened two weeks ago in the league, we got a memorandum from the league about conduct toward officials and rightfully so," Parcells said Monday. "So I told my team and my coaches that I don't want that and that I'll be the one that talks to officials. And I don't berate the officials. I told [Haley] to stop and he didn't. So we had to have a little talk with him."

The altercation occurred after officials waved off an illegal contact penalty on Seahawks safety Marquand Manuel early in the fourth quarter. Both Parcells and tight end Jason Witten, who Manuel was covering, were livid after the call.

But when Haley attempted to interject something from the sideline, Parcells turned and shoved him. Parcells then finished his conversation with the officials.

Moments later, he and Haley continued shouting at each other. The two worked together with the Jets, and Haley has the reputation for being one of the most fiery coaches on the Cowboys' staff.

Asked Monday if Haley ducked the punch, Parcells smiled briefly and then moved on to another subject.

Haley was unavailable for comment. Parcells does not allow his assistant coaches to speak with reporters during the season.

Across the NFL, several players have been ejected this season for making contact with officials. The Ravens had two players ejected in a loss to the Lions two weeks ago and Tampa Bay cornerback Ronde Barber inadvertently punched an official in the eye as he tried to go after Jets center Kevin Mawae.

Those incidents, along with several others, are what prompted league officials to send out a memorandum to every team in the league.

Parcells does not allow his assistant coaches to speak with reporters during the season.

Parcells also doesn't allow his offense to open it up, especially in the red zone. :cheers:

Parcell's needs a beat down. :thumbsdown:

Guest Johnny Holmes

I wonder if there would be more outrage if the Tuna had punched a Nergo assistant coach instead of a Caucasion coach?

Would Jesse get involved?

I wonder if there would be more outrage is the Tuna had punched a Nergo assistant coach instead of a Caucasion coach?

Would Jesse get involved?

Excellent point. In the age of Springer, nothing's shocking anymore about white on white shoving. ;)

If that coach was Black -- it would have been a PR nightmare !

real fpocking sad