Sign in to follow this  
Guest Moose Knuckle Ball Four

WR Brandon Jones - MRI Results favorable

THE NEWS

Wide receiver Brandon Jones did not practice Wednesday, and it appears the rookie will not be available for Sunday's game against the Raiders.

Our View

With Jones and top wideout Drew Bennett both on the sidelines, the Titans will go to battle with Tyrone Calico, Roydell Williams, and Courtney Roby as the only receivers who have spent more than a couple days with Norm Chow's offense.

I'm just guessing that Brandon Jones will be out for a couple weeks. Its tough to come back after a week from a knee sprain. Now my only problem is whether to hold on to him or drop him for Calico. I figure they both drop in value when Bennett comes back, but Calico will be the #1 for a couple weeks. When Bennett and Jones are back though, Jones will have more value, but probably not enough to warrant a start as TEN's #2, but still more than Calico. Im just rambling. ahhh decision decisions.

My two cents .

Bennett is the starter when back. He gets his cast off i think in 2 weeks . he was going to try to play next week with the cast but nixed that idea . he should be ready to go by week 11 or maybe 12 at the worst.

calico can get the #2 spot back if he were to step it up this weekend but he has shown no inclination of that. He was beaten out of the #2 spot by a rookie and was criticized a little for not catching a ball or two last week.

I think Brandon Jones is the clear #2 after the bye (week 10) unless Calico goes off and that I highly doubt.

Other injuries: Defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth (calf), cornerback Andre Woolfolk (hamstring) and wide receiver Brandon Jones (knee) sat out practice for the second day in a row. Fisher said all three were doing better.

Jones had another MRI of his knee yesterday and said he was awaiting results.

"I'm pretty sure it's not anything serious," he said. "The swelling is down a lot, I am feeling a lot better, I am walking a lot better… I'm trying to get out there and play but I've got to do what's best for me."

From the Teneseean this morning

Jones had another MRI of his knee yesterday and said he was awaiting results.

"I'm pretty sure it's not anything serious," he said. "The swelling is down a lot, I am feeling a lot better, I am walking a lot better… I'm trying to get out there and play but I've got to do what's best for me."

Well I couldn't wait on Mr. Jones anymore. I'm hurting for WRs and had to put a claim in for Derrick Mason (one of the only starters left on the WW) because I can't go through another game-time decision. Goodbye to you and your knee Mr. Jones ! :blink:

Guest TheCheat

Didn't practice Fri. either, acc. to Rotoworld:

Brandon Jones (questioanble, knee) missed practice for the third straight day Friday.

Get him out of your lineup. Roydell Williams or Courtney Roby will get the start for the Titans. There has been no word about Jones' second MRI yet. Oct. 28 - 5:41 pm et

Roydell Williams could start for the Titans at wide receiver this week.

With Brandon Jones and Drew Bennett out, it's either Williams or fellow rookie Courtney Roby. Williams had more snaps and catches last week and isn't a terrible last minute option if you need help. Oct. 28 - 5:43 pm et

I know moose started this topic, but whats with pinning a thread about some scrub WR?

This guy is nothing, but you are frittering over him like the status of his knee is as important as Soilent Green. He's just a prospect, and only blipped on my radar (very faint), because you pinned the article.

I read the article becuase I thought it was about the hulking RB with the Gints.

He was not just a prospect. With all the injurys to WR's he became a hot commodity as a #1 reciever on a NFL Team and did not disapoint. In his first 5 minutes of the game he had a 35 yard Td and you saw his potential to be a pretty good reciever. Just too bad he got hurt as he could have had a big day.

I do agree he probally does not deserve to be pinned as that should be for studs only. But you cant call the guy a scrub as he was producing. He had been a favorite target of McNairs and is leading all rookie recievers this year.

McNair completed practice for the third day in a row and is a go for tomorrow's game.

The aching back that kept the quarterback out of last Sunday's game at Arizona is no longer a problem, according to Coach Jeff Fisher.

"He took more reps this week than he probably did the last three or four,'' Fisher said.

Woolfolk (hamstring) and wide receiver Brandon Jones (knee) did not practice yesterday and are not expected to play tomorrow, although Fisher said results of an additional test on Jones' knee were encouraging.

Running back Damien Nash left the practice field early and didn't return due to what Fisher called "hamstring tightness.''

Defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth (calf) returned to practice yesterday but is questionable for tomorrow's game.

additional test on Jones' knee were encouraging

From the first MRI they said it showed nothing , second MRI was Encouraging.

Im reading a little between the lines but it sounds like he isnt 100% by a long shot.

This is how Holts and Jackson knee was started and look at them now.

I was extremly high on him but he is out this week and you would think good chance he is out next week since they have a bye to rest him.. Bennet gets his cast off in 2 weeks and is due back after the bye so I think jones is a non factor now. ANd the next 2 weeks is a chance for Calcio or one of the other recievers to step up and replace him.

Im not happy about this as I was hoping to have found a good #2 wr as mne have not been to encouraging. Bennett , Burleson , Andre Johnson , Antonio Bryant.

Theres goes another good prospect.