Sign in to follow this  
Guest Moose Knuckle Ball Four

Chris Brown should practice this week

Guest Moose Knuckle Ball Four

Running back Chris Brown sustained a shoulder burner on Sunday, but Fisher said he expects him to practice this week.

Fisher said Brown lost feeling in his hand after the injury. He will undergo tests, but Fisher said loss of feeling is normal.

If Fisher says that C Brown will practice, chances are he's ok. Once a stinger wears off, there is an increased likelihood of reinjury to the same area but overall once pain free range of motion returns the player should be ok.

From WebMD:

A 'burner,' also called a 'stinger,' is a common nerve injury resulting from trauma to the neck and shoulder, according to an article published in the Nov. 1 issue of American Family Physician. The primary symptom is a burning pain that travels down one arm and is often accompanied by numbness and weakness. This injury is most commonly seen in athletes participating in contact sports like football, wrestling, and hockey or in sports where the upper body may suffer collisions or pulls, such as gymnastics.

Symptoms of burners are usually short-lived -- seconds to minutes -- but severe injuries can take weeks or months to heal. Frequently, burners recur and sometimes lead to a chronic syndrome.

"Although burners are common injuries, their true incidence is unknown. This void is largely due to underreporting by athletes," write Geoffrey S. Kuhlman, MD, and Douglas B. McKeag, MD, in the study. A survey of college football players found that 65% of players had at least one burner in their college careers, but 70% of these athletes did not report the injury to anyone. Kuhlman is director of sports medicine at the Hinsdale Family Practice Residency in Illinois, and McKeag is professor of family practice and orthopedics at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine.

A burner usually involves the nerves coming out of the spinal cord and going into the arm. Sometimes they also affect nerves in the neck. Usually, the symptoms disappear within minutes, but they may reappear hours or days later.

Chris Brown is becoming fool's gold. Very talented, and then he goes out and gives me 37 vs the worst run D in the league.

You cannot depend on this guy.

Guest Loose Circuits

my main concern is Travis Henry's return, more so than Brown's injury. I've had plenty of stingers in wrestling and football. I can't believe this poss didn't return to the game.

Exactly circuits. Edge would've come back and gotten another 100 + a TD, Brown is a poss. T henry wont get the job outright, Brown will keep it for now.

Of course, this will be after Brown's 100/1TD game next week that tempts me into starting him the follwing week (26 yards, ankle injury).