Sign in to follow this  
Giants Fan

Would you ever bench a player on MNF

Not that I am worried, but I am up by 10 with Dunn to go. Has anybody ever taken a player out, solidifying the win, just in case the player has a bad night and has enough fumbles or picks to get NEGATIVE points and cost you the game?

My co-worker is up by .74 and has Jets Def tonight. The only way he loses is if the Atlanta scores 35+ and the Jets D gets no sacks or turnovers. I never thought of that before, but if he would just bench his defense now, he wins! Intriguing idea.

Sure, why not. You're cheating yourself out of points if they are factored into tie-breakers... but you do what you can to win.

Not that I am worried, but I am up by 10 with Dunn to go. Has anybody ever taken a player out, solidifying the win, just in case the player has a bad night and has enough fumbles or picks to get NEGATIVE points and cost you the game?

If I was leading by 2 or 3 points and have a kicker playing on Monday Night I would pull him because we give minus points for missed or blocked kicks. :banana:

If I was Herman Edwards and I already had the Fantasy win in the bag, I would sit Curtis Martin & Coles so they don't get hurt...He has the win already anyway. :banana:

Was it last year or the year before when Travis Henry got knocked out of the game during the first drive... right after throwing a half-back toss... to the other team.

One play, an interception. -2 points. Guy in our league was up by one point with no one else playing, and it cost him the game.

Good times... good times. :pointstosky:

we dont have invalid lineups in my league, I have benched my def before on monday night with a 1pt lead. Overall points is a factor in our league, but wins is more important

I dont see anything wrong with it, however on that day my def put up 18pts

HTH

If it was a very close game I may bench a kicker or someone who has the potential to get negative points. Otherwise probably not.