Sign in to follow this  
dutch boy

Does LJ have trade value in keeper leagues?

with Lee Evans being a flop and Ferguson hurt, Marty Booker and Justin McCareins have become my #3 wr's. I'm in first place in my division, but also own Bulger/Holt, so things are really thin. I've got LJ handcuffed to Priest, but I may shop LJ around hoping to snag one of the following WR's.

Possible trade targets:

Andre Johnson

Nate Burleson

Brandon Lloyd

Donte Stallworth

Keyshawn Johnson

TJ Houshmandzadeh

Chris Chambers

Would you guys part with LJ and ride out a weak #3 wr, or roll the dice and play 100% for this year. LJ can be kept in 2007, so it's not a dynasty league. (My rb's are holmes, mcgahee, LJ, T.Henry, Pass)

LJ is worth more than any of those guys B)

I realize that, but realistically, LJ won't start a game for me this year, so if I can vastly improve my #3 WR, it may be worth it.

ps- I should have mentioned it's a salary league, so the WR's i've listed are guys that match LJ's $.

You are crazy if you trade Lj for any of those chubs listed. Burlson??? Lloyd??? Andre Jonson?!?!!??!?!!?!? These are chumpos that are literally one step away from the waiver wire. If you need a wr that produces some points, just pick up Chatman from GB, I doubt anyone has him, he is the #2 now. ######, whoever the Packers sign off the stree this week is guarented to get a couple tds from Favre this year.

Also, if Priest goes down this year, you just gave up a 30 pt per game scorer and became the laughingstock of fantasy football for all time. Not to mention the fact that LJ has had big points in at least three games while playing behind Priest. That is a 50% success rate, so if your other backs go down, you would at least have a safty valve.

The kicker in all of this is that you said your league is a keeper. I've got news for you, there is no way LJ and Priest are on the same team next year. Lj will hold out as it won't be worth it to him to get injured, Kc will not let him hold out for fear he will never resign with them. It will be a contentous situation, unless Preist agrees to a Marshall faulk type situation next year.

So in summary, please send me some of the kind bud that you are smoking right now!!!! Lj at this point is worth atop wr, no less, something that would really improve your team. I'm talking SSmith, either one of the Mosses, Holt, Burress, Fitz,or a 2nd teir rb that is playing well and migfht be an extra guy on someones roster like Dunn or TJones.

No. He's a scrub. You should immediaty attempt to deal him. However you don't want to risk offending your leaguemates by offering too much. You should start the bidding at Michael Jenkins, a handful of belly button lint and a buckt of warm vomit. :thumbsup:

or keep LJ since he's obviously the best guy on your list in a keeper format

At this rate... LJ's ONLY value is in a keeper league.

...and even then, you never know what Priest will do next year. :thumbsup: