Sign in to follow this  
pipeman

Any "Miracle Comeback" stories out there?

On paper, everyone thought mine was the team to beat (see sig). Well, they took it to heart, and have been kicking my arse with regularity. Anyone have a great comeback story to inspire all of us on the end of our ff ropes?

One year started 1-5...along the way made two trades:

Gave Levens and Galloway for Harrison and Edge (first week of season)

Traded FT for Warner

As you can see this was a few years ago...went on a run, made the fantasy SB. :cry:

And lost :mad:

This year started 0-5 (weekly doubleheaders except for week 1) and have managed to get to above .500, at 7-6 and tied for the division lead. Again two trades and some good WW moves have helped overcome the loss of Walker and Deuce.

I started 1-5 in 2000. I had Harrison, Holt & Tim Brown (3 of the top 5 WRs that year) but not much else.

Another guy in the league was 6-0 thanks to the Culpepper-to-Moss connection. His #4 WR was Joe Horn, who was in his first year in New Orleans and was off to a bit of a slow start.

So.....I offered Harrison (the #1 WR in the league) plus my starting QB (Aikman) for Horn and his backup QB -- Jeff Garcia. The guy couldn't believe I was giving him such a great deal. :headbanger:

I ended up winning the rest of my games and cruising to the Superbowl.

I have back to back Monday Night Miracles...

Last week....Down by 30. I have Stephen Jackson and Kevin Curtis....I get 31 points :lol:

This week....Down by 14 points. I have the Falcons defense. The defense gets me 15 points. :thumbsdown:

I am now in first place with a 2 game cushion in my division

:lol:

On paper, everyone thought mine was the team to beat (see sig). Well, they took it to heart, and have been kicking my arse with regularity. Anyone have a great comeback story to inspire all of us on the end of our ff ropes?

I've seen an 0-5 team go 7-5-1 and make the playoffs.

I started 0-6 in a league two years ago, got hot, won 7 in a row and snuck into the playoffs with a 7-6 record. Those first six weeks were miserable though.

came back from being down 23 last night with ATL getting me 29 points. Put me at 5-2 and in second place.

Also, "my keep your starters" league I'm 5-2 and overtook first place. I didn't think I would be anywhere near that good with that squad. I've definately got lucky facing LT last week, and with Holt being out.

How are you losing with that team? I started 1-5 last year but turned it around with a bunch of trades and ended up winning the league:

Gave up Harrison and Barlow and got Steven Jackson and Muhsin Muhammed

Gave up Jimmy Smith for Julius Jones (one week later Jones broke his collarbone but I luckily held onto him for his great second half run)

Gave up Travis Henry and got Michael Pittman (before he went off)

Gave up Marshall Faulk for Fred Taylor

Drafted Antonio Gates in the 12th round

Picked up Cincy D, lot of turnovers and touchdowns.

14 team league and won my last 8 games in a row. had the high score 4 of those weeks. :thumbsup:

Second highest point total in the league, yet catching everyone on their "blowup" games. Ticks you off when 80 pts wins for others, yet you score 102 and lose by two. :headbanger: