Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Texas Longhorns vs Houston Texans

who wins? :unsure:

Well, texas has a far better offensive line.

I would take Carr over Young right now, in three years, I don't know.

Texas probably has a better defense.

Jamal Charles VS Domanick Davis..... push :clap:

I say Longhorns 24 Texans 17

It'd never happen - the Texans' BCS rating would be below that of USC and Va Tech. WE NEED A PLAYOFF SYSTEM :clap:

It'd never happen - the Texans' BCS rating would be below that of USC and Va Tech. WE NEED A PLAYOFF SYSTEM :mad:

I think there are several teams that might be able to hang with the Texans. I would bet USC would hang 30 on them.

There's another thread on this and there's no way that any college team could hang with any NFL team period. It's easy to think so because the Texans suck, but I think they'd beat Texas the way USC beat Oklahoma last year and the way they'll beat Texas this year.

There's another thread on this and there's no way that any college team could hang with any NFL team period. It's easy to think so because the Texans suck, but I think they'd beat Texas the way USC beat Oklahoma last year and the way they'll beat Texas this year.

Don't be so damn jealous. Stop hating the Horns because your team sucks balls. It makes you look even dumber than you do on your won. ;)

It makes you look even dumber than you do on your won.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Learn how to write idiot before saying crap like that.

Check out the other thread where almost everybody agrees that no college team could beat any NFL team.

offensively the Texans are really horrid. Given your choice between these guys who do you take?

Carr or Leinart

DD or Reggie Bush

DD's backup or Lendale White

AJ or Jarrett

Gaffney or Smith

whatever their TE is or Byrd

which O-line.

I go with the Trojans on everything but AJ.

offensively the Texans are really horrid. Given your choice between these guys who do you take?

Carr or Leinart

DD or Reggie Bush

DD's backup or Lendale White

AJ or Jarrett

Gaffney or Smith

whatever their TE is or Byrd

which O-line.

I go with the Trojans on everything but AJ.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You'd take those guys becuase they're producing really well right now against other college teams, while the Texans guys are not producing against other NFL teams. You can't just compare the stats. I'm guessing that if you compared where the Texans guys were drafted against where each of those Trojans end up being drafted, and the Texans guys come out being drafted higher.

Just a guess.

No college team can beat any NFL team.  Period, end of discussion.  <_<

remember when people were saying those canes teams of the late 80's coud beat pro teams? how did those guys turn out in the pros? qb steve walsh :lol: , wr irvin,brian blades,fb melvin bratton, rb alonzo highsmith, lb randy shannon, d line i forget, but one of them was decent, db bennie blades, a couple starters were not even drafted( in the old 12 round draft days) that team would have got waxed by any NFL team. no college team can beat a pro team.

Remember the College All-Star game in Chicago? The best college players in the country—the cream of the crop—played the defending NFL champion 42 times from 1934 to 1976. The pros won 33 times; the college all-stars won nine.

There are about 10-13 starters for the Longhorns that will never see an NFL snap.

The Longhorns are great and the Texans suck, but use your heads.

Remember the College All-Star game in Chicago? The best college players in the country—the cream of the crop—played the defending NFL champion 42 times from 1934 to 1976. The pros won 33 times; the college all-stars won nine.

And the college all-stars were giving 100%, trying to impress someone.

The pros didn't even want to be playing.

Would have easily been 42-0, if the pros gave a crap.

please stop asking if college teams can beat pro teams. its rediculous. pro teams are conprised of the top players from the best college teams. so stop these threads. :thumbsup:

Better question:

Will Texas go undefeated against the line this year? Probably not, but the fact they're 7-0 so far has made this homer some cash.

Don't let the facts get in the way of your opinions, huckleberry...

No way a group of amatuer hockey players could beat the best hockey team in the world either.... :banana:

No one said it could never, ever happen. In any sporting event a major upset (i.e the 1980 USA hockey team) is possible. But if the Texans played USC or the Horns 100 times Houston might lose only once or twice. Thats the point.

They would probably agree they're both a couple of queer teams from the lamest state in the union and just have a big redneck orgy at the 50.

please stop asking if college teams can beat pro teams. its rediculous. pro teams are conprised of the top players from the best college teams. so stop these threads. :thumbsdown:

Not the Texans. they are comprised of Andre Johnson and a bunch of scrubs that would be cut off every other NFL roster.

please stop asking if college teams can beat pro teams.  its rediculous.  pro teams are conprised of the top players from the best college teams.  so stop these threads. :o

Not the Texans. they are comprised of Andre Johnson and a bunch of scrubs that would be cut off every other NFL roster.

..and we have a winner :thumbsdown:

Don't let the facts get in the way of your opinions, huckleberry...

You're not really stupid enough to thik that a group of college kids could ever beat the NFL champions, if the pro team really cared about it, are you?

I don't know you, but I'm sure you're more knowkledgeable than that.

The college all-stars are trying to make an impession on NFL coaches. The NFL champions want nothing to do with the game. In fact, NFL owners eventually stopped playing the game.

If it weren't for the trip to Hawaii, pros wouldn't go to the Pro Bowl game either, in fact, many don't go, even if voted in. That's the way the pros approached the college all-star game.

No college team can beat any NFL team.  Period, end of discussion.  :rolleyes:

No one said it? :huh:

My bad, I guess I assumed that most people on this bored were smart enough to infer what a statement like that would mean. :lol:

Guess you really have to spell things out for people around here.

Is this a better statement smart azz?

When there is a full moon and all the planets are aligned, it is possible for a huge upset, like a college team beating a NFL team, to happen. However this is a very rare occurence and only numbskulls would argue to any other effect.

A game of this type will never be played, but if you gave each team a reason to play it.

Give every player on the UTexas team $10 million dollars if they win...thats like $900 million dollars with the size of college teams hehe. And then this scenario for Houston

If the Houston Texans were 0-15 going into their last regular season game and trying to avoid the fate that has happened to only one other NFL team in history, and they could substitute in UTexas on their schedule.

Houston would beat UT 60-3.

There are about 10-13 starters for the Longhorns that will never see an NFL snap.

The Longhorns are great and the Texans suck, but use your heads.

This was supposed to be fun, not for real. Come on guys. :thumbsup:

A game of this type will never be played, but if you gave each team a reason to play it.

Give every player on the UTexas team $10 million dollars if they win...thats like $900 million dollars with the size of college teams hehe. And then this scenario for Houston

If the Houston Texans were 0-15 going into their last regular season game and trying to avoid the fate that has happened to only one other NFL team in history, and they could substitute in UTexas on their schedule.

Houston would beat UT 60-3.

Houston couldn't put up 60 points against an old folks home.

No college team would beat an NFL team !

I wouldn't say it couldn't possibly be done, but it isn't very likely.

The skill positions might be equal in talent, but the Offensive and Defensive lines would be completely one sided.

Texans would win about 60-0.

:sleep: Probably 80-0

You guys are being really naive if you think a college football team can hang with one in the NFL. Don't get it twisted... The texans are the worst team in the NFL, but they are comprised of top players from College Football. Not only are they top players, but they have been training and playing grown a$$ men on a top level. There is always a team who is going to be the worst of a sport, but thoes players are still the best of the best.

Remind yourself these are grown a$$ men on the texans. And very few rookies can even make a big impact on an NFL game because now they are playing with grown men. Usually it takes time and a learning curve. So if you think the texas, USC, or whoever OL can hold and NFL DL you are crazy and lack football IQ. if you think an NFL OL can be dominated by a colleges team DL you are crazy. And the list goes on..... I mean people come on use some common sense. This would be a massacure.

They would probably agree they're both a couple of queer teams from the lamest state in the union and just have a big redneck orgy at the 50.

Normally, I would not even respond to something like this but today it really rubbed me the wrong way.

Go fu@k yourself Nancy.

Texans would win about 60-0.

:banana: Probably 80-0

You guys are being really naive if you think a college football team can hang with one in the NFL. Don't get it twisted... The texans are the worst team in the NFL, but they are comprised of top players from College Football. Not only are they top players, but they have been training and playing grown a$$ men on a top level. There is always a team who is going to be the worst of a sport, but thoes players are still the best of the best.

Remind yourself these are grown a$$ men on the texans. And very few rookies can even make a big impact on an NFL game because now they are playing with grown men. Usually it takes time and a learning curve. So if you think the texas, USC, or whoever OL can hold and NFL DL you are crazy and lack football IQ. if you think an NFL OL can be dominated by a colleges team DL you are crazy. And the list goes on..... I mean people come on use some common sense. This would be a massacure.

You are being ridiculous if you don't think Reggie Bush would be able to score on the hapless Texans.