Sign in to follow this  
Christianquest

Jose Cortez, the Rasputin of all kickers

Cowboys give him the boot yesterday, but Philly scoops him up today ...Wow..are they that desperate ??

Hey Mr. Cortez,

Do you have a playbook and can you provide the last 7 game plans.

Any information you can provide would be helpful. I know you hate Parcells guts, so spit it out.

Sincerely,

Andy Reid

Hey Mr. France,

Any information you can provide would be helpful. I know you hate Reid's guts, so spit it out.

Sincerely,

Bill Parcells

With Akers coming back in the next week or two, Cortez will likely be used for kickoffs if needed.

With Akers coming back in the next week or two, Cortez will likely be used for kickoffs if needed.

That is correct. Even if Akers is kicking field goals, they'll keep Cortez on the active roster for kickoffs only.

Hey Mr. France,

Any information you can provide would be helpful. I know you hate Reid's guts, so spit it out.

Sincerely,

Bill Parcells

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say a kicker will not have an offensive playbook, nor will he really be involved in offensive meetings. :rolleyes:

Dallas will probably take Billy Cundiff back when possible.....The players, coaches, and fans hated Cortez....He was a complete jerk as well as horrible kicker.

Dallas will probably take Billy Cundiff back when possible.....The players, coaches, and fans hated Cortez....He was a complete jerk as well as horrible kicker.

Sounds like the perfect Eagle! :mad:

I beleive the Cowboys cut Todd France too didn't they? maybe they will sign him, he is better than friggin Cortez or Suishi.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say a kicker will not have an offensive playbook, nor will he really be involved in offensive meetings. :banana:

I'm gonna go out further on that limb and say that Cortez no comprendo Engleeeesh anyway.

Jose Cortez blows. I wouldn't trust him kicking from 30 yards out. Todd France was making his FGs. His kickoffs were short, but at least he was putting points on the board when asked to.

Is Cortez really going to effect the opponents starting field position on drives enough that it's worth chancing him missing a 35-45 yard field goal?

If Akers can kick FGs in a week or two and they just want Cortez for kickoffs it makes more sense, but I really hope Cortez doesn't become our FG kicker for an extended period of time. I definetly wouldn't trust him in the playoffs.

Guest Rock Hard

This whole deal is weird... it's obvious that Akers is returning soon (and well deserves to be the starter), but France definately earned the right to be a backup K.... gotta be something behind the scenes going on re: Todd that we don't have privy to....

I agree Jose's role will be on kickoffs only with David's return.. but damn, definately a jerk drop an pickup move by Philly, hate to see a player (Todd) do well and then get da shaft by a team.... sucks, I feel for him.... hope somebody else picks him up..

Interesting thing about Cortez. Since the XFL folded in 2001; how many former players got as many opportunities as he did for an actual NFL career? Tommy Maddox started his NFL tenure in the early '90's as Dan Reeves' b!tch, then floated around several years before the XFL and finally had two mediocre seasons as the Steelers starter. I believe his dismal game against Jacksonville all but sealed his doom as an NFL never-will-be. Rod Smart is essentially a special teams player.

That's about it. While plenty of washed up, fragile, slow, old, tiny, feeble, uncoachable, mellow or criminally inclined former NFL has-beens staggered their way onto XFL rosters; only the league's MVP, best kicker and most familiar personality ever made it back to the bigs.

Interesting thing about Cortez. Since the XFL folded in 2001; how many former players got as many opportunities as he did for an actual NFL career? Tommy Maddox started his NFL tenure in the early '90's as Dan Reeves' b!tch, then floated around several years before the XFL and finally had two mediocre seasons as the Steelers starter. I believe his dismal game against Jacksonville all but sealed his doom as an NFL never-will-be. Rod Smart is essentially a special teams player.

That's about it. While plenty of washed up, fragile, slow, old, tiny, feeble, uncoachable, mellow or criminally inclined former NFL has-beens staggered their way onto XFL rosters; only the league's MVP, best kicker and most familiar personality ever made it back to the bigs.

Shows you that the talent pool just isn't big enough for 2 professional football leagues to operate at the same time. See USFL also.

:shrugs shoulders: