Sign in to follow this  
Deported Banana Chucker

I think that that commish in our league is cheatin

I looked Monday night at our 12 team Sportsline league, last night this is what I saw. Coming into the week

Team A had the overall points lead

Team B was behind by 3 points

Team C (Commish) behind 27 points

Team D ( ME) behind 20 points

This week Team A had 76 points

Team B 108 points

Team C 114 points

Team D 126 points

I get the morning email this morning

Team C is points leader

Team B is 14 back

Team A is 11 back

Team D is 31 back

My question is does CBS track if the commish makes moves after the games are played to get the best performing player in his line up??

The team with the most points year end gets the waiver/trade money ( currently at $53 )

Yes. Go the the transaction report page, and choose the LINEUP report. However, the commish can delete entries from this.

:first: It does track moves, I think under transactions, other commishes have been caught at this on sportsline. I haven't used sportsline in 3 years, someone in here will know exactly, hard to follow your thread. keep us updated, I hate cheatin commishes.

Also,

If he was dumb enough to leave them in there, they will show up as red if he had to use his commish privs to do it....ie after the game was started or over.

If you checked Monday night, it had already calculated the points from Sunday's games. I suspect that the commish scored a lot of pts on Monday night. Did he have either Vick or Falcons D?

Go to last weeks standings and see what the pts were, then add-in this weeks pts.

For the record, CBS was hit by Hurricane Wilma, and had a bunch of stuffed messed up that I saw -- especially on Mon night...

Also, I don't know what scoring system you use, but it's possible that the differentials are just errors that have since been corrected. For instance, they NEVER score the BLFGTD correctly until Tues, and PHI had one of those this week...

I'd suggest that part of your investigation include the scores of some bench guys that may have been switched, to see if the "cheating" math adds up.

Don't you see what player's everyone starts before kickoff?

The Sportsline System automatically locks everyone's Lineup.... ours is locked 5 minutes before games start on Sunday. The Commish could make adjustments, but you should know if he did based on who he started.

Note: CBS Sportline was slow at posting some stats last night. My score adjusted this morning as well. Here's what is posted on the web-site:

"Hurricane Wilma hits CBS SportsLine HQ

Located in Ft. Lauderdale FL, SportsLine HQ and our employees took a big hit. All is in order, though we are running on backup power with emergency staffing. We appreciate your patience as we recover to full operating mode."

Don't you see what player's everyone starts before kickoff?

The Sportsline System automatically locks everyone's Lineup.... ours is locked 5 minutes before games start on Sunday. The Commish could make adjustments, but you should know if he did based on who he started.

That's why I suggested printing the commish's lineup. That way he has proof that he's cheating.

If he has the ability to delete transactions, print his lineup each week after the games begin and compare it when they're over. :angry:

Agreed, problem is that in many leagues you can change the rosters right up until gametime. And with Sportline running until tuesday to finalize the scores, you'll sometimes see swings of a couple of pts, but not usually the amount the points you're talking about. i'd print the lineup when the first game starts, and at the start of each series of games after that, then print the lineup transactions page. Everything should match up. If he's cheatin, it should only take a week or two for it to show up. I hate cheatin commishs...

Oh, and no way, did Joe "I changed my name from Theisman to Thiesman to I could sound like the award" really say "Norman"?

If he has the ability to delete transactions, print his lineup each week after the games begin and compare it when they're over.  :angry:

Agreed, problem is that in many leagues you can change the rosters right up until gametime. And with Sportline running until tuesday to finalize the scores, you'll sometimes see swings of a couple of pts, but not usually the amount the points you're talking about. i'd print the lineup when the first game starts, and at the start of each series of games after that, then print the lineup transactions page. Everything should match up. If he's cheatin, it should only take a week or two for it to show up. I hate cheatin commishs...

Oh, and no way, did Joe "I changed my name from Theisman to Thiesman to I could sound like the award" really say "Norman"?

That's why I said to print them after the games begin... plural. It's a little bit of a hassle, but printing his roster 4 times over the next couple of weeks should do the trick.

Yeah I will have to print out his roster after games start when I can.

Does CBS update the points after Sunday games and before the Monday game?, because that is when I looked at it, a guess an email to CBS is in order. When will they respond?? 2 - 3 weeks??

Things to keep in mind:

1. standings, including total points are not updated in real time. e.g. the points scored on MNF are not updated until Tuesday morning.

2. Sometimes (very rarely, but it's happened twice this year) when an owner makes a last minute roster move, the live scoring roster doesn't update until later in the day. It is suppossed to be instantaneous, but last week, I played the TJ Housh owner, and was pleased to see Housh in his lineup with a 0 for not playing....5 mins before the end of the night game, Housh disappeared and another WR3 appeared - also scored him a 0, but the point is that the occasional glitch like that can cause what you describe.

3. that said, there's a chance your commish is a cheating fock. :banana: