Sign in to follow this  
Cuse74

Need opinions - trade was vetoed

Sorry for the long post, but this trade is tearing our league apart. Ok, not really - Two teams in our league made a trade that the commish vetoed. I hope to get some feedback on whether this trade is fair or not.

The 12-team redraft league starts 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, and 1 DT. Scoring is pretty standard (1 pt per 10 yds rushing/receiving, 1 pt per 25 yds passing, 6 pts for all TDs, etc.).

Thanks!

Team A trades Peyton Manning, Frank Gore, and Michael Clayton to Team B. Team B trades Marvin Harrison, Willie Parker, and Jake Plummer to Team A.

Before the trade, Team A has the following (* indicates normal starters):

QB *Peyton Manning (becomes Jake Plummer after trade)

RB Reuben Droughns

RB *Brian Westbrook

WR *Lee Evans

WR *Rod Gardner

WR *David Patten

TE *Alge Crumpler

K *Mike Vanderjagt

DT *Miami Dolphins

QB Kurt Warner

RB Frank Gore (becomes Willie Parker after trade)

RB William Green

RB Reno Mahe

RB *Cadillac Williams

WR Michael Clayton (becomes Marvin Harrison after trade)

WR Bobby Engram

WR David Givens

WR Greg Lewis

Before the trade Team B looks like:

QB *Jake Plummer (becomes Peyton Manning after trade)

RB *Priest Holmes

RB *Willie Parker (becomes Frank Gore after trade)

WR *Marvin Harrison (becomes Michael Clayton after trade)

WR *Terry Glenn

WR *Chris Chambers

TE *Jason Witten

K *Lawrence Tynes

DT *Indianapolis Colts

QB Jeff Garcia

QB Josh McCown

RB Mewelde Moore

RB Chris Brown

RB Michael Bennett

RB Deshaun Foster

WR Antonio Bryant

WR Brandon Jones

DT Cincinnati Bengals

I think your Commish made the wrong move in not allowing that trade. Given the way Manning has been playing this year I don't think it was that one sided. Sorry but I am glad I don't play in your league!

Guest brownhelmets
I think your Commish made the wrong move in not allowing that trade. Given the way Manning has been playing this year I don't think it was that one sided. Sorry but I am glad I don't play in your league!

I agree 100%

Which team did the Commish thing was getting the better deal? Cuz, I'd rather have Marvin Harrison and Willie Parker. No way is this a veto, even if he vetoes lopsided trades and not just collusion.

Team b makes out like a bandit but if both parties are happy oh well.

I think you should shave Barbers head a little closer, maybe nic him up a bit so my boy B. Jacobs can get a shot.

your commish is an a$$wipe.... I know a commish or 2 like him... No way that trade gets vetoed! Sounds like sour grapes from the commish.

I think you should shave Barbers head a little closer, maybe nic him up a bit so my boy B. Jacobs can get a shot.

I had Tiki against me last week and he caused me from going 7-0 :blink: He did help me get a win in another league though. :huh:

There's not a damn thing wrong with that trade. Your commish is an arse.

Your commish is a ######. Everyone in your league should line up at his front door and punch him in the face in front of his wife and kids.... etc, etc, etc.

:doublethumbsup:

I can see how that trade can look kind of funny.

Tell us, what are the team's records?

Team A is 1 - 6 and Team B is 3 - 4...right now the final playoff spot goes to a 3 - 4 team, so both teams are in the hunt.

bump

sorry, just want to get a few more opinions on this one now that the teams' records have been posted

thanks

Add mine - If your commish vetoes trades like this, get in a different league next year. A veto here is horseshit!

That said, I sure would like your commish to get on this website and defend his veto. How come we seldom hear the point of view of the commish on these type of situations.....what was he thinking?

I don't even care what the rosters look like, it was a good trade. The definition of a good trade in our league is this: if there is no collusion, then it is good. Bottom line is that everyone in there should be responsible for their teams and if they are stupid, then tough crap. The commish's job is not to make sure that everyone's roster is even, it is to make sure that nothing funky goes on and to process trades, manage the website, keep track of points and money, nothing more.

There is no trade that is ever going to be made that is fair 100%, or else there wouldn't ever be a need to trade. Someone is trying to improve their team, not help out the opposition. If two guys can get together and come up with something that they think helps them, then that is their choice. Hell, why not just let the commish decide who is on who's roster?

This guy must be half Nazi and half ######.

What is your commish's record??? What are his reasons for the veto???

No trade should be vetoed unless there is evidence of collusion between the owners.

The value of players is subjective to each individual owner... it is irrational for a third party to be allowed to evaluate the "fairness" (i.e. equality, lopsidedness, balance) of a trade that was constructed by two other parties. I think the veto power being used to terminate a trade based upon the value of the players traded is an abuse of the power.

League rules should be re-written to specifically explain what the veto is for. Or, in the alternative before the season starts EVERY owner should be given notice of what the veto power of the commish may be used for (you gotta be a little leary of joining leagues where a commish has the power to nullify owner actions... and that power is vaguley and broadly described. That can only lead to situations of abuse of the power.)

What is one persons trash is another persons treasure anc vice versa.

Good luck in week 8 all you FFB Freaks. I know I'll need some luck to et by this week.

:mad:

I'm actually in a league where we are allowed to vote on the trades. I know, not my choice, but when you live in the country, beggars can't be choosers. Anyway, I have never seen a single trade voted down in two years, and the # of trades hits double digits, so it is not one of those "I can't get anyone to trade" leagues. I don't understand Commishes and leagues that veto or vote down trades, especially a trade such as the one mentioned above. For example, 4 weeks ago, an owner offered me Ronnie Brown for Caddy. I laughed him off and told him to bring a little more than that. He just threw it at me as a joke, but If I offered Caddy for Brown now, he would probably laugh me off. Someone might trade Chad Johnson for Jimmy Smith because Jimmy has an easier ride the rest of the year, particularly during the playoffs. I would ask for my money back if I were you.

How does the commissioner determine which trades goes thru?

Any criteria?

Can you list previous successful trades in your league. If there was similar trades in the past, then this trade should also be okay!

Team A trades Peyton Manning, Frank Gore, and Michael Clayton to Team B. Team B trades Marvin Harrison, Willie Parker, and Jake Plummer to Team A.

Looks like a 3 for 1 trade. Plummer, Parker & Harrison for Peyton Manning.

Team B is giving up a lot for Manning, this is probably the commssioner's problem. Maybe the trade can go thru again if Team B gives up Terry Glenn instead of Marvin Harrision.

Maybe ask the commissioner what players would be necessary to get Peyton Manning? Maybe none in his eyes.

How does the commissioner determine which trades goes thru?

Any criteria?

Can you list previous successful trades in your league. If there was similar trades in the past, then this trade should also be okay!

Looks like a 3 for 1 trade. Plummer, Parker & Harrison for Peyton Manning.

Team B is giving up a lot for Manning, this is probably the commssioner's problem. Maybe the trade can go thru again if Team B gives up Terry Glenn instead of Marvin Harrision.

Maybe ask the commissioner what players would be necessary to get Peyton Manning? Maybe none in his eyes.

Don't ask the commish anything except for your money back.

fair trade!

trades such as this should be definatley allowed!

Thanks for all the feedback everybody - I am actually Team B and both I and the Team A owner continued to press our points with the commissioner. He finally came around and agreed just because he thought it was a bad trade for Team A, it was a fair enough trade that nothing sketchy is going on and approved the trade. Also, we did a league vote and it was inconclusive (some people did not vote, some were undecided).

Anyway, I got Manning and no longer need to ride the Jake Plummer roller coaster each week (although with the Colts on bye this week I have to choose between McClown and Gar-she-a).

Good luck to all in Week 8

Thanks for all the feedback everybody - I am actually Team B and both I and the Team A owner continued to press our points with the commissioner. He finally came around and agreed just because he thought it was a bad trade for Team A, it was a fair enough trade that nothing sketchy is going on and approved the trade. Also, we did a league vote and it was inconclusive (some people did not vote, some were undecided).

Anyway, I got Manning and no longer need to ride the Jake Plummer roller coaster each week (although with the Colts on bye this week I have to choose between McClown and Gar-she-a).

Me thinks you got screwed. Good luck with that.

WORST VETO EVAH

why do people even veto trades at all?

only blantantly obvious collusion has a reason to change any transaction

Thanks for all the feedback everybody - I am actually Team B and both I and the Team A owner continued to press our points with the commissioner.  He finally came around and agreed just because he thought it was a bad trade for Team A, it was a fair enough trade that nothing sketchy is going on and approved the trade.  Also, we did a league vote and it was inconclusive (some people did not vote, some were undecided).

Me thinks you got screwed. Good luck with that.

I agree it could end up screwing me, but I figure at 3 -4 I might as well take a gamble. Plummer is too erratic, so I am hoping for some consistent QB production from Manning - nothing like last year, but better than Plummer has given me. Losing Harrison is offset by the fact that I get the guy throwing to him. I don't like losing Willie Parker, but sometimes you gotta give up at one position to gain in another.

Thanks for the feedback.

I think if there are any questions about a trade, all members of the league should have an opinion on the trade, a commish should not be allowed that type of power. :banana: