Sign in to follow this  
xenophobe

Haven't seen any Detroit games

I haven't seen any Detroit games this year, and there is only so much you can tell by looking at stats. I noticed Mike Williams had a pretty good game in Garcia's first behind center. Can anyone who has cought any games comment on the potential there?

Thanks.

The "potential" is there for him to be a superstar in this league. He has all the talent you can put into one man. At the combine, they questioned his speed because his 40 times were in the 4.65 neighborhood. I can tell you this, he plays much faster than that! He has been getting great separation from the db's. If he builds a rapport with Garcia, watch out.

One thing is for certain, he won't get jammed at the line. He's too big and strong for that. That makes him a great jump ball candidate in the endzone.

I'm taking a flyer on him.

Mike Williams is all about his size advantage. In honesty, I don't see him beating most CB's with great speed now or in the future but just like Michael Irvin, he'll manhandle you all over the field. He's going to get plenty of oppurtunity to get his share this year with the receivers dropping by the wayside and he'll be better in the future for it. Just temper your enthusiasm.

He'll be pretty inconsistent so I'd only want him as a #4 WR bye week/injury replacement.

he simply dwarfs cbs when he's out there. he really stands out. that said, i don't like his overall value this year...he's still shaking the rust off after being out of football a year--and he's a rookie. i like him a lot in keeper and dynasty leagues, though.

could become quite the security blanket for a qb.

I live here in MI, and I'm forced to watch the Lions. (Sunday Ticket in '06!)

Anyway, from what I've seen, all the Lions WRs are dogs. They don't run every route like they are getting the ball. They don't play with any sort of fire. Roy Williams especially, he doesn't go after the ball like it's his.

Mike Williams has looked very unexplosive. Rust from a year off, or his injuries, he doesn't look like he is scaring anyone. His 49yard catch and run (it was a skinny post) last week wasn't impressive, and he lacked the speed to take it the distance. The one deep ball i saw thrown, he jogged half the route. The pass ended up being uncatchable, but still..

Maybe it's the total inability for the lions QBs to throw an accurate deep pass, but I have seen nothing to make me believe any of these guys are going to be superstars. Williams and Rodgers haven't been durable, and they need to realize that Illinois, San Diego State, and TCU aren't on the schedule anymore, and that this is the NFL. They can't show up and get an automatic 5-100-2.

But all that said, with a new QB, offensive philosphy and some hard work, these guys could develp into a solid group.