Sign in to follow this  
Da Bomb

top 5 WRs you want from here on out

ok, we all know the numbers. steve smith and santana moss are 1 and 2, and guys like TO and CJ are up in the top 5 right now.

but the first half of the season is in the books. if you were starting again now, or looking to trade for a top guy, who are the top 5 WRs you would want the rest of the season?

take into account injuries, momentum, schedule, anything else you would normally consider.

Andre Johnson, Ashley Lelie, Lee Evans, Tyrone Calico and Reggie Williams...

Oh, wait, that was my roster...so what the hell do I know?!

1. Steve Smith :mad:

2. T.O

3. Driver :mad:

4. Chad Johnson

5. Moss Santana

Starting from week 8 - 17 ..... I would put D jackson on here if he were HEALTHY

1. Santana Moss

2. T.O.

3. Terry Glenn

4. Randy Moss

5. Larry Fitzgerald

1 T. Owens

2 C. Johnson

3 R. Moss

4 P. Burress

5 S. Moss

IMO - S. Smith won't continue putting up the numbers he has, I could be wrong because Muhammad put up some big numbers last year, but I am not convinced. S. Moss will continue to be good, but not as good.

1. Chad Johnson

2. Steve Smith

3. Terrell Owens

4. Randy Moss

5. Santana Moss

6. Plaxico Burress

7. Torry Holt

8. Larry Fitzgerald

9. Donald Driver

10. Anquan Boldin

1. Santana Moss

2. T.O.

3. Terry Glenn

4. Randy Moss

5. Larry Fitzgerald

You have either got to be a Cowboys fan or have Glenn on your roster. Either way it makes your #3 selection invalid. No way T. Glenn or Fitzgerald out perform Chad Johnson the rest of the way.

1 T. Owens

2 C. Johnson

3 R. Moss

4 P. Burress

5 S. Moss

IMO - S. Smith won't continue putting up the numbers he has, I could be wrong because Muhammad put up some big numbers last year, but I am not convinced. S. Moss will continue to be good, but not as good.

But Burress will be #4....?

You have either got to be a Cowboys fan or have Glenn on your roster. Either way it makes your #3 selection invalid. No way T. Glenn or Fitzgerald out perform Chad Johnson the rest of the way.

uh, neither. Glenn is #8 in my league in scoring and has a really WR-friendly schedule coming up. CJ has been on fire but Cincy has a brutal schedule against WRs the 2nd half of the season (toughest schedule vs. WRs in the nfl)

1 T. Owens

2 C. Johnson

3 R. Moss

4 P. Burress

5 S. Moss

IMO - S. Smith won't continue putting up the numbers he has, I could be wrong because Muhammad put up some big numbers last year, but I am not convinced.  S. Moss will continue to be good, but not as good.

But Burress will be #4....?

I've got T.O., Chad, and Burress in one league... I'm hoping he's right. :cheers:

1 T. Owens

2 C. Johnson

3 R. Moss

4 P. Burress

5 S. Moss

What on earth makes you say that? Smith is a stud and is the focal point of their passing game, like Moose was last year...only Smith is better. His runa fter the catch skills are second to none and he also has shown he can beat the double-teams. Delhomme goes to him in the clutch, and the guy also leads all WRs in TDs.

It's funny how people still don't give Steve Smith respect, and they give no reasoning for thinking that he "won't keep it up". :cry:

Andre Johnson, Ashley Lelie, Lee Evans, Tyrone Calico and Reggie Williams...

Oh, wait, that was my roster...so what the hell do I know?!

That was funny. :cry:

1. Steve Smith

2. Randy Moss

3. Santana Moss

4. Anquan Boldin

5. Jimmy Smith (Jags schedule is in another of my posts. Soft)

6. Chad Johnson

7. Terry Glenn

8. TO (Unless McNabb heals himself)

9. Burleson (he is healthy and they are going to make a run)

10. Tim Dwight (Had to get a white guy on here some how and bennett is hurt)

I am shocked no one has mentioned Jimmy Smith. Have you looked at his schedule starting with the Rams this weekend?

yeah, he's definitely up there - he could easily come in at #4-#5

who's your crack dealer? I need some.

1. Smith

2. Moss, S.

3. CJ

I'd have to check where CJ ranks in points scored in my league, but I know he's top 5. Smith and Moss are 1 and 2, respectively. It's no coincidence, even if people choose not to believe it.

I am shocked no one has mentioned Jimmy Smith. Have you looked at his schedule starting with the Rams this weekend?

I have and thats why I kept Lefwich as #3 qb behind Brunell and Big Ben. Jags should be airing it out for the next few weeks to come. Finally dumped scrubpepper as well!!!

Your mom would be too easy to say here wouldn't it?

1 T. Owens

2 C. Johnson

3 R. Moss

4 P. Burress

5 S. Moss

IMO - S. Smith won't continue putting up the numbers he has, I could be wrong because Muhammad put up some big numbers last year, but I am not convinced.  S. Moss will continue to be good, but not as good.

What on earth makes you say that? Smith is a stud and is the focal point of their passing game, like Moose was last year...only Smith is better. His runa fter the catch skills are second to none and he also has shown he can beat the double-teams. Delhomme goes to him in the clutch, and the guy also leads all WRs in TDs.

It's funny how people still don't give Steve Smith respect, and they give no reasoning for thinking that he "won't keep it up". :shocking:

Dude, I said it was just my opinion. I had him last year I like the guy, I just don't think he will continue on this pace. The question isn't who will end up the top 5, it's who do you think will be the top 5 from here on out, and I don't think Smith will be there.

Look the teams on the rest of the Carolina schedula are on average ranked 11th against the pass (10th if you drop Atlanta as the last game of the year - typically not many FF leagues play that week), that is pretty impressive. Weeks 9, 10, 11, 12, 14, 15 he doesn't play a defense that isn't rank 9th or better:

Wk 9 Tampa Bay #7

Wk 10 NYJ #5

Wk 11 Chicago #9

Wk 12 Buffalo #3

Wk 14 Tampa Bay #7

Wk 15 New Orleans #8

His schedule is one of the hardest any WR faces the rest of the way, and I believe IMO that his production will not be top 5 THE REST OF THE WAY.

1. TO

2. Randy Moss

3. Santana Moss

4. Chad Johson

5. Steve Smith

6. Torry Holt

7. Larry Fitz

8. Anquan Boldin

9. Jimmy Smith

10. Donald Driver

11. Burress

12. Glenn

I know Chad has a tough schedule but here are some stats for you guys to look at from last year.

vs. Den 7 catches 149 yds 1td

vs Bal 10 rec 161 yds 2tds

Chad's two best games all year were against the Ravens and the Broncos (two good defenses). Just something to look at.

TO

Holt (you fockers are crazy for not having him in the top 5)

R. Moss

CJohnson

Harrison

Maybe if he was healthy and his quarterback wasnt hurt he would be higher. <_<

i think schedule and fights for divisions/playoffs will dictate this; thus, colts are off my list at qb, hb, and wr acquisitions---they'll definitely sit week17, and maybe 16 (hell, perhaps even 15!).

in no particular order:

owens/smoss/glenn: nfc east will be fight to the end, and nfc south teams will compete for wild card race, so these teams must score for wins and tiebreakers.

ssmith/galloway: see above, but reverse division names

moss/mccardell/gates(te): raiders will fight for playoffs. if they see that train departing, they move to 'plan b'---post great stats, finish strong, and spoil playoff aspirations. keenan and the chargers are 3-4 and believe themselves to be playoff/division winner caliber. they will make a strong run to finish this next half of the season.

sleeper get: roy williams (maybe garcia gets on the same page with TO2 as he did with TO1)

Guest MUGS

S Moss

CJ

TO

Fitz

Holt/R Moss(health)

Keyshawn(td leagues) :thumbsup:

1-S. Smith(Gets ALL the looks)

2-TO(As long as McNabb is in)

3-R. Moss(May take another week or 2, then he goes off)

4-J. Smith(Sweet schedule)

5-Fitz(Az doesn't know HOW to run)

6-Chad(May be low, but the schedule is tough)

7-S. Moss(This ain't last year)

8-H. Ward(With the running game, he'll get his)

9-D. Driver(Favre wants to go out with big numbers)

10-DJax(Love his end of year schedule, when he's healthy)

Edited to add-Holt would be on this list, but there is concern about just how bad his injury is. If healthy, insert him Above Ward.

Your mom would be too easy to say here wouldn't it?

Dude I laughed out loud at this one. These posts are excellent reading material when I get home from work. Keep up the good work!

Oh, and I'm glad to see S. Smith and Burress on many of these lists.

S. Moss will drop off...