Sign in to follow this  
Woble Eth

Andre Johnson / Charles Rogers ?

Any thoughts?

People have seemed to given up here, and there is a bundle of talent there..

Of course, the whole suspension and calf "twinge" aside... :thumbsup:

:thumbsdown:

Come on now. nada??

Opinions are like.... :thumbsup:

Something seems wrong with AJ more than what Houston is letting out.

Rogers isn't hurt, and he should be able to hook up with Garcia on some big plays. Rogers is alot like Lelie though, will disappear often.

I think(hope) that AJ gets his S*** together. Afterall how worse can it get for him and the Texans. Plus the schedual doesnt look that bad. No idea with respect to Rogers, maybe the same scenario.

I think Johnson turns it around even on a crappy team. I am goint to try and buy him low and pray I hit the Lotto. of course my odds of winning are probably the same. :thumbsdown:

Guest Loose Circuits

I think Rogers will come back and possibly be the 3rd wr. Before he got suspended, Mike W. had already been gaining more PT.

I am hoping between Nate, Roy, and Andre Johnson that one of them blows up and another produces as a solid #3 wr in 10 team league. If not I'm all but done...

I have AJ and I have declined many crappy offers for him. He is not worth trading because you will get nothing in return. I think he could potentially be a sleeper (who would have thought that I would be calling AJ a sleeper?) late in the season because I can totally see Houston playing for next year much like the Browns did towards the end of the season last year. Remember some of the numbers Bryant put up last year when the Browns officially tanked the season and were down by 20 halfway through the first quarter of every game? I can see Houston doing the same. This is my only hope to get anything productive out of AJ anyway.

Charles Rogers 2nd half resurgence? Um, doesn't that assume that he had an original surgence at some time during his career.

I'm doubtful on both. Of the two I consider Andre Johnson more likely.

Guest MUGS
Something seems wrong with AJ more than what Houston is letting out

Yeah, it's called being sacked when they don't run or throw to DD

They had a better line lastyear and had way more time to throw.

I don't see it changing this season

Guest Moose Knuckle Ball Four

Andre did an interview today and it did not sound very positive.

Positive for this week or for the season ??

for the season, really

boff

Charles Rogers 2nd half resurgence? Um, doesn't that assume that he had an original surgence at some time during his career.

I'm doubtful on both. Of the two I consider Andre Johnson more likely.

Unless the Browns snuck Birmingham Brother Rice or Purdue on to the schedule, that would be a no for Mr. Rogers. Scotty Vines will probably catch more balls.

Assuming AJ really is healthy, I think he'll have a few 100 yard games down the stretch. Too much talent. You can't convince me the Texans really believe Gaffney is the answer.

for the season, really

boff

Not very posive about the prospects of the Texans turning around the season? Or not vey positive about the the idea of playing again this season?

for the season, really

boff

Not very posive about the prospects of the Texans turning around the season? Or not vey positive about the the idea of playing again this season?

pretty much didnt seem too positive with his condition. was going to try to run today. His tone was gloomy.

thanks...

this just came in

HOUSTON — For Andre Johnson, sitting on the sideline while the Houston Texans go through their worst start in franchise history is almost as painful as the injury that put him there.

Before a strained calf muscle kept Johnson from playing in Houston's loss to Seattle two weeks ago, the third-year receiver had started every game in his NFL career.

He was injured on the first play of winless Houston's game against Tennessee on Oct. 9 and sat out the rest of that game. He failed to catch a pass, which broke a streak of 35 consecutive games. He hasn't played since.

"It's a little bit frustrating," he said. "I'm not used to sitting and watching games. But it's just something I have to deal with right now."

The third pick in the 2003 NFL draft, Johnson played in two straight national championship games in college at Miami. Coming from such a successful program, he's having more trouble than most dealing with the team losing six games in a row.

"The whole losing part is just bothering me," he said. "We just have to keep playing and keep fighting."

Expectations were high for Johnson this season after he became the first Texans offensive player to make the Pro Bowl last year, grabbing 79 receptions for 1,129 yards and six touchdowns.

Coach Dom Capers said he has been encouraged by Johnson's improvement this week and is hopeful that he will return soon. He is listed as questionable for Houston's game against Cleveland on Sunday.

Johnson was able to run in practice on both Wednesday and Thursday, something that he hasn't done since the injury.

"If you're a competitor the most frustrating thing when you have an injury is not being out there for the team," Capers said. "I know he's tired of standing around and ready to get out there and get going. Hopefully we're getting closer and closer toward that."

I have AJ and I have declined many crappy offers for him. He is not worth trading because you will get nothing in return

Me too :thumbsup:

I have him for 2 more years after this season in my Dynasty league

"strained calf" doesn't take 3 weeks to heal. period.

something else is wrong in Houston. i think AJ saw Carr cheating on him before the game 2 weeks ago, and has held himself out just to spite his ex.

"strained calf" doesn't take 3 weeks to heal. period.

something else is wrong in Houston. i think AJ saw Carr cheating on him before the game 2 weeks ago, and has held himself out just to spite his ex.

its the knee now

has rogers ever done anything?

Sure...he's done pot, weed, crack, crank, acid, mushrooms....