Sign in to follow this  
Guest Moose Knuckle Ball Four

Dillon practices THUR

Poole to injured reserve

The Patriots placed cornerback Tyrone Poole on injured reserve today, meaning he's out for the season.

Also, defensive lineman Ty Warren (hip), safety Eugene Wilson (flu) and running back Amos Zereoue (thigh) were added to the Thursday injury report. All are questionable (50-50 chance to play).

* Safety Eugene Wilson wasn’t present for the start of today’s practice, which was open to the media. Others not in attendance included defensive linemen Richard Seymour and Ty Warren; receiver Troy Brown; safety James Sanders; and cornerbacks Randall Gay and Tyrone Poole.

* Receiver Bethel Johnson returned to practice after not being present for the start of Wednesday’s workout. Running back Corey Dillon was also present.

* In the portion of practice opened to the media, there was only stretching and special teams work. Linebacker Tedy Bruschi participated in special teams drills and stretched in the first row with fellow linebacker Mike Vrabel.

* In the locker room earlier in the day, Vrabel was one player drawing a large media crowd. In general, it was a quiet day in terms of media attendance and players speaking with the media.

* Safety Rodney Harrison was in the locker room and said surgery on his injured knee is still 2-3 weeks away.

* Offensive tackle Matt Light was also present, and walked with the aid of one crutch.

Moose. You have a lot of good information. Thanks. I have a question. I'm not trying to be disrespectful or anything but are you really handi-capped or is that just an joke? You seem to have a lot of time to find all of this info and I was just wondering if you are a disabled guy at home keeping himself busy.

are you really handi-capped

in more ways than one

If you really are disabled, really nice work!

The big reds I have been fishing for as of late, would agree.

FOXBORO – The string of humorous ``old man'' lines continued to flow from Corey Dillon's lips. Only yesterday, the Patriots running back, who had boycotted the media for weeks, aside from offering up the occasional wisecrack about his age, chose to open up.

Sitting at his locker, Dillon spoke about his injury, the Pats running game, eclipsing the 10,000-yard career rushing plateau and, yes, his age.

Dillon, who turned 31 Monday, let everyone know how he spent his birthday.

``I took a stroll (with) my walker. My family walked me out in the park. We fed the pigeons,'' he said, pausing for laughter. ``After 10 minutes, they thought that was enough for me, and took me back inside. It was kind of cold. My bones was aching . . . they had to take me back in. So, that was my birthday.''

Dillon's recent attempts at comedy are apparently his way of responding to one local pundit's Week 1 suggestion that he may have hit the age wall, and was no longer the force he once was. Naturally, Dillon claimed he isn't bothered by someone else's opinion of him, although he continues to poke fun at his age. It seems to have become Dillon's personal rallying cry.

``It doesn't matter to me. I know who I am. Other people might not know who I am, and that's fine. As long as I know, it really doesn't matter. There are guys older than me in here. I don't think there's an age policy in this locker room,'' he said. ``For someone to write that, to say what they had to say, that's absurd. That's their own little conclusion about when people turn a certain age.

``Hey, more power to them. Me, I don't take it personal at all. I know I can still play this game. If I couldn't, I wouldn't be here.''

Dillon dressed for the Patriots' last game, Oct. 16 in Denver, but didn't play. He's been nursing an ankle injury suffered against Atlanta, which marked his breakout game of the season.

Listed as questionable for Sunday night's game against the Bills, Dillon wasn't on the field during the first portion of practice yesterday. Did he feel close to returning?

``I'm going to get back as soon as possible. That's what we're looking at,'' Dillon said. ``Hopefully, it's sooner than later.''

With his 106 yards against the Falcons, Dillon became the 18th player in NFL history to surpass 10,000 rushing yards.

``As I look at it, it means, `Hey, son, over the course of the years you played in the NFL, you've been doing some pretty good things.' And that's what it is,'' Dillon said. ``When I first came into the league, people probably thought I wasn't going to make it to my ninth season, so, I mean, just being productive, just sticking in there, fighting in tough situations, it's a good mark. But it's not something I'm going to hang my hat on.''

While the ground game ranks 27th out of 32 teams in the league, Dillon sees improvement.

``We're getting better,'' he said. ``Everyone's doing their job, everyone's working hard, and that's the only assessment I can go with. And I'm going to continue to work hard and try to get better.''

all soap operas aside...what can we infer about dillon? my guess is that he is a 50-50 gamble again this week... :wall:

Guest MUGS
Moose Knuckle Ball Four 

QUOTE (alexpketon @ Oct 27 2005, 02:36 PM)

If you really are disabled, really nice work!

The big reds I have been fishing for as of late, would agree.

Quit making me jealous with all the fishing you do :rolleyes:

alright moose??? whats ur gut feeling on wheather dillon will play this week or not?

I stated in another thread about 85%.

With everything I have seen, read and listened to makes me think he will go.

I am glad I do not own him, though.