Sign in to follow this  
Lions_or_Die

Joe Horn Available

I have Jurevicous on my team, obviously on a bye this week. Do I drop JJ for Horn? I really don't need him except for insurance as we can start 3 WRs and mine are:

TO

CJ

S. Moss

Of course, if I don't need JJ except for insurance isn't there a potential greater upside to picking up Horn for that insurance?

another 4 team league....why would someone drop Horn now when he is getting healthier.

No kidding.. why hold onto him this whole time, now he's coming back and then gets dropped? I need a WR and have to choose between Caldwell and Boerichter because there isn't anything left. That's it next year it's a 4 team league for me! haha

You guys are close - 8 team league. It is much more competitive than the 12-14 team leagues where you have to choose from snot rag and douche bag from the waiver wires.

You guys are close - 8 team league. It is much more competitive than the 12-14 team leagues where you have to choose from snot rag and douche bag from the waiver wires.

Playing a bunch of studs week in and week out is more competitive then actually having to draft well and snag sleepers from the WW before anyone else does? That makes perfect sense!

:ph34r:

I wish I played in a league where players like Horn got dropped and I didn't know if I wanted to pick them up because my WR's were Owens, CJ, and S. Moss. Unfortunately I play in league that doesn't have any 12 year olds or handicapped so I'm stuck with Djax on the bench with Andre Johnson, Michael Clayton, and Deion Branch as my WR's. I'm probably gonna have to drop Jurevicious this week to pick up the only playable WW prospect Az Zahir if Andre doesn't play.

Playing a bunch of studs week in and week out is more competitive then actually having to draft well and snag sleepers from the WW before anyone else does? That makes perfect sense!

I wish I played in a league where players like Horn got dropped and I didn't know if I wanted to pick them up because my WR's were Owens, CJ, and S. Moss. Unfortunately I play in league that doesn't have any 12 year olds or handicapped so I'm stuck with Djax on the bench with Andre Johnson, Michael Clayton, and Deion Branch as my WR's. I'm probably gonna have to drop Jurevicious this week to pick up the only playable WW prospect Az Zahir if Andre doesn't play.

You gotta love when people make these post and always get a response like, I wish I played in a 4 team league. haha.. If you wish that, sign up. haha..

I started playing in 8 team leagues but more to get me the knowledge of how to play. There isn't as much trading going on, no strategy, no WW needed. It got old real quick! But to each there own.

You gotta love when people make these post and always get a response like, I wish I played in a 4 team league. haha.. If you wish that, sign up. haha..

I started playing in 8 team leagues but more to get me the knowledge of how to play. There isn't as much trading going on, no strategy, no WW needed. It got old real quick! But to each there own.

I was being sarcastic chief. Not the sharpest tool in the shed are you?

I would keep JJ b/c he is healthy and you don't really need another wr. Horn may or may not come back soon so you should have a healthy guy on the bench in case one of your studs goes down.

I would keep JJ b/c he is healthy and you don't really need another wr. Horn may or may not come back soon so you should have a healthy guy on the bench in case one of your studs goes down.

Thank you!

And I wish I was playing in a 12 team league where after week 2 I realize that I am totally out of it because I selected Culpepper, Ahman Green, Javon Walker and others during my draft. Yeah, that's fun!!!

At least in an 8 team league every team from top to bottom is competitive throughout the season and can remain competitive. There is much more strategy in a league like this than you think. I picked up Moss from the WW as he was not drafted because as people expected, the Redskins with Ramsey at QB were much like my Lions with Harrington at QB: totally ineffective offense. I traded Stephen Davis and Larry Johnson to get Chad Johnson as the owner who had him was riddled with RB injuries.

It is much more competitive at this level and you have to work it every week as any team can beat any team in this league. Kind of like real football!

This kind of question makes this board look bad. Do you really believe for even a second that the owner who dropped Horn was justified in doing so? You must, because, figuratively, opportunity is practically dropping a piano on your head you you seem to be numb to the situation. In other words, Horn unquestionably is a #1 reciever in fantasy football.