Sign in to follow this  
Guest Moose Knuckle Ball Four

Green leaves after father dies

Guest Moose Knuckle Ball Four

Quarterback Trent Green was absent from Chiefs practice Friday because of what coach ###### Vermeil called “a family situation.”

Two team sources indicated that Green’s absence was due to the death of his father, Jim, who was 58.

Vermeil declined to answer further questions about the situation other than to say that Green would be with the team today when it travels to San Diego for Sunday’s game against the Chargers and that he would be the starting quarterback.

Green asked that nobody make a public comment about his father’s death until after Sunday’s game, the sources indicated. Vermeil apparently made no mention of the death of Green’s father in Friday’s pre-practice meeting because many of Green’s teammates were not yet aware of the situation.

Green’s agent, Jim Steiner, said he would not comment until after Green had spoken publicly on the matter.

The Chiefs surely would hate to be without Green on Sunday for what is now likely to be an emotional division game against the Chargers. Although he is on pace for fewer passing yards and touchdowns this season, Green hasn’t missed a game or a start since joining the Chiefs in 2001, and he’s the engineer of an offense that can still be explosive.

Having lost my father earlier this year at the age of 59, I feel for Trent and his family. When I heard he left practice yesterday I was afraid it was an injury, now I wish it were. :lol:

That being said, Trent go out and throw for 350 and 4 scores for your father! :headbanger:

You Rock Dad :lol:

Feel for Green, that sucks.

I think he'll show up and play well, people grieve differently. Leonard Little, I believe hasn't even come back yet.

Thoughts and prayers

Green asked that nobody make a public comment about his father’s death until after Sunday’s game, the sources indicated.

And yet the "sources" go and let it out anyway. :thumbsdown:

Guest Karim Abdul-Jabbar
Green asked that nobody make a public comment about his father’s death until after Sunday’s game, the sources indicated.

And yet the "sources" go and let it out anyway. :thumbsdown:

yeah, idiots.