Sign in to follow this  
Guest MUGS

T.O.

Guest MUGS
Owens does believe the Eagles' offense is struggling because he doesn't get the ball enough, primarily on long passes. Owens is tied for the NFL lead in receptions, but he's averaging 13.8 yards per catch (nearly a yard below his career average).

"For this team to be where it needs to be, I need to get the ball," Owens said. "The proof is in the pudding -- when he gets the ball, he makes plays. It's no secret. I don't see what's negative about saying I need the ball in my hands to make plays to help the team win.

"But I'm at peace with myself. There's no reason to get frustrated when I know the obvious. All I can do is take advantage of the balls that come my way."

One of the hosts asked if Owens was referring to Donovan McNabb's injury as the reason why he isn't getting the ball enough.

"There's nothing I can do about that," Owens said.

Owens is, indeed, putting his house in Moorestown up for sale. It is almost certainly Owens' clearest possible sign that he's not coming back and doesn't particularly want to. Asked why he's selling, Owens said: "Because I want to, and it's mine."

Then one of the hosts asked if it meant Owens would not return to the Eagles next year. And, well, here we go.

"No comment," Owens said.

Owens could have said he wants to come back, or hopes he'll come back. But he didn't, because he probably doesn't. No comment? Whew. Narrow escape, that.

Link

It sounds more and more that he will be gone, who takes him and has cap space?