Sign in to follow this  
sperri40

pittman/caddy

anyone have an idea about what the rb situation might be in tb tomorrow? is caddy hurt? does it matter...will pittman still see extensive action?

i figure they're playing the niners and going with an inexperienced qb, so there will be a lot of running...especially in the second half.

Caddy/Pittman owner myself and I have been keeping an eye on this as best I can. Caddy has been practicing all week, but I think that Pittman will be the guy this week because why would Gruden waste Caddy against the 49ers? Give Caddy more time to heal as much as is possible at this point. New QB in the offense going against a terrible pass D as well, so I think Pittman would help, not only with his experience as a pass blocker, but as a nice passing option coming out of the backfield. I know this does not help, but just my thoughts on how the situation might unfold. I am going with Pittman. Edge is on a bye week and I lost Deuce Mac already. Are you in a PPR league? Mine is, and it does help make my decision to go with Pittman a little easier.

Caddy 15 carries 60 yards

Pittman 10 carries 40 yards 5 rec. 1 TD

Allstott 5 carries 15 yards 1 TD

I've got both. Does anyone think it's a decent idea to start them both? I know there was that one game when Pittman had 96 yrds receiving and Caddy started. Any chance they can both play and be used significantly? I have KJones going up against Chicago and I'm thinking Pittman off the bench might be a better play.

I'm starting both Pittman and Caddy. I'm thinking even if Caddy plays well which I think he will, Gruden will limit him in the second half. Especially of the score is 21-3 at the half. Then in the second, Pittman will do a ton of damage.

My prediction:

Caddy 12 carries 85 and 1 td

Pttman 15 carries 90 yds 40 receiving and 2 tds

I've got both. Does anyone think it's a decent idea to start them both? I know there was that one game when Pittman had 96 yrds receiving and Caddy started. Any chance they can both play and be used significantly? I have KJones going up against Chicago and I'm thinking Pittman off the bench might be a better play.

I might start both. I am starting Simms as well. Bulger is hurt and Hasselbeck is on a bye, so I thought the 49ers crappy D made Simms the better choice between Dilfer and Gus off the WW for this week. Edge is on a bye and my other RB's are Perry and Greg Jones who I just picked up. Not sure what I am going to do at this point. I think I will wait until the last moment to make my decision.