Sign in to follow this  
GiantsRule

**Major trade announcement**

Never thought I would make a trade like this after holding onto one of the players for over three and a half years and desparately trying to acquire the other player. But this deal was too sweet to pass up, especially as we move past the midpoint of the season:

Carolina Cartel will give

Bledsoe, Drew DAL QB

Barber, Tiki NYG RB

Jacobs, Brandon NYG RB

To Flintstones Chewable Morphine for

Culpepper, Daunte MIN QB

Johnson, Larry KCC RB

Browns, Cleveland CLE Def

Not sure if my team is still strong enough with Tiki/T. Jones/Bell/Anderson to compete with Shooter, Panthers, or Seattle, but now that I won't be stubbornly playing Daunte and his 2-8 points each week, I should remain competitive.

Great deal for the future of the Cartel. Daunte will be back and LJ is going to be a statistical demon if not next season then certainly by 2007.

Pretty straight forward, helps GR immediately in his push for a repeat title and I am obviously building for next year.

Just hope Cpepp recovers sooner than later and the Vikes get their sh!t together in the offseason.

Pretty straight forward, helps GR immediately in his push for a repeat title and I am obviously building for next year. 

Just hope Cpepp recovers sooner than later and the Vikes get their sh!t together in the offseason.

I like your end of the deal. Pepp and the Vikings WILL get better next season. I get the feeling his knee injury, while severe, might not be one that would end the season of a player on a team with the playoffs in the future. Pure speculation on my part, but it might be an extra precaution keeping your franchise out of what will amount to meaningless games the rest of the season.

LJ>Barber/Jacobs

Cleveland is crap, dunno why they're in this deal but to each his own.

I like your end of the deal. Pepp and the Vikings WILL get better next season. I get the feeling his knee injury, while severe, might not be one that would end the season of a player on a team with the playoffs in the future. Pure speculation on my part, but it might be an extra precaution keeping your franchise out of what will amount to meaningless games the rest of the season.

LJ>Barber/Jacobs

Didn't C=Pepp tear all 3 ligaments in his knee ala Willis McGahee??? THat is not an injury you just bounce back from, and definatly not one that you be able to be back from if your team was in the hunt. I like the deal for both sides, but it's LJ that is nice for CA, not C-Pepp. IMO, at this point, he has the samevale in this leage as a Bledsoe. I don't think he will ever be an elite QB again. But he;s worth the game for CA considering he was kinda just a throw in.

LJ>Barber/Jacobs

Didn't C=Pepp tear all 3 ligaments in his knee ala Willis McGahee??? THat is not an injury you just bounce back from, and definatly not one that you be able to be back from if your team was in the hunt. I like the deal for both sides, but it's LJ that is nice for CA, not C-Pepp. IMO, at this point, he has the samevale in this leage as a Bledsoe. I don't think he will ever be an elite QB again. But he;s worth the game for CA considering he was kinda just a throw in.

Damn I didn't hear that but looked it up and you are correct. However, this injury might not affect a qb (even a running one like him) as much as a rb. A rb needs 1-2 years to come back fully if we use the Willis model. IF the organization can rebuild around him, Pepp could again be affective as a passer while his legs get back underneath him. Long term investment with potential short term returns.

And Cleveland is still crap...just thought I'd throw that in there. :huh:

Really like this trade for the Cartel. I'm surprised GR gave up LJ, even though Tiki was part of the deal. Does make GR a probable shoe in to win the division, not that that's a big accomplishment :lol: B)

Really like this trade for the Cartel. I'm surprised GR gave up LJ, even though Tiki was part of the deal. Does make GR a probable shoe in to win the division, not that that's a big accomplishment  :unsure:  :D

Hardly. Our division isn't as bad as the records look. You're .500 in miraculous fashion (miraculous because your depth came almost exclusively from waiver wire pickups, trades, and anything you drafted after the 9th round). Carolina's team is still solid despite the recent housecleaning. I've had a nice stretch that's part good timing (Tatum Bell & Mike Anderson both staying productive), a good schedule (playing sub .500 teams and catching others on bye weeks), and a lot of luck (facing Tuna the one week where LT2 has his worst performance in his career). I've been impressed by my team's ability to compete without the services of an even decent QB. We'll see what happens when Big Ben returns and/or Bledsoe gets some nice matchups at home.

Giving up LJ was very hard. I chased niner (Seattle Stars) down for him for a long time before we finally made the big Portis for LJ/Bell/2nd round trade. I knew his potential and still think he'll be a Top 5 back when Priest retires. But my team is starting to surge and Tiki is the undisputed starter and is putting up numbers similar to last year (which is quieting the naysayers). I also think that his lack of production in his early years (1997-1999) will help extend his career beyond the typical "30 year old back" threshold. This means I expect to have him starting for the Giants (and FCM) through at least 2007.

Hopefully by then, I can add another :lol: to the mantle and we can start playing for some real money...like a whopping $100 instead of $50! :mad:

I'll take my miraculous .500 record comment as a compliment :rolleyes: I don't think it was a bad trade for you, just a very good trade for the Cartel, if that makes any sense. I've talked trade with him many many times and I know what he's trying to do and this trade fits perfectly with that strategy. LJ would have been very hard for me to give up though.

<I like to downplay our division so others will take us lightly :sleep: I agree that we're stronger than most thought we would be at the beginning of the season>

I'll take my miraculous .500 record comment as a compliment :lol: I don't think it was a bad trade for you, just a very good trade for the Cartel, if that makes any sense. I've talked trade with him many many times and I know what he's trying to do and this trade fits perfectly with that strategy. LJ would have been very hard for me to give up though.

<I like to downplay our division so others will take us lightly :banana: I agree that we're stronger than most thought we would be at the beginning of the season>

Believe me, the comment was meant as a huge compliment. As you know, prior to the draft, I thought you were absolutely insane by trading away all of your draft picks in the first 8 rounds after putting together a lineup through the supplemental draft. I didn't think you had a shot at any players of real value (outside of kickers and defenses) and thought some of your trades just made you even weaker (dealing Peyton for McNair and then Bledsoe as one example; and yes, I'm aware of the irony of me dealing my "franchise QB" for Bledsoe just a few days ago).

But somehow, you made it work and even had a share of the division a few weeks ago. We all thought Kevin Curtis would be a solid #3, but he's approaching Top 20 numbers. Your follow-up trades have been magnificent including the one that landed you McNabb, which destroyed me the week you made the trade just prior to lineups being due! And even though I feel you gave up far too much for Jamal Lewis today, we've seen how overblown early picks in a draft can be (Keary Colbert and Marshall Faulk as my first picks in the '05 draft is a prime example) so it may pay off if Jamal moves to another team in free agency.

But you're right, our division sucks and anybody that gets to play anyone in it during the playoffs can consider it a virtual bye! ;)

I think I overpayed for Lewis too, but getting a runningback in this league is extremely difficult. He just turned 26 so I'm hoping a full offseason will put him back on the right path. He looked much better Monday night so that convinced me to pull the trigger. The Cartel wouldn't take any less for him and we've been hammering at this for weeks. I was hoping one of the two first rounders would be a top 3 pick but it didn't look like that's going to happen. I needed another keeper and I felt the risk of Jamal was worth losing two Isaac Bruce/ Jimmy Smith types, who I'd probably end selecting with the two first round picks. Still have 6 picks in the first 5 rounds so we'll see. High risk, no doubt, it's more a play for next year.