***trade***

Misfits get:

Jamal Lewis

Cartel gets:

Misfit Toys 1st round pick 2006, team is currently 4-4

and

Cardiac Attacks 1st round pick 2006, team is currently 4-4

As posted in another thread:

I think I overpayed for Lewis, but getting a runningback in this league is extremely difficult. He just turned 26 so I'm hoping a full offseason will put him back on the right path. He looked much better Monday night so that convinced me to pull the trigger. The Cartel wouldn't take any less for him and we've been hammering at this for weeks. I was hoping one of the two first rounders would be a top 3 pick but it didn't look like that's going to happen. I needed another keeper and I felt the risk of Jamal was worth losing two Isaac Bruce/ Jimmy Smith types, who I'd probably end selecting with the two first round picks. Still have 6 picks in the first 5 rounds so we'll see. High risk, no doubt, it's more a play for next year.

Two first rounders is overpaying this season depending on who you nab in next season's draft.

As I've been preaching all off season, there's no way an elite NFL rb can rehab and train in prison. And we're seeing it play out this season. If he had a qb he might be a bit better. Next season he will be back to form so your investment is solid.

As I told you, that is a solid risk/reward. Picks are not worth as much with all the keepers in this league vs other leagues. The 2 mid 1st's are in all likey hood going to be 3rd tier WR's. So you trade 2 3rd tier WR's for the potential for a Stud back, great gamble! You'll see more next from this one then this year, but still a good deal.

Was definitely on the fence with this one but feel like I have more than enough existing players that could pan out to be keepers for 06 and Jamal had the 2nd most trade value on my team. I think most know I am not afraid to take gambles and the two firsts could be OK, really good or so-so. Sorry Norm and DD but I will be rooting against you....

I was also starting to feel like Jamal is very overrated because of his career year in 2003. He has never topped 7 TDs or 1400 rushing yds outside of 2003, 1400 yards is no slouch but the TDs hurt for a "stud RB".