Sign in to follow this  
fricker66

Defending the Alexander trade

Here is what it will come down to -- two years from now, compare the following players, and we will be able to evaluate this trade:

Shaun Alexander + Tatum Bell

v.

Kevin Jones + Larry Fitzgerald + Justin Fargas

Here is what it will come down to -- two years from now, compare the following players, and we will be able to evaluate this trade:

v.

Alexander is easily the best player in this deal and who's to say that Tatum Bell won't be better than Kevin Jones... so in my eyes, the trade is Alexander for a 4th string RB and a rookie WR.

Alexander is easily the best player in this deal and who's to say that Tatum Bell won't be better than Kevin Jones... so in my eyes, the trade is Alexander for a 4th string RB and a rookie WR.

You can't say that now. If I am to take heat for the trade, it can only be after the 2005 season.

You can't say that now. If I am to take heat for the trade, it can only be after the 2005 season.

but who wants to win in 2005 when you can win in 2004

or 2003 :thumbsdown:

He's not going to win in 2004 though, you all forget I'm in this league :thumbsdown:

He's not going to win in 2004 though, you all forget I'm in this league :thumbsdown:

I am searching to create a dynasty, not a one-year wonder. I am well on my way, fockers! Fear Ron Dayne! Fear him! :ph34r:

Guest dolfan02

Okay. Galt, per fricker, please delete all posts and threads purporting to analyze this year's draft.

Okay. Galt, per fricker, please delete all posts and threads purporting to analyze this year's draft.

I really think it's a bit foolish to try to analyze drafts of rookie players until it's two years down the road. This is a bit different from analyzing a re-draft league.

I'm all for doing foolish things, so I participated by throwing up my rankings.

no need to defend, its all up to the owner. If thats what you're looking for, then you shouldn't need to defend the trade.

In CHIMI, I took a decent amount of heat for some trades I made (mainly to JGalt), but I knew I needed to start collecting young talent.

Oh yeah, thanks for Shaun Alexander! :D B)

I really don't think it's that bad of a trade after the fraft. Fricker has a potential annual Pro Bowl calibre WR and a great RB. It's not like Bell is assured the Denver job.

no need to defend, its all up to the owner. If thats what you're looking for, then you shouldn't need to defend the trade.

In CHIMI, I took a decent amount of heat for some trades I made (mainly to JGalt), but I knew I needed to start collecting young talent.

I guess I felt compelled to defend it since Galt dropped my draft down to #12 in his rankings solely on the basis of the Alexander trade.

no need to defend, its all up to the owner.  If thats what you're looking for, then you shouldn't need to defend the trade.

I guess I felt compelled to defend it since Galt dropped my draft down to #12 in his rankings solely on the basis of the Alexander trade.

Just my opinion. Prove me wrong and I'll congradulate you for it.

Oh yeah, thanks for Shaun Alexander! :lol: :thumbsup:

Did Burress & 3.12 & Branch for Foster & 2.08 & Lelie really make you younger? Burress is the oldest of that group. Admit that you just had a woody for him last off season, moreso than an aim to get younger.

no need to defend, its all up to the owner.  If thats what you're looking for, then you shouldn't need to defend the trade.

Oh yeah, thanks for Shaun Alexander!  :D  <_<

Did Burress & 3.12 & Branch for Foster & 2.08 & Lelie really make you younger? Burress is the oldest of that group. Admit that you just had a woody for him last off season, moreso than an aim to get younger.

that trade was to get better - I had Burress ranked as my #4 WR last year. :blink: Its not like Plax is old anyway - I think he's only 25 or 26.

The trades I were referring to were the Stephen Davis for Krob deal and the Couch/Holcomb for 3.01 (Grossman) deal. A took some flak for both of those, but I felt I needed a fresh start with those guys. :thumbsup:

WORST_TRADE_EVAH :mellow:

wurstist_post_evah!!

:ph34r:

v.

A year later and it is not looking good.

Alexander - still the top of his game and top 5 overall FF player

Bell - looks like the starter this year, though I dont blame you for shying away from Denver RBs

vs

Kevin Jones - future looks bright. 2nd round pick in most FF drafts this year

Larry Fitz - mediocre after year 1. This year will tell the tale as Ari should have a decent offence.

Fargas - dog meat

ok, helppme out here because I don't remember getting Tatum Bell in this trade.

I thought the trade was Alexander for Huggy Bear Jr and 1.01

:wub:

I have been drinking.

but sinec we're chiming in..,

Bell + Alexnader > KJones + Fitz

But! Not nearly as lopsided as I thought when I made the trade. KJones is a top 4 dynasty pick this year.

ok, helppme out here because I don't remember getting Tatum Bell in this trade. 

I thought the trade was Alexander for Huggy Bear Jr and 1.01

:(

I have been drinking.

Fricker is saying that if he didn't grab Jones at 1.01, he would have felt it necessary to grab a RB at 1.04 (rather than Fitz). Since JJ, KJ, and SJ were gone at 1.04, that RB would have been Bell. So, the trade allowed him to grab Fitz rather than Bell and hence the different 1.04 pick effect as listed above.

WORST_TRADE_EVAH :lol:

Worst trade ever was Priest Holmes & Issac Bruce for Kelly Holcomb, Duce Staley and first round pick (which was Eric Shelton).

Trade looks a little better today:

Alexander -- 73 total yards, no TDs

Bell -- 60 total yards, no TDs

K Jones - 96 total yards, no TDs

Fitzgerald -- 13 catches, 155 yards, 1 TD. :shocking:

how many years are we going to do this for? :wub:

---

btw, don't skew the trade! Fargas and 1.01 for Alexander. Also I think Fitz is a stud.

Fitzgerald -- 13 catches, 155 yards, 1 TD. :lol:

;) That's solid analysis. :wub: Pick one week and if it looks good then it was a brilliant trade. :banana: Based on that sort of analysis, Da Bomb ought to trade Chad Johnson to Walter for Keyshawn Johnson. :banana:

Fitzgerald -- 13 catches, 155 yards, 1 TD. :o

:rolleyes: That's solid analysis. :headbanger: Pick one week and if it looks good then it was a brilliant trade. :cry: Based on that sort of analysis, Da Bomb ought to trade Chad Johnson to Walter for Keyshawn Johnson. ;)

Actually, I have Keyshawn. But I'll certainly accomodate Da Bomb's needs if he wishes to unfurl CJ.

Fitzgerald -- 13 catches, 155 yards, 1 TD. :o

;) That's solid analysis. :rolleyes: Pick one week and if it looks good then it was a brilliant trade. :bandana: Based on that sort of analysis, Da Bomb ought to trade Chad Johnson to Walter for Keyshawn Johnson. :rolleyes:

Sorry I am not an actuary. :rolleyes: I certainly don't consider 1 week to be an all-encompassing...just having some fun...which is what I thought this was all about. ;)

Fitzgerald -- 13 catches, 155 yards, 1 TD. :wall:

:banana: That's solid analysis. :o Pick one week and if it looks good then it was a brilliant trade. :o Based on that sort of analysis, Da Bomb ought to trade Chad Johnson to Walter for Keyshawn Johnson. :banana:

Sorry I am not an actuary. :wall: I certainly don't consider 1 week to be an all-encompassing...just having some fun...which is what I thought this was all about. ;)

YOU WERE WRONG!!@#@@@!#

YOU WERE WRONG!!@#@@@!#

I'm also boring and stupid. :blink:

Generally boring and occasionally stupid. :ph34r:

I have nothing to add.

Defending the Alexander trade... week 6

I've decided to add McGahee into the equation too, since I would've been forced to to take a RB at 2.01 had I not had Alexander... I ended up taking Reggie Williams, then traded him for Lee Suggs, then traded him for Willis McGahee. Thus, I'm counting him.

Alexander + McGahee = 251.2 points

or

KJones + Fitzgerald = 119.2

:thumbsup:

Defending the Alexander trade... week 6

I've decided to add McGahee into the equation too, since I would've been forced to to take a RB at 2.01 had I not had Alexander... I ended up taking Reggie Williams, then traded him for Lee Suggs, then traded him for Willis McGahee. Thus, I'm counting him.

Alexander + McGahee = 251.2 points

or

KJones + Fitzgerald = 119.2

;)

See my post above this post. :thumbsup: