Sign in to follow this  
bigmarc27

Playoff Picture...

with a few weeks left to go, the playoffs are taking a little bit of shape...

East Division: It's looking like Wilzones going to lay an egg against Ted's Tards. Under that assumption, Wilzone and Galt are tied at the top of the division with 7-3 records. Toss-up at this point.

West Division: After this weeks games, it's looking like Ted's Tards are now tied with O for first place. I looked back and saw that Ted currently holds the tie breaker since he beat O in the first matchup. His points are pretty far behind though, so he'll need to win their last game.

E/W Wildcard: Probably the non-division winner of Wilzone/Galt. If Grandphaoo can get 2 points tonite out of his 2 guys, he'll keep pace only a game back. With his divisional games coming up, a win over either Galt or Wilzone could be enough to jump him into a wild card spot.

--

North Division: If Julius Jones can get Rodney ~16 or so points tonite, he's all but sewn up the North Division title. It'll be tough for anyone else to overtake him.

South Division: It seems AUKid has this one wrapped up as well. His win this week moves him to 8-2 with the best record in the league.

N/S Wildcard: Seems to be a race between Bernie and myself with Dan having an outside chance at it. If JJones beats Bernie tonite, I'll have a 2 game lead on both Bernie and Dan. If Bernie holds off Rodney tonite, our matchup coming up will likely decide this wildcard.

I think all of that is correct.

I've only got an 11 point lead with his Keyshawn against my Jason.

Also, g'hoo is two games back right now. So he's got :cry: for Keyshawn and <_< for Jason.

N/S Wildcard: Seems to be a race between Bernie and myself with Dan having an outside chance at it. If JJones beats Bernie tonite, I'll have a 2 game lead on both Bernie and Dan. If Bernie holds off Rodney tonite, our matchup coming up will likely decide this wildcard.

This is very shocking to me.

If I'm still in this, your teams must really suck :thumbsup:

Also, g'hoo is two games back right now. So he's got :( for Keyshawn and :wall: for Jason.

I'm thinking 80 yds and a TD ought to do it!

focking focker and your 100+ points when I finally score 100+  :mad:

Also, g'hoo is two games back right now.  So he's got :sleep: for Keyshawn and :sleep: for Jason.

I'm thinking 80 yds and a TD ought to do it!

focking focker and your 100+ points when I finally score 100+  :mad:

You're thinking that Witten will be held under thirty-one yards?

I'd add about twenty more to that and then you'd have confidence.

North: Rurbaniak is up two games with two to play. He plays against the other two and either one win for him or losses against the other opponent for both of them (they play wilzone & g'hoo) and he's in without resorting to tiebreakers.

South: AUKid has not only clinched the division, he has clinched the week 14 bye.

Wildcard: Mongo just needs one win or a Bernie loss to clinch this. If there's a tie, Bernie would need to outscore Mongo by over 60 per week to gain the tiebreaker advantage.

------------------------------------------------------

West: Orgazmo leads by a game over Ted. They play next week, then O plays AUKid so next week seems kinda important. The best Torrid can hope for is a three way tie at 6-7 (resulting in all three 2-2 in the h2h) - if so, then I assume Ted gets eliminated for points scored and then O's 2-0 versus Bunster eliminates him.

East: G'hoo's 6-1 streak has tightened things up (as has wilzone's 0-3 streak). jgalt leads leads wilzone by a game right now, and they play next week. The winner prolly gets the division and the bye week. (If jgalt loses, then he needs a win plus a wilzone loss in week 13 to still get the division. If wilzone loses, then he's two games back with one to play.)

Wildcard: Either the wilzone-jgalt loser or g'hoo - but g'hoo'll need to at least win out.

Well, I hate scoring what I did and losing, but I guess it'll be aight. Bernie has to beat me and outscore me by like 120 points right?

rurb has clinched the North.

aukid has clinched the South.

jgalt has clinched the East.

it's ted now tied with org for the West. ted has the tiebreaker clinched and so org wins it only if he beats aukid and tofro beats ted.

bernie trails mongo by a game and they play next week. bernie only gets the wildcard if he beats mongo by about 125 points.

wilz and g'hoo are tied for the other wildcard. they tied 1-1 head-to-head, so points scored are the relevant tiebreaker and wilz leads that by about 95 points. so the only real way for g'hoo to get in is to beat me and have wilz lose to danz.

Also, the East is the only division with more than one team with a winning record, and we have three of the four. G'hoo and wilzone have both clinched winning records and yet one of them won't get to go to the playoffs. Queue the g'hoo whining.

One more also: two divisions have the lowest scoring team leading the division. No, grandpahoo, you're not in one of those two.

wilz and g'hoo are tied for the other wildcard. they tied 1-1 head-to-head, so points scored are the relevant tiebreaker and wilz leads that by about 95 points. so the only real way for g'hoo to get in is to beat me and have wilz lose to danz.

This could be a real kick in the nuts for grandpahoo since my team is so focking horrendous right now that it doesn't deserve to be in the playoffs. He could conceivably go on a 8-1 streak to end the year and still miss the playoffs.

What would be even funnier is if my slumping team turns it around and makes a run to the championship, making my 2006 first round pick 1.11 or 1.12 instead of 1.07 or 1.08. (Of course, even then it's steal for Terry Focking Glenn. :cheers: Unless Terry Glenn is the reason I get to the championship! ;) )

Good: I'm in the playoffs.

Bad: I'm probably going to choke again.

Good: I won the Bulger-Burress-crap for McNabb-Davis-crap trade.

Bad: With the Bulger and Leftwich injuries, I now have no QB to speak of.

Good: LT.

I have qbs out the ass. Want one?

I have seen your email. Currently considering, not just ignoring you.

I have seen your email. Currently considering, not just ignoring you.

Sounds good, let me know.

NS

AU gets bye

rodney vs ted

EW

jgalt get bye

hoo vs wilzone

I think this is right?!?!?

Yeah, I think something is wrong here. whoisjgalt should have the answers... :clap:

Ted is in the W, not the NS

Should be...

NS - AUKid (bye), Rodney vs. bigmarc27

EW - JGalt (bye), Wilzone vs. Ted

Focked - Grandpahoo

I looked at 2003 as a reference point when 4 teams from the NS made it.

I think we use the 4 division winners and then next best two regardless of conference.

I have a meeting in 10 minutes so I'll look closer afterwards.

First comment:

Yep, it's mongo vs rodney with the winner playing aukid next week

and it's wilzone vs g'ted with the winner playing jgalt next week

one wildcard per conference, so g'hoo gets screwed despite having a better record than half of the playoff teams and despite having beaten five of them

I looked at 2003 as a reference point when 4 teams from the NS made it.

We changed it after that year (the one year where the North division actually benefitted from that). I see that the thread where that got decided was bumped.

Perhaps we ought to have the Chimi rules documented somewhere? I know there's a page at thedanzone, but it hasn't been updated for a couple years.

Also:

Playoff teams are locked out of trading now. Do a search on trade deadline and you'll find one where danzone states that the trade deadline is week 13 for the playoff teams until they get eliminated from the playoffs. Non-playoff teams can trade among themselves.

Also:

Playoff teams are locked out of trading now. Do a search on trade deadline and you'll find one where danzone states that the trade deadline is week 13 for the playoff teams until they get eliminated from the playoffs. Non-playoff teams can trade among themselves.

Well, I guess that screws me trading for Favre.

Go Charlie Frye! (I am a frafting genius!)

Also:

Playoff teams are locked out of trading now.  Do a search on trade deadline and you'll find one where danzone states that the trade deadline is week 13 for the playoff teams until they get eliminated from the playoffs.  Non-playoff teams can trade among themselves.

Well, I guess that screws me trading for Favre.

Go Charlie Frye! (I am a frafting genius!)

I'm starting either Tuiasosopo or Mike McMahon, so don't get too upset. Rodney got a great draw in his playoff bracket.