Sign in to follow this  
football fan

Trade Completed

Football Fan trades:

His 1st & 11th round vet picks along with his 1.03 rookie pick

For:

Devil Doc's:

2nd & 5th round vet picks along with his 1.05 rookie pick

Seems like football fan may have given up a lot but with a late first round pick i wont question it. Approved by me ;)

Seems like football fan may have given up alot.

I was thinking the same thing, that sixth round pick would really need to come through for him. I'm surprised he agreed to swap firsts in the rookie draft, looks like a good deal for Dev Doc.

BTW, I think this one still needs to be posted in the trade thread.

BTW, I think this one still needs to be posted in the trade thread.

done...also guys check out the draft tracker on rts to make sure it looks correct!

Actually I got to admit you guys are right I made a mistake I didn't get enough in return, but I don't feel absolutely terrible about it because like Adam, I believe there are good players in the early/middle rounds. I definitely do feel used & lied to, and that I am a victim of lying by Devil Doc. He definitely pulled a fast one (but it is my fault for being dumb enough for believing some of it). Devil Doc told me that Adam had offered a similar offer as mine, (but he had the 1.4 pick vs my 1.10 pick). Devil Doc isn't honest & he'll use anybody he can. When I got home from work this afternoon & checked our league forums, I was shocked by Adam's trade results, it wasn't anything near what Devil Doc said (I knew that he was lying then, I earlier had suspected it, but couldn't prove it). I am not going to hate the guy, nor do I repay evil for evil, but I will share the turth when I believe it must be shared, and that sharing it will help the league, because if lying is tolerated then this league will suffer in the long run. All you have to do is look at my & Adam's trade results, & I have Devil's Doc email with the Adam's offer is similar, but he has the fourth pick instead of your 10th pick message. I guess my point is I am exposing a dishonest person. If I have to live with the trade fine, I will (I am not demanding it get overturned because part of it was my fault for believing him), but I know he won't have the opportunties to use other people like he used me. If Devil Doc wants to confront me fine, but I won't waste my time with him because I can produce proof that my story is true, and he would be stupid to challenge it. If some owners pull dishonest fast ones on other owners, what do you think are the chances that this league will be enjoyable to be in. Just my $.02.

Well, I wasn't expecting that.... :)

The trade isn't really that bad, and you actually got a 5th rounder instead of a 6th like I had thought which makes it better. The only thing that surprised me is that you gave up an 11th rounder and swapped the rookie picks to make it happen. A 2 and a 5 for the 1.10 could be considered fair by many people, it all depends on your rankings, I was just surprised with the other things inluded.

As for the dishonest part, that's why I usually don't let a potential offer somebody else has made effect what I'm willing to give up in a trade. I set my own value, hear what the other person thinks and see if we can work something out. What somebody else might be offering usually shouldn't effect what your willing to give up. JMO

Good luck with draft. :thumbsdown:

Actually I got to admit you guys are right I made a mistake I didn't get enough in return, but I don't feel absolutely terrible about it because like Adam, I believe there are good players in the early/middle rounds. I definitely do feel used & lied to, and that I am a victim of lying by Devil Doc. He definitely pulled a fast one (but it is my fault for being dumb enough for believing some of it). Devil Doc told me that Adam had offered a similar offer as mine, (but he had the 1.4 pick vs my 1.10 pick). Devil Doc isn't  honest & he'll use anybody he can. When I got home from work this afternoon & checked our league forums, I was shocked by Adam's trade results, it wasn't anything near what Devil Doc said (I knew that he was lying then, I earlier had suspected it, but couldn't prove it). I am not going to hate the guy, nor do I repay evil for evil, but I will share the turth when I believe it must be shared, and that sharing it will help the league, because if lying is tolerated then this league will suffer in the long run. All you have to do is look at my & Adam's trade results, & I have Devil's Doc email with the Adam's offer is similar, but he has the fourth pick instead of your 10th pick message. I guess my point is I am exposing a dishonest person. If I have to live with the trade fine, I will (I am not demanding it get overturned because part of it was my fault for believing him), but I know he won't have the opportunties to use other people like he used me. If Devil Doc wants to confront me fine, but I won't waste my time with him because I can produce proof that my story is true, and he would be stupid to challenge it. If some owners pull dishonest fast ones on other owners, what do you think are the chances that this league will be enjoyable to be in. Just my $.02.

that is some funny stuff. You dont think people in(lets say the NFL draft) dont make up stuff before a deal goes down. Its part of the game. If you didnt want to make the deal, you wouldnt have regardless of what Doc said. As long as people pay their money and keep up, it doesnt matter what they do, to me anyway.

But thats just my 2 cents.

ETA: I dont run my team that way, but to each his own

Actually I got to admit you guys are right I made a mistake I didn't get enough in return, but I don't feel absolutely terrible about it because like Adam, I believe there are good players in the early/middle rounds. I definitely do feel used & lied to, and that I am a victim of lying by Devil Doc. He definitely pulled a fast one (but it is my fault for being dumb enough for believing some of it). Devil Doc told me that Adam had offered a similar offer as mine, (but he had the 1.4 pick vs my 1.10 pick). Devil Doc isn't honest & he'll use anybody he can. When I got home from work this afternoon & checked our league forums, I was shocked by Adam's trade results, it wasn't anything near what Devil Doc said (I knew that he was lying then, I earlier had suspected it, but couldn't prove it). I am not going to hate the guy, nor do I repay evil for evil, but I will share the turth when I believe it must be shared, and that sharing it will help the league, because if lying is tolerated then this league will suffer in the long run. All you have to do is look at my & Adam's trade results, & I have Devil's Doc email with the Adam's offer is similar, but he has the fourth pick instead of your 10th pick message. I guess my point is I am exposing a dishonest person. If I have to live with the trade fine, I will (I am not demanding it get overturned because part of it was my fault for believing him), but I know he won't have the opportunties to use other people like he used me. If Devil Doc wants to confront me fine, but I won't waste my time with him because I can produce proof that my story is true, and he would be stupid to challenge it. If some owners pull dishonest fast ones on other owners, what do you think are the chances that this league will be enjoyable to be in. Just my $.02.

:thumbsdown: I'm confused. This post is too long for me to begin to comprehend.

All I got out of it is Devil Doc lied about something, but it is your fault for being dumb enough to believe it?

All I am doing is exposing a person who uses dirty tactics, that is all I am doing. I am not demanding any type of action or recall of this trade, I never wanted that. If people cheat & lie to people in real life, they can also be exposed in real life. That all I was doing here. Just thought people wanted to know. Now I can enjoy this league because I just this off my chest, and if anyone has a problem with me speaking the turth, too bad. Sorry if I buried everyone in facts & detail.

Let me get this straight, he said our offers were similar? They did basically have a lot of similarites, except i asked for a lot more because my pick was really high, i can see why he would say that and i can also see why you would think he was 'lieing' however as hoos first said its a tactic that is commonly employed...I'm not saying that i am in favor of blatantly lieing to someone but there are times when it could be useful to 'bend' information to get a deal...it happens all the time in pro sports.

thats my 2 cents but hopefully we can maybe learn from this, and either way just move on

Lesson to be learned: If you get what you want shut the heck up and don't complain after the fact. Set your own standards and just go by them.

Sign in to follow this