Sign in to follow this  
merv

Jiggy?Throwing a game ?

Hmmm, looks like Jiggy did his best to throw his game this week maybe hoping for the #1 pick next season :thumbsup: Look at the players on his bench and tell me you don't think he did...

Eli Manning

Edgerrin James

Terry Glenn

His 3 TOP point scorers on the bench. Even looking at matchups this does not make sense.

Maybe there is a good explanation for this, but I can not stand throwing games for ANY reason.

:lol:

Yeah i noticed this yesterday. He has three players in the top 25 in scoring and they are all benched. There is no reason to bench Eli, Edge, and Driver/Glenn for Davis, Dilfer, and Gabriel. He will more than likley lose this game, and due to that it will cause the #1 pick that i got from Theyhateme to go from the #2 to the #4 which is huge!!! I am not happy about this at all, not only for me but all of us put our money into this league and to have something like this to happen is unacceptable! Jiggy has been a very inactive part of this league and I dont think he is even on FFToday. We all deserve an explanation of his actions in this even thou i dont think that there is a credible one. I'm just very upset that this happened, I honestly have no clue what to do or say about this. Except even with LJ puttin up 39 points i still lost my damn game so he doesnt get the #1 because be beat me earlier this season.

Just to make a point, I understand playing matchups and have no problem with that at all trust me ive been doing it with my crappy recievers all season. But to start Trent "I'm not starting" Dilfer instead of Eli or Brad Johnson, and bench Edgerrin "#5 scoring player" James for Davis, and Driver/Glenn for Doug "I'm a #4 WR" Gabriel, and Bench Alge Crumpler for Donald "WHO???" Lee. Every one of us have players that we bench that score more than the players we start every week but atleast 3 of the 4 should have been started. If you really think that Davis is going to do good then you start Davis and Edge. OK I'm done ranting, I want to hear what everyone else has to say on this. OK one more thing, I think that Jiggy MUST get on FFToday and be active on this board! Oak doesnt post often but atleast we know he is on and reads the board.

I agree with the statements so far...

the unfortunate part is that we dont have anything in the rules to prevent this.. :doublethumbsup:

and we always say that we do not want to change rules midseason...

so we have two options...

leave it as it is..

or

bring it up to vote in the league and settle on a solution. and the vote will have to get at least 8 votes to pass. *since we cant count jiggy as a voter*.

what do the rest of you think?

I think this should be a league decision.... I am sorry, but by loodkign at the lineups.. i cant see how he was playing the matchups....

At the VERY least, we need to amend the rules for next season that states something to the affect of "You may not throw a game for any reason. If it is believed that it was your intention to do so, and you can not explain your actions, believably, to a commissioner, whatever....there will be consequences. (to be decided on by league input and vote.)"

I would like to hear jiggys explanation. In my mind it was a totally panzy @ss move. I don't care if it was for 1st pick or 5th...You NEVER throw a game.

I vote to edit his lineup.

:bandana:

At the VERY least, we need to amend the rules for next season that states something to the affect of "You may not throw a game for any reason. If it is believed that it was your intention to do so, and you can not explain your actions, believably, to a commissioner, whatever....there will be consequences. (to be decided on by league input and vote.)"

I would like to hear jiggys explanation. In my mind it was a totally panzy @ss move. I don't care if it was for 1st pick or 5th...You NEVER throw a game.

I vote to edit his lineup.

:wall:

This isn't fantasy basketball. Didn't the NBA change their rules because of teams losing to get the #1 pick?? I know its not in the rules but talk about compromising the intregity of a league. This has to be at the very top of everyones list. I'd love to hear jiggy's side. Has anyone re-added points to see if it would ever matter? Editing a line-up is a big step... i cant believe we even have to think about something like this. WoW, what a shame!!!

Davis, Gabriel, and Lee totaled 9.70 points. Edge, had 19.9, Glenn had 38.4, crumpler had 12.4, bruce had 11.6, driver had 7.2. he lost by 12.2 points 63.2 to 51.0 so by starting edge who should never be benched and any one of the others over lee/gabriel he would have won.

I sent him an email sunday afternoon about this but heard nothing back yet, Slash said he talked to him and tried to make sense of it. I think Slash should put in here what was said so everyone can hear Jiggys side of the story. Like i said before atleast two of those players NEVER get benched.