Sign in to follow this  
skins1967

Replacing Nameplates On Authentic Jerseys...

Anyone know where I can get this done ? I hate spending $200 - $300 on a jersey only to have the player LEAVE my favorite team ! :first:

Anyone know where I can get this done ? I hate spending $200 - $300 on a jersey only to have the player LEAVE my favorite team ! :first:

I don't get it... you want to replace the name on the jersey you bought? What do you replce it with, the schlub that took his number the next season? That sounds kinda lame...

I don't get it... you want to replace the name on the jersey you bought? What do you replce it with, the schlub that took his number the next season? That sounds kinda lame...

I was thinking maybe replacing it with my own last name or some type of nickname.

I was thinking maybe replacing it with my own last name or some type of nickname.

I think you should just keep it as is. As long as the player was good for your team while there, there is no shame in wearing it.

if the player sucked or was a PITA, that's a different story, like all the people that bought Eagles Owens jerseys or Jets Johnson jerseys.

I have a Thornton jersey from his rookie year when he sported a 6 instead of 19. I hope it will be worth something someday.

Or you could take a wife-beater T-shirt, and print some letters on the back of it with a black Sharpie magic marker. Liberally add gravy and blood stains on the front on the shirt.

Never needs to be washed. The ultimate in fashion plate wear. I own a dozen.

Assuming it's good quality and the letters are stitched on, how about taking it to a tailor? Or there is a little tool you can buy that will cut the thread stitches and you can remove the letters yourself.

If it's heat transfered on, you're SOL I would think.

there is a little tool you can buy that will cut the thread stitches and you can remove the letters yourself.

i didn't know Gutter was pimpimg himself out in the fashion industry now. Very interesting.

i didn't know Gutter was pimpimg himself out in the fashion industry now. Very interesting.

:ninja:

Anyone know where I can get this done ? I hate spending $200 - $300 on a jersey only to have the player LEAVE my favorite team ! :mad:

Would that be Arrington?