Sign in to follow this  
The Moz

How Do You Like Your Steak ?

Folks who like their steak well done would be better off eating beef jerky - it's cheaper and you can pick it up at any convenient store. :lol:

Instead of cooking it medium rare, why don't you drive out to a farm, and bite a grazing cow in the ass. Just have to pay for gas, and watch out for a farmer with a tranquilizer gun and a fetish for men he captures trespassing.

Instead of cooking it medium rare, why don't you drive out to a farm, and bite a grazing cow in the ass. Just have to pay for gas, and watch out for a farmer with a tranquilizer gun and a fetish for men he captures trespassing.

Better yet, you could just bite into your own upper arm and lap the blood as it streams down to your elbow and onto the floor.

Never be without a good steak. Anywhere, anytime.

Better yet, you could just bite into your own upper arm and lap the blood as it streams down to your elbow and onto the floor.

Never be without a good steak. Anywhere, anytime.

I am not going to bite my arm. That's disgusting; I don't know where I have been. :D

I would suggest this for rare, but not medium rare. Medium rare is just perfect (imo) - it cooks the outside, it softens up the tissue and seals in the juices. :D

Now, I like a sushi-grade tuna steak rare.

Beef steak should be thoroughly cooked. But I'm not reall picky--no matter what, it's still steak. By the way, doesn't "well done" really say it all?

And, yes, there is a difference between medium well/well done at a Sizzlers vs medium/well done at at a gourmet steak place like Murray's in Minneapolis.

By the way, doesn't "well done" really say it all?

At this point, the steak taste no different than a hamburger patty.

I would suggest this for rare, but not medium rare. Medium rare is just perfect (imo) - it cooks the outside, it softens up the tissue and seals in the juices. :D

You could slice the ass off a grazing cow for rare. You could let that meat sit out in the hot sun for a couple of hours for medium rare. And it will be full of thriving diseases and intact growth hormones just like the real deal. You could wash it down with some bottled bacteria water, and you become a walking, talking petri dish. Congrats.

Now, I like a sushi-grade tuna steak rare.

Beef steak should be thoroughly cooked. But I'm not reall picky--no matter what, it's still steak. By the way, doesn't "well done" really say it all?

And, yes, there is a difference between medium well/well done at a Sizzlers vs medium/well done at at a gourmet steak place like Mancini's's in St. Paul.

Fixed.

Guest Mr.T
I can't stand people who insult the way I like my steak simply because it doesn't fit their ideal. I find medium to be disgusting but I realize to them it tastes delicious. Why can they not recognize that to me well done is full of flavor? There are different ways to cook a steak to well done-you can toss it on the grill for a few minutes and nuke it or you can take an agonizing amount of time slowly roasting it. The slow cook is well worth it-amazing flavor in every bite.

Thank goodness none of this has been going on.

You could slice the ass off a grazing cow for rare. You could let that meat sit out in the hot sun for a couple of hours for medium rare. And it will be full of thriving diseases and intact growth hormones just like the real deal. You could wash it down with some bottled bacteria water, and you become a walking, talking petri dish. Congrats.

1. Medium rare temp = 145 degrees.

2. Cook food to the appropriate temperature (145°F for roasts, steaks, and chops of beef, veal, and lamb; 160°F for pork, ground veal, and ground beef; 165°F for ground poultry; and 180°F for whole poultry). Use a thermometer to be sure! Foods are properly cooked only when they are heated long enough and at a high enough temperature to kill the harmful bacteria that cause illness.

3. HTH! :first:

And, yes, there is a difference between medium well/well done at a Sizzlers vs medium/well done at at a gourmet steak place like Murray's in Minneapolis.

waiting to hear what the difference is ? :doublethumbsup:

you order well done in a great steak place you deserve to have the waiter spit in your focking soup !

waiting to hear what the difference is ? :doublethumbsup:

About 40 bucks a plate. :dunno:

About 40 bucks a plate. :doublethumbsup:

:dunno:

winnah

you just labled the one and really only difference !

145 degrees. Pfft. You call that cooking?

Jep.

Now, if you just don't like the taste - that's one thing. But you can clearly see the bacteria issue doesn't exists - 145 degrees is enough to kill them off. :doublethumbsup:

Jep.

Now, if you just don't like the taste - that's one thing. But you can clearly see the bacteria issue doesn't exists - 145 degrees is enough to kill them off. :doublethumbsup:

Lies. All lies.

Besides, my Foreman Grill doesn't come with a temperature gauge. But I can guarantee you that my steak gets up to 3,000 degrees before it's ready.

A steak ain't edible until it's been given last rites and been properly cremated, in other words, COOKED..

A steak ain't edible until it's been given last rites and been properly cremated, in other words, COOKED..

That's not steak, that's jerky. :doublethumbsup:

That's not steak, that's jerky. :dunno:

slim Jim - 99 cents ! saves you 39 dollars at a elite steak place ! happy to help

:doublethumbsup:

slim Jim - 99 cents ! saves you 39 dollars at a elite steak place ! happy to help

:doublethumbsup:

Elite steak place? Pfffffttttt. If a steak costs more than 5 bucks at the supermarket, no matter how many lbs. it is, I'm not buying it. They think they can rip me off. Well they better think again. And by "they", I mean the Amish weasel farmers. Think they can take over the world..where was I? Oh, yeah. I ain't paying no stinking dollar for a turnip.

:shakesfist: :dunno: :banana:

Elite steak place? Pfffffttttt. If a steak costs more than 5 bucks at the supermarket, no matter how many lbs. it is, I'm not buying it. They think they can rip me off. Well they better think again. And by "they", I mean the Amish weasel farmers. Think they can take over the world..where was I? Oh, yeah. I ain't paying no stinking dollar for a turnip.

:shakesfist: :doublethumbsup: :dunno:

:reported:

:shakesfist: :banana: :mad:

If i paid 5 bucks for a steak I would be sure to cook ir well done ! :dunno: :doublethumbsup:

If i paid 5 bucks for a steak I would be sure to cook ir well done ! :blink: :ninja:

Welcome, grasshoppa, you have seen the light. Well done, or medium well, is the kick ass.

Or, he could not eat steak at all and he'd still be a walking, talking petri dish. :ninja: