Sign in to follow this  
RicemanX

Matisyahu

Anyone like this guy?

I'll admit I got into the music after seeing the video on MTV, but his live album and his new one "youth" really blows by mind.

Oh, and how the hell do you pronounce his name?

I heard it was something like Ma-tees-za-u

I've read good things, but I don't seem to like what I have heard. I have his album on order from the library, so after I hear more maybe I'll have a different opinion.

The single that is getting the airplay is alright. Nothing spectacular.

My current guilty pleasure is Morningwood. Picked up the album for 6 bucks at Best Buy. I like the current single "Nth Degree", and the album surprisingly isn't bad.

To add to the confusion his name sounds japanese to me. I was thinking of seeing him this past weekend since he was in Austin but had a change of plan.

Saw him in concert (with Pigeon Joe, who was AWESOME!) and have his CD (live at Stubb's). Good stuff.

Also, his name is "Matthew" in Hebrew... "Mat-tis-YAH-hu"

Saw him in concert (with Pigeon Joe, who was AWESOME!) and have his CD (live at Stubb's). Good stuff.

Also, his name is "Matthew" in Hebrew... "Mat-tis-YAH-hu"

Ahh lucky! I saw pigeon john with living legends, he was great, a lot of energy

Guest Mr.T
If you haven't already, check out Damian Marley.

I have checked him out. His stuff anyway. Not sure what to make of it but I don't think I like it.

i like him too. he says his name can be pronounced mah-tis-yow or mah-tis-yah-hoo.

he refuses to shake hands with women, I haven't decide if i like him or hate him for that

Guest Mr.T
he refuses to shake hands with women, I haven't decide if i like him or hate him for that

I didn't know that. I gotta say, I find that admirable. That is of course assuming he isn't one of those homicidal homos and he actually likes women. To have so many ladies and still stay true? :thumbsup:

Note to Christian music people: Listen to this guy. He sings about his religion and beliefs but it isn't crap.

Orthodox Jewish people don't touch people of the opp. sex, unless it's an emergency... Matisyahu is an orthodox Jewish man (which plays a major part in why he's been so successfull- he's good, but the novelty/marketing/Jewish conspiracy have been huge).

He "raps" alright for a white Jew, but he's no Beastie Boy. The music is meh, IMO.