Sign in to follow this  
-jb-

Wide Receiver Keyshawn Johnson Released

Let the TO to Dallas rumors fly.

http://cowboys.scout.com/2/508645.html

In a move that had been speculated by TheRanchReport.com for the last two months, the Dallas Cowboys will release wide receiver Keyshawn Johnson Tuesday.

By cutting ties with the former No. 1 overall pick in the draft, Dallas avoided paying him a $1 million roster bonus.

The move also opens the door even more for a possible run at Terrell Owens, who was released earlier today by the Philadelphia Eagles.

Johnson, 33, caught 71 passes for 839 yards and six touchdowns last year in Dallas. Those numbers were remarkably similar to what he did in 2004 (70 catches, 981 yards, six TDs) with one notable exception: he caught 15 passes of 20-yards-plus in 2004, and just seven last year.

Before his release, Johnson reportedly wanted a one-year contract extension with the Cowboys. He was scheduled to make $1.5 million this upcoming season.

Guest stevejohnson

Good! I have always hated that over-rated jerk! I hope he is forced to play for the veteran minimum or retire!

Per Sirius. Will post link ASAP.

Let the TO to Dallas rumors fly.

I hope not. His TD dance on the Dallas midfield star wouldn't be so funny if he did it in a Cowboy Uniform.

KJ was actually a great player for us. He was a leader in the locker room, he behaved, he worked hard and he produced in his role. I'm going to be very sad to see him leave - but his leaving moves the TO signing up to 75% probability.

Yet another reason why the signing of Bradford was so dumb for the Lions. Sign a legit veteran pressence and good locker room guy in Keyshawn (to bring along the young WR's and contribute on the field at the same time) for a little more and don't waste it on a no talent clown like Bradford.

Yet another reason why the signing of Bradford was so dumb for the Lions. Sign a legit veteran pressence and good locker room guy in Keyshawn (to bring along the young WR's and contribute on the field at the same time) for a little more and don't waste it on a no talent clown like Bradford.

My thoughts exactly. When I read Keyshawn was released, I thought, "I'd rather have Keyshawn than Bradford. Ugh."

I would be shocked if Terrell Owens doesn't end up in Dallas now. Jerry Jones is not going to take all of this free agent activity in Washington lying down.

Me-Shawn to Carolina?? As much of an a**hole as he is, I think he would look good opposite Steve Smith.

He was actually pretty well behaved in Big-D.

Me-Shawn to Carolina?? As much of an a**hole as he is, I think he would look good opposite Steve Smith.

I'm a Larry David fan. Good moniker.

The first thing I think of when I think of Keyshawn is "That how he get his catches. That how he get his catches..." Right before Harrison rips 'em for about 150 yards. That was priceless. :blink:

That said, there are worse WRs out there to be had.

Glenn and Crayton as the Boys starting WR's? I think not.

Owens is coming to Dallas. Mike Irvin must be thrilled.

If Owens comes to Dallas as is expected I will move Glenn up a few places on my draft board. With Owens getting the attention there, Glenn could be the sleeper for the season.

I think Keyshawn is finally maturing and would make a great addition to a number of teams, including the Pats.

I think Keyshawn is finally maturing and would make a great addition to a number of teams, including the Pats.

I agree. Call me crazy but as a Skins fan, I would have taken Keyshawn over Lloyd or Randel El. He is exactly what the Skins were missing, and a great compliment for Moss. Over the short run of course.

Guest stevejohnson
I agree. Call me crazy but as a Skins fan, I would have taken Keyshawn over Lloyd or Randel El. He is exactly what the Skins were missing, and a great compliment for Moss. Over the short run of course.

That is exactly what I said yesterday but the Skins fans had a fit! It makes NO SENSE for the Skins to bust their cap signing clones of people they already have. They needed a big, possession WR and instead over paid for Randle El and brought in B. Lloyd?

That is exactly what I said yesterday but the Skins fans had a fit! It makes NO SENSE for the Skins to bust their cap signing clones of people they already have. They needed a big, possession WR and instead over paid for Randle El and brought in B. Lloyd?

I personally was never all that impressed with Keyshawn. And if Gibbs and Saunders like Lloyd and Randle El then who am I to disagree?? Dont forget, all these signings are not Snyder's picks, all the decisions are ultimately made by Gibbs and Co. Of course maybe Gibbs didnt know that Keyshawn would be available and I guess that is one downfall of making all these moves as soon as they did. I would have to agree that Keyshawn would be a good fit in Carolina though. It would be great if the cowboys were unable to sign TO and lost Keyshawn.

If Owens comes to Dallas as is expected I will move Glenn up a few places on my draft board. With Owens getting the attention there, Glenn could be the sleeper for the season.

Why? Wherever TO's been he's gotten the attention and who opposite him has flourished?

Why? Wherever TO's been he's gotten the attention and who opposite him has flourished?

Took the words right out of my mouth. Nobody in Philly or SF excelled opposite of TO so I don't see why Glenn would. If anything this will open up more running room for whoever is running the ball in Dallas next year. That being said I still don't think i'd touch a back from Dallas in this years FF draft (definitely not if it is JJ again).