1. Ace-The suck

2. Pickler-Forgetable

3. Elliot-Average

4. Mandisa-Pretty good

5. Bucky-Best to that point

6. Mellisa-Better than expected

7. Lisa-Very good

8. Kevin-go home

9. Kathrine-Wow. If she keeps it up, she could win this. Didn't really like her before.

10. Taylor-Will be succesfull, regardless of competition

11. Paris-Holy fock, she's good. Incredible control

12. Chris-Rock on, dude!!!!!!

[gay]

1. Ace-The suck

2. Pickler-Forgetable

3. Elliot-Average

4. Mandisa-Pretty good

7. Lisa-Very good

8. Kevin-go home

9. Kathrine-Wow. If she keeps it up, she could win this. Didn't really like her before.

[gay]

I think Taylor is a good singer...if this was the 1950's he'd succeed. Unfortunately, it isn't and he won't.

Nobody will sell albums like Chris will. If he doesn't win, it's a travesty. He is so heads and shoulders above the rest, they should stop the show now, and start a new show.

Their have been two great singers/performers to come from American Idol. Kelly Clarkson and Chris Daughtry, with Carrie Underwood getting an honorable mention.

Obviously the judges have never heard the chili peppers version of Higher Ground because that's exactly what the last guy did. (Not as fast, of course)

They all thought he made it his own... :D

I haven't watched it prior to this but I'm a huge Stevie fan...

Second to last girl (All I do) was excellent :first: . Girl who sang Lately couldn't remember the lyrics. :P Still better than that Hanson-looking guy.

I liked the girl who sang "Don't you worry about a thing" but she is probably much to fat to win American idol.

it's wide open. That little wormy guy will probably win in the end. :clap:

ETA: I'm gay :clap:

Also, the blow job they keep giving to chicken little every week is getting old.

Guest RenoZ

About two or three weeks ago, I made a $100 bet with a buddy of mine. He took Chris and I took "the field."

I hate the bet more and more every week.

1. Ace-The suck

2. Pickler-Forgetable

3. Elliot-Average

4. Mandisa-Pretty good

7. Lisa-Very good

8. Kevin-go home

[gay]

Even though this is word for word what you posted at FBG, I feel the need to comment.

1-4) I missed these singers. I have no comment exceptthat from the short clips they showed at the end of the show, your analyses seem pretty accurate.

5) Bucky... I enjoyed his song...fair to middlin

6) Melissa...BORING...forgot the lyrics...not like Stevie Wonder lyrics are complicated...buh bye...move your go home comment from Kevin to Melissa

7)Lisa...decent...she is usually better...thought she was pretty good at the time she sang, but after the last 4 singers she just wasn't up to snuff.

8)Kevin...say what you will but this geek has song...not as good as the last 4 but I like Kevin...Dude is just enjoying himself and cracking jokes along the way...called himself the sex symbol of the show...classic...He knows he's not going to win but is enjoying the ride...great to see a guy who is confident in himself as a person. He knows he's a geek and plays the hand he was dealt...'nuff said

Now for the last 4. (these should be the final 4 in my humble opinion.

9)Katharine...Nailed that song...could feel the energy of the whole show get turned up a notch...Now somebody learn how to dress her....stole my grandma's curtains to wrap around her while she sings...seriously, that dress made her look like she had no butt...Attn AI fashion designers: Girls are supposed to have curves

10)Taylor...Kept the energy at that higher level...totally the atypical American Idol stereotype loook/act/age...might just pull a Reuben Studdard and win this thing.

11)Paris...Wow Aretha Franklin is contacting Mike Meyers about getting permission to call her mini me...at 16 or 17...she's got pipes

12)Chris...Dude rocks. Plain and simple...class of the competition.

The two that should go home after last night (based purely on vocals) should be Ace and Pickler. Bucky "Cheesymustache" Covington should have been gone long ago, although he did ok last night.

But unfortunately, Ace and Pickler's looks will get them further than they should. On the flip side, Chicken Little has a fairly decent voice but is a complete dork.

Also, I get instant wood when Melissa "T*ts" Magee comes on. I was hoping for a wardrobe malfunction.

Final four should be: Taylor, Chris, Kathrine and Paris

Final four probably will be: Pickler, Chris, Kathrine and Paris

But unfortunately, Ace and Pickler's looks will get them further than they should.

That is part of the competition. This is why I don't see Mandiesel going far. Although, Reuben did win it all. :banana:

Pickler- Adorable. Genuine. Anyone who thinks she is "faking" the whole country bumpkin-thing is dead wrong. She's been the same since her first audition. Not quite the singer that McPhee, Tucker, or Mandisa are, but she'll go far on personality and looks.

Doughtry- Very good singer, but very little range. One trick pony, in my book. Last night was his chance to show some versatilty by doing some Stevie R&B, but he wimped out and had to do a rock tune anyway.

Taylor Hicks- Easily the most entertaining of the bunch. Even though I doubt he wins it all, he could have the best career when all is said and done.

Lisa Tucker- A natural on stage. One of the top three voices in the competeition. For her to last into teh top five, however, she needs to have better song selection. She's not terribly exciting to watch.

Katherine McPhee- The best singer of the bunch, from a technical perspective. Has tremendous range and voice control. Doesn't have the strong pipes that Mandisa has, but she can do more with her voice.

Ace- There are only 2 or 3 people left who are worse singers than him, but he will go farther than he probably should because of his looks.

Hicks vs Paris will be the final. Regardless of what you think about Taylor, he is apparently getting incredible numbers of votes. I have heard somewhere between 1/3 to 1/2 of ALL votes cast. No question that this group is the most talented ever on the show, 5-6 will definately do well after the competition.

Hicks vs Paris will be the final. Regardless of what you think about Taylor, he is apparently getting incredible numbers of votes. I have heard somewhere between 1/3 to 1/2 of ALL votes cast. No question that this group is the most talented ever on the show, 5-6 will definately do well after the competition.

Doesn't surprise me about Taylor. Even when he has an average performance, he gets a long, standing ovation.

I get wood everytime Katharine McPhee comes on my television screen.

Is she the tall one that was wearing a table cloth for a dress last night?

Yep. You could have nailed her on a picnic table, then left her there and had some food.

Doughtry- Very good singer, but very little range. One trick pony, in my book. Last night was his chance to show some versatilty by doing some Stevie R&B, but he wimped out and had to do a rock tune anyway.

Versatility?

Who cares. Who needs it. What's he going to get by showing versatility? That's not what sells albums. Being a great singer in your genre sells albums.

So, Katherin McPhee or Kellie Pickler should be able to sing "My Humps" by Black Eyed Peas, and sound and look good doing it?

I know the last time I bought a CD, I searched under "V" for versatile, rather than by genre or by name. I was going to buy Nickelback's new CD, but I said "Nahh....simply not versatile enough." I was kinda hoping they'd have a rap song as well as a few country songs on there.

Versatility?

Who cares. Who needs it. What's he going to get by showing versatility? That's not what sells albums. Being a great singer in your genre sells albums.

So, Katherin McPhee or Kellie Pickler should be able to sing "My Humps" by Black Eyed Peas, and sound and look good doing it?

I know the last time I bought a CD, I searched under "V" for versatile, rather than by genre or by name. I was going to buy Nickelback's new CD, but I said "Nahh....simply not versatile enough." I was kinda hoping they'd have a rap song as well as a few country songs on there.

I'm not arguing that Doughtry will have a career as a rock singer.

I'm just saying that I was looking forward to seeing if he had anything up his sleeve other than his louyd and soft screaming routine last night. He'll probably have a career as a rock singer when it's all over, but he's certainly not the best singer on the show, and I thought that that was what the purpose of the show.

The crooner guy was goos at Sinatra songs, but that's all he could do. He's gone now. I would like to see Daughtry do something else. Just once.

I'm not arguing that Doughtry will have a career as a rock singer.

I'm just saying that I was looking forward to seeing if he had anything up his sleeve other than his louyd and soft screaming routine last night. He'll probably have a career as a rock singer when it's all over, but he's certainly not the best singer on the show, and I thought that that was what the purpose of the show.

The crooner guy was goos at Sinatra songs, but that's all he could do. He's gone now. I would like to see Daughtry do something else. Just once.

I really don't know what the purpose of the show is. The fans vote. Vote for what? Their favorite? The best? Ya know....the winner of Idol may not sell albums or have a great career. Example Rueben Studdard. People vote for their "favorites", not "who is likely to become the most successful as a singer."

Chris might not win Idol, but I think he will become the most successful of all.

I really don't know what the purpose of the show is. The fans vote. Vote for what? Their favorite? The best? Ya know....the winner of Idol may not sell albums or have a great career. Example Rueben Studdard. People vote for their "favorites", not "who is likely to become the most successful as a singer."

Chris might not win Idol, but I think he will become the most successful of all.

I guess we'll see about that. You could be right.

I, personally, would watch Taylor Hicks for an hour before I'd want to watch Doughtry for ten minutes.

To me, Hicks is unique. He's an entertainer who you can't help but smile at when you're watching.

Singer/screamers like Doughtry are a dime a dozen. Every local bar in every town has guys just like him performing every weekend.

I, personally, would watch Taylor Hicks for an hour before I'd want to watch Doughtry for ten minutes.

To me, Hicks is unique. He's an entertainer who you can't help but smile at when you're watching.

Singer/screamers like Doughtry are a dime a dozen. Every local bar in every town has guys just like him performing every weekend.

If Chris is a "dime a dozen screamer", Taylor is an Elton John style pole smoker. You can't tell me he hasn't gotten his poop pushed in a time or two.

If Chris is a "dime a dozen screamer", Taylor is an Elton John style pole smoker. You can't tell me he hasn't gotten his poop pushed in a time or two.

This is probably why Newbie likes him so much. :banana: The hair probably gives him wood too.

If Chris is a "dime a dozen screamer", Ace is an Elton John style pole smoker. You can't tell me he hasn't gotten his poop pushed in a time or two.

Fixored

I wish this damn show would disappear like a fart in the wind. :banana:

Then what threads would you visit just to complain that you hate the thread topic?

I wish this damn show would disappear like a fart in the wind. :banana:

Don't expect that anytime soon. The guys last week were the number 1 rating. The girls were number 2. The results show number 4. The Sopranos finished 7 behind Desperate Housewifes. :D

Taylor Hicks will be successful the exact same way that Aiken was he will sell records but likley won't ever be main stream.

the people with a chance are

Daughtry - He could be a real star IF he gets a good band behind him.

Pickler - has the star look and sings well enough - has a chance

Lisa Tucker has a great voice and i think could be a pop singer

Paris - too much like Mantasia and will have a similar carrer doinf decent on RB station but not really pop stations

Ace - no where near great - he looks and sounds gay actually ! don't get the facination

katherine - is maybe my favcorite right now - GREAT looking and has a real Norah Jones feel to her as i think she could go either way - the Norah Jones route or the Kelly Clarkson route.

Mandisa - a woman Ruben but with alot better competion than Ruben had.

the other singers sren't good enought o mention

I think as time passes Simon will push for Katherine , Chris , or Lisa to win.. I think it comes down to Chris and Katerine with Katerine winning

Paris actually has the greatest voice of all the singers IMO but her Ghetto attitude will hurt her .. And american idol already has a carbon copy of her in Mantasia. - seriously how could anyone win amercian idol and not be able to fockign read ! :rolleyes:

I have heard somewhere between 1/3 to 1/2 of ALL votes cast.

So someone has access to the vote records and are passing them along to you?

Keep us updated!

Can you give us a hint as to what we can expect tonight?

Don't expect that anytime soon. The guys last week were the number 1 rating. The girls were number 2. The results show number 4. The Sopranos finished 7 behind Desperate Housewifes. :rolleyes:

good info Mr. Nielson :dumbjim:

Fixored

Then what threads would you visit just to complain that you hate the thread topic?

Don't get bent outta shape over it. I'm sure there are others who can't stand it either. It's just my $0.02. That's what this bored is all about last time I looked.

Don't get bent outta shape over it. I'm sure there are others who can't stand it either. It's just my $0.02. That's what this bored is all about last time I looked.

I'm not getting bent out of shape.

I just find it interesting that people who don't watch American Idol would bother to open a thread that is clearly about American Idol.

I don't play poker, but I see dozens of poker threads.

I never once had the inclination to open one and make a post saying how stupid poker is.

I don't think the competition is about best singer (although the judges often make it seem that way), but about the best performer. Every time Chris sings I think, "yeah, I could see him on a big stage doing that." I don't get that from the others, not even close.

Taylor would be second IMO. A little too cheesy for big success but I think he could find his niche.

None of the women really impress me as performers. Katharine has the best chance I suppose. Good looks, good voice. Haven't really seen many of the previous female performances. Had this discussion with the wife yesterday:

Me: Gee, she looks like she can use a bra.

Wife: Yeah, she has huge breasteses.

Me: Well then why doesn't she wear something to show them off better. :pointstosky:

Paris, Kat, Chris and Taylor. Not in that order. Mandisa can sing, but is too big. I'm not saying it's right, but a fat guy is ok, not a fat girl.

Taylor and Chris are the best entertainers. Simon mentioned it to Chris 2x now that he's the only one who would have produced results in the real world w/ his performances.

Kat never really impressed me and I was VERY supprised she made it this far....until last night. She stepped it up and hit a home run. She could very easily be the winner.

Paris has an awesome voice and is in control of how she sings. Very mature. However, she won't win it.

I think Chris, Taylor, Katherine, and Lisa all make it to Indianapolis.

I think UNC, Kansas, Duke, and Nova all make it to Hollywood.

:pointstosky:

Hey newbiejr is this you posting as noob1 ? link

No, it's not.

The only boards I frequent are this one, FBG, and the Danzone. (Plus the Miami Vice board once in a while)

American Idol is the worst show in the history of television. :lol:

Wrong.

That would be Quark with Richard Benjamin.

No that was my grandma's curtains. She stole them. Just like I said in post #7.