Sign in to follow this  
Cdub100

War of the Worlds

I downloaded it a few weeks back and finaly sat down to watch it yesterday. I thought it was pretty good. It followed the book while updating the some of the things.

I hated the ending in the book and that's what they followed in the movie. That was one thing I was hoping they would change.

All in all I give the movie a 5 out of 10. It's average, and I don't plan on watching it again.

War of the Wars,

That's odd, he came out with a War of the World movie too.

That's odd, he came out with a War of the World movie too.

Fixed! Also it was Worlds not World

I thought it was very so-so. A ton of holes on the plot.

I was into it in the beginning, but I thought it got silly in the basement and got worse as the movie went on. The kid waiting for them in Boston was stupid.

I thought it was very so-so. A ton of holes on the plot.

I was into it in the beginning, but I thought it got silly in the basement and got worse as the movie went on. The kid waiting for them in Boston was stupid.

Yeah the kid showing up was really stupid. The basement scene was in the book and I'm kind of glad the put it in there. That was one of my favorite parts in the book although in the book they stayed in the house for about a week.

Tom Cruise decided to protest the DVD release because the movie had too much in common with the Scientology holy writings.

I enjoyed it alot, more than I thought I would. :rolleyes:

Wife an I watched it in the theater -- neither of us read the bookos or saw the original .

We left like WTF?? and seriosuly thought about asking for our money back.

A guy ( POS father ) runs around for a few hours on screen with his daughter and son then while not doing anyhting himself the alieans just collapse and die all of a sudden. Yet miracukously his son is weating for them in Boston espacing certain doom.

truly the worst filmm I have seen in the movies since " Battlefield Earth" Yes I was one of the 10 people that actually paid to see battlefield earth ( my wife still holds that against me :rolleyes: )

Wife an I watched it in the theater -- neither of us read the bookos or saw the original .

We left like WTF?? and seriosuly thought about asking for our money back.

A guy ( POS father ) runs around for a few hours on screen with his daughter and son then while not doing anyhting himself the alieans just collapse and die all of a sudden. Yet miracukously his son is weating for them in Boston espacing certain doom.

truly the worst filmm I have seen in the movies since " Battlefield Earth" Yes I was one of the 10 people that actually paid to see battlefield earth ( my wife still holds that against me :rolleyes: )

You didn't know the movie (plot) was about this beforehand???

As I said the movie follows the book as close as it can while updating some things and that's pretty much the whole book. The guy runs and hides from the Aliens and tries to stay alive all while getting back to his wife. Then the aliens die because for some reason they didn't know about bacteria. The end. That's one of the things I wished they updated. You don't become an advanced species capable of space travel without knowing about bacteria and disease

never read the book or watched any of the earlier movie versions -- went in expecting something like Independance day - I left :rolleyes:

I like movies and stories of humans as a species fighting for survival. I liked this flick. However, If i'm taking my kids for a treck, we're packing up on supplies...water, food, tools, etc. Praps it's my military background. Anyway, I hate it when I see people just getting on the road and walking w/out any type of preperation. Idiots.

I like movies and stories of humans as a species fighting for survival. I liked this flick. However, If i'm taking my kids for a treck, we're packing up on supplies...water, food, tools, etc. Praps it's my military background. Anyway, I hate it when I see people just getting on the road and walking w/out any type of preperation. Idiots.

Well they did pack some stuff up but Tom didn't have any food in the house. Also I think it's implied they got food from some where.