Sign in to follow this  
BRANDON ROSS

Oral Roberts University

I kind of doubt it, but it never hurts to check. I would love to see them upset Memphis. I hope Oral is in the tower! :wacko:

Guest tiki_gods

Oral is a school for dentists right?

Keeping it clean

Eff Oral Roberts and their stupid name

Down by 12 at the half.

:banana:

Oral Roberts?? Great... :wacko: ...we've got another religous zealot on the bored. :doh:

Maybe....maybe not.

Oral Roberts?? Great... :lol: ...we've got another religous zealot on the bored. :cry:

Hey, religous zealots are people too! :P

Can't beat a school founded by a guy who dreamed of a 70 ft Jesus, and held a fundraiser because God was gonna kill him if he didnt raise $6 million dollars. :doublethumbsup:

Can't beat a school founded by a guy who dreamed of a 70 ft Jesus, and held a fundraiser because God was gonna kill him if he didnt raise $6 million dollars. :cry:

And then gave him an extension... :doublethumbsup:

Oral Roberts?? Great... :thumbsup: ...we've got another religous zealot on the bored. :huh:

You know, they just allowed girls to wear pants and shoes with open toes :banana: Im a TU fan for life

i once knew a guy (haven't been in touch with him for a few years now) that played b-ball for oral roberts probably circa late 70s/early 80s.

I wouldn't go around admitting I went to ORU. Not a lot of people respect that place.

Still, man, you gotta tell us about that place. Are there even real science professors there or are there thologians teaching creation studies? What do you think of your founder going on TV begging for money or (what was it killing himself?, I forget now.)

Can you disagree with them and not get expelled? Can you look at girls?

I wouldn't go around admitting I went to ORU. Not a lot of people respect that place.

Still, man, you gotta tell us about that place. Are there even real science professors there or are there thologians teaching creation studies? What do you think of your founder going on TV begging for money or (what was it killing himself?, I forget now.)

Can you disagree with them and not get expelled? Can you look at girls?

Well, in certain circles it's pretty well respected (as if I cared about people respecting me because of where I went to school.). I was studying Business, and the Dean was Dr. Eugene Swearingen former Dean of Oklahoma State Univ's School of Business, former President of Tulsa University, Former President of the Bank of Oklahoma, and a heck of a nice guy. He was also a very influential and life-long democrat.

I only took 2 science classes: Chemisty and Physical Science. I can't remember them being to preachy about creationism, but I'm sure in came up in Physical Science.

I think it is a shame that Oral's concern for the sick in third world nations led him to make the statement about God killing him if he didn't get the $4.5 million for scholarships for medical missionaries. Oral is a nice guy. He honestly and sincerely believes in God, and has dedicated his life to those beliefs.

Yeah, I think you can openly disagree with the school and not get expelled. You do not have to ascribe to Christian beliefs to be a student. You do have to sign an "Honor Code" that is a promise not to drink alcohol, have sex outside of marriage, cheat on assignments among other things. So you could conceivably be a devout Muslim and attend ORU.

http://www.oru.edu/university/departments/...or%20Pledge.doc

Yeah, you can look at girls. It's kind of funny. They when I attended ORU in the mide 90's all the women had to wear either a dress or skirt to class. ORU is the windiest state in the nation, and I saw panties everyday when girls dresses got blown up while walking up the stairs to the Cafeteria. I guess the way the building was desgned there was some kind of updraft.

Hope that answers your questions.

Well, in certain circles it's pretty well respected (as if I cared about people respecting me because of where I went to school.). I was studying Business, and the Dean was Dr. Eugene Swearingen former Dean of Oklahoma State Univ's School of Business, former President of Tulsa University, Former President of the Bank of Oklahoma, and a heck of a nice guy. He was also a very influential and life-long democrat.

I only took 2 science classes: Chemisty and Physical Science. I can't remember them being to preachy about creationism, but I'm sure in came up in Physical Science.

I think it is a shame that Oral's concern for the sick in third world nations led him to make the statement about God killing him if he didn't get the $4.5 million for scholarships for medical missionaries. Oral is a nice guy. He honestly and sincerely believes in God, and has dedicated his life to those beliefs.

Yeah, I think you can openly disagree with the school and not get expelled. You do not have to ascribe to Christian beliefs to be a student. You do have to sign an "Honor Code" that is a promise not to drink alcohol, have sex outside of marriage, cheat on assignments among other things. So you could conceivably be a devout Muslim and attend ORU.

http://www.oru.edu/university/departments/...or%20Pledge.doc

Yeah, you can look at girls. It's kind of funny. They when I attended ORU in the mide 90's all the women had to wear either a dress or skirt to class. ORU is the windiest state in the nation, and I saw panties everyday when girls dresses got blown up while walking up the stairs to the Cafeteria. I guess the way the building was desgned there was some kind of updraft.

Hope that answers your questions.

Did you adhere to that honor code?

Did you adhere to that honor code?

I attended ORU for 4 semesters. For three of them I strictly followed the Honor Code, but midway through my fourth semester I broke several parts of the code.