Sign in to follow this  
Gravely

Looks like we were right

Hey,

Where are all of the staunch Bush defenders? Probably running as fast as they can in the opposite direction(just like all of the other Rep in Washington). Face it republiturds...you won the election. But in the end, we were shown to be right. History will show that Bush Jr. was one of the worst American Presidents ever. At least, I hope we don't ever get a worse one than him.

Bush was alredy the worst president in history before he got re-elected. Now he's just rubbing it in. Meanwhile the Dems are prepared to go with Hillary and try the same strategy that failed Gore and Kerry, win 16 states and hope for Florida or Ohio to go their way too.

If the Dems didn't keep nominating these establishment arch-liberals and went with more moderates, they'd likely have saved us from Bush.

Fortuantly it's impossible for the GOP to nominate anybody worse than Bush. Even Tom DeLay, Pat Robertson, or Saddam Hussein would be a significant improvment.

This is without a doubt the worst government to take power anywhere at any time in history

not the brightest bulb in the package are you?

Fortuantly it's impossible for the GOP to nominate anybody worse than Bush. Even Tom DeLay, Pat Robertson, or Saddam Hussein would be a significant improvment.

:doublethumbsup:

not the brightest bulb in the package are you?

Name me another government so dangerous to hold such power. You can't!

:doublethumbsup:

I wish Chavez was our president.

Guest tiki_gods

McCain will win the White House in 08 so all will be fine.

McCain will win the White House in 08 so all will be fine.

I'm holding out for a Feingold/Murtha ticket. How dare the cons question Jack Murtha like they have, a genuine war hero?

Guest tiki_gods
I'm holding out for a Feingold/Murtha ticket. How dare the cons question Jack Murtha like they have, a genuine war hero?

I think you're trying to fish in my septic tank because all you're pulling up are finless browns.

Name me another government so dangerous to hold such power. You can't!

I wish Chavez was our president.

At age 51 one would have assumed you would have had a history class or two.

It must suck being an uneducated crybaby. sorry. :(

how about showing some balls and posting under your real screen name.

I think you're trying to fish in my septic tank because all you're pulling up are finless browns.

As the brother of a Vietnam vet I don't appreciate your side's "support the troops" bluster, yet the moment a soldier diverges from the Bush agenda, they are condemned as a traitor.

As the brother of a Vietnam vet I don't appreciate your side's "support the troops" bluster, yet the moment a soldier diverges from the Bush agenda, they are condemned as a traitor.

You are not a soldier.

Now you're talking a disaster of a war............run by Dems.............Reps got us out. <_<

Now you're talking a disaster of a war............run by Dems.............Reps got us out. <_<

Once again the Reps make a weak attempt to defend Bush by changing the subject. Where's the defense of BUSH? Is that all you can come up with?

Guest tiki_gods

I've got five confirmed kills...and looking for more.

Once again the Reps make a weak attempt to defend Bush by changing the subject. Where's the defense of BUSH? Is that all you can come up with?

Gene brought up VN in an attempt to equate it with Iraq and slam Bush, I simply pointed out a few facts about who was responsible for VN.

I still support the Iraq war.

who made the reference to nam?

practice what you preach.

Well, if you want the opinion of a third party conservative, let me throw out some specifics pros and cons of the Bush presidency.

Pro:

-Two great supreme court justices.

-Showed excellent composure after the 9/11 disaster.

-Brought professionalism back to the White House.

-Decent proposal for controlling illegal immigration.

Con:

-Created a monster prescription drug entitlement program.

-Increased domestic spending.

-Increased federal involvement in education.

Guest tiki_gods
Pro:

I think he spent like ten extra minutes reading "Cat in the Hat" before he actually got off his ass and did something while Americans were leaping out of buildings to their death. I would say it was pretty good composure, or at least posture in that rocking chair he was sitting in.

voted for Bush twice

Now you're talking a disaster of a war............run by Dems.............Reps got us out. :wacko:

American involvement in Vietnam was started during the Eisenhower administration. Unless I am gravely mistaken, I believe Eisenhower was a Republican.

As to the initial point: this administration has managed to add a new aphorism to the language: "You can't fool all the people all of the time, but you don't have to: all you have to do is fool enough of 'em."

Well, if you want the opinion of a third party conservative, let me throw out some specifics pros and cons of the Bush presidency.

Pro:

-Two great supreme court justices.

-Brought professionalism back to the White House.

-Decent proposal for controlling illegal immigration.

Con:

-Created a monster prescription drug entitlement program.

-Increased domestic spending.

-Increased federal involvement in education.

Your 'pros' are debatable, especially that part about "professionalism" in the White House. Requiring suits and ties and working a strict 8 to 6 day does not constitute professionalism.

You also forgot deposing the Taliban. That's a huge pro. Unfortunately, the further prosecution of the war against terror has flipped that one on its side.

American involvement in Vietnam was started during the Eisenhower administration. Unless I am gravely mistaken, I believe Eisenhower was a Republican.

So... are you saying the Iraq War isn't something you can pin on GWB? By your logic that would be the case.

Looks like we were right, Bush Stinks

Sorry.

I thought this was a thread about ADDICT3D.

:huh:

Carry on

As to the initial point: this administration has managed to add a new aphorism to the language: "You can't fool all the people all of the time, but you don't have to: all you have to do is fool enough of 'em."

Your 'pros' are debatable, especially that part about "professionalism" in the White House. Requiring suits and ties and working a strict 8 to 6 day does not constitute professionalism.

You also forgot deposing the Taliban. That's a huge pro. Unfortunately, the further prosecution of the war against terror has flipped that one on its side.

You are correct. Removing the Taliban should have been listed under pro.

Too funny.

You want to blame Ike because he sent a few hundred military and CIA advisors to Viet Nam. Your hero Kennedy, and to greater extent LBJ, got the USA stuck there. LBJ's insistance to micro-manage the war to the extent of picking out specific targets is why we got our ass kicked.

Nixon got us out of Nam. Facts are facts, Cupcake. :huh:

You are correct. Removing the Taliban should have been listed under pro.

Let's not forget that before 9/11 Bush sent MILLIONS in aid directly to the Taliban, because he supported their war on drugs.

I think he spent like ten extra minutes reading "Cat in the Hat" before he actually got off his ass and did something while Americans were leaping out of buildings to their death.

1. It wasn't "Cat in the Nat".

2. What was he supposed to do at that moment? Jump in a helicopter, land on top of one of the towers, and personally start shuttling people off?

1. It wasn't "Cat in the Nat".

2. What was he supposed to do at that moment? Jump in a helicopter, land on top of one of the towers, and personally start shuttling people off?

1. I believe it was My Pet Goat

2. He should have got his butt outta there, let the teacher finish reading the damn book and started trying to find out more info on WTF was happening.

1. I believe it was My Pet Goat

2. He should have got his butt outta there, let the teacher finish reading the damn book and started trying to find out more info on WTF was happening.

His staff was trying to find out more. Would they have somehow worked faster or better if he was looking over their shoulder?

Let's not forget that before 9/11 Bush sent MILLIONS in aid directly to the Taliban, because he supported their war on drugs.

I was unaware Bush was able to pass a budget less than nine months into his Presidency.

I was unaware Bush was able to pass a budget less than nine months into his Presidency.

Dude ... you are an idiot.

http://www.robertscheer.com/1_natcolumn/01...umns/052201.htm published in MAY of 2001 in the LA Times

"That's the message sent with the recent gift of $43 million to the Taliban rulers of Afghanistan, the most virulent anti-American violators of human rights in the world today. The gift, announced last Thursday by Secretary of State Colin Powell, in addition to other recent aid ...."

His staff was trying to find out more. Would they have somehow worked faster or better if he was looking over their shoulder?

Prolly not. He's a truly ineffective leader. Still, there's gotta be something he could do that was more important than reading that damn book (I may be wrong, but I think it's a valid point).

Dude ... you are an idiot.

http://www.robertscheer.com/1_natcolumn/01...umns/052201.htm published in MAY of 2001 in the LA Times

"That's the message sent with the recent gift of $43 million to the Taliban rulers of Afghanistan, the most virulent anti-American violators of human rights in the world today. The gift, announced last Thursday by Secretary of State Colin Powell, in addition to other recent aid ...."

Dude, you are the idiot.

The policy of sending money to the Taliban for eradication of poppy growing started under Clinton. It was a resounding success. We continued aid because of a prolonged drought and as incentive to keep them from going back to their old ways.

DATELINE: UNITED NATIONS, May 18

May 20, 2001, Sunday, Late Edition - Final

SECTION: Section 1; Page 7; Column 1; Foreign Desk

LENGTH: 750 words

The first American narcotics experts to go to Afghanistan under Taliban rule have concluded that the movement's ban on opium-poppy cultivation appears to have wiped out the world's largest crop in less than a year, officials said today.

The American findings confirm earlier reports from the United Nations drug control program that Afghanistan, which supplied about three-quarters of the world's opium and most of the heroin reaching Europe, had ended poppy planting in one season.

On Thursday, Secretary of State Colin L. Powell announced a $43 million grant to Afghanistan in additional emergency aid to cope with the effects of a prolonged drought. The United States has become the biggest donor to help Afghanistan in the drought.

"We will continue to look for ways to provide more assistance to the Afghans," he said in a statement, "including those farmers who have felt the impact of the ban on poppy cultivation, a decision by the Taliban that we welcome."

http://www.robertscheer.com/1_natcolumn/01....htm#nytarticle

Dude, you are the idiot.

The policy of sending money to the Taliban for eradication of poppy growing started under Clinton. It was a resounding success. We continued aid because of a prolonged drought and as incentive to keep them from going back to their old ways.

DATELINE: UNITED NATIONS, May 18

May 20, 2001, Sunday, Late Edition - Final

SECTION: Section 1; Page 7; Column 1; Foreign Desk

LENGTH: 750 words

The first American narcotics experts to go to Afghanistan under Taliban rule have concluded that the movement's ban on opium-poppy cultivation appears to have wiped out the world's largest crop in less than a year, officials said today.

The American findings confirm earlier reports from the United Nations drug control program that Afghanistan, which supplied about three-quarters of the world's opium and most of the heroin reaching Europe, had ended poppy planting in one season.

On Thursday, Secretary of State Colin L. Powell announced a $43 million grant to Afghanistan in additional emergency aid to cope with the effects of a prolonged drought. The United States has become the biggest donor to help Afghanistan in the drought.

"We will continue to look for ways to provide more assistance to the Afghans," he said in a statement, "including those farmers who have felt the impact of the ban on poppy cultivation, a decision by the Taliban that we welcome."

Idiot,

I did not say that there was no U.S. aid to Afghanistan under Clinton but instead of $43 million dollar gifts, Clinton was sending cruise missiles aimed at Osama.

Are you abandoning the "Bush didn't have a budget passed" argument?

Idiot,

I did not say that there was no U.S. aid to Afghanistan under Clinton but instead of $43 million dollar gifts, Clinton was sending cruise missiles aimed at Osama.

Are you abandoning the "Bush didn't have a budget passed" argument?

So aid under Bush = bad, aid under Clinton = good. Gotcha.

How did those cruise missiles work out for Clinton (I mean other than distracting the public from Lewinsky's testimony the next day)?. Maybe Clinton should have taken Bin Laden from Sudan when they offered to turn him over.

And yes, the fact is Bush had not passed a budget at that point.

The crusie missiles Clinton sent to Afghanistan late in his second term, obviously, missed Osama, but at least he wasn't giving the Taliban $43 million dollars!

Equating AID (food, medical supplies) that Clinton sent to Afghanistan to Bush's $43M gift directly to the Taliban is like equating your education on this topic to my education.

Sometimes, you just gotta know when you are beat and admit it, son.

Even Nixon had people defending him. So did Milosevic.

Saddam Hussein still has supporters.

Castro is still in power and has adherents.

Why should W be any different?

There's a certain class of person who, rather than admit they were mistaken about Bush, prefer to go down in flames with their leader. The pain of admitting to themselves they were wrong is too great for them to bear.

The crusie missiles Clinton sent to Afghanistan late in his second term, obviously, missed Osama, but at least he wasn't giving the Taliban $43 million dollars!

Equating AID (food, medical supplies) that Clinton sent to Afghanistan to Bush's $43M gift directly to the Taliban is like equating your education on this topic to my education.

Sometimes, you just gotta know when you are beat and admit it, son.

So Clinton's money didn't go tot he Taliban. Okeedokee. :thumbsdown:

I see you ignored Clinton turning down Bin Laden on a silver platter. <_<

Unfortunately, you are much too dense to see you are beat, and I'm sure you aren't man enough to admit it.....boy.