Sign in to follow this  
swirvenirvin

Sopranos

Tell me about it. can't beleive i looked forward to this crap. Coming back with avegeance my ahole. I actually thought the whole ep would be one of Tony's stupid dreams. :ninja:

Tell me about it. can't beleive i looked forward to this crap. Coming back with avegeance my ahole. I actually thought the whole ep would be one of Tony's stupid dreams. :thumbsdown:

saw some boobies and meadow was nipping out but besides that <_<

:thumbsdown: is right

saw some boobies and meadow was nipping out but besides that :thumbsdown:
Yea but there wasn't enuff of that to save this ep. Well one can only hope Hogan Knows Best and The surreal life can pick up the slack. <_<

I assume the dream is foreshadowing something again... maybe witness protection with the 2 identiy thing?

A garbage episode like this shows why the wait between seasons is absolutely intolerable and unacceptable. If every episode was top notch quality, it would be worth the wait. This one was only slightly less bad (because I can't say it was better) that the perpetually awful dream episode towards the end of Season 5.

I don't care how strong of a defender of The Sopranos you are, you can't possibly be satisfied with the turd that passed for a "long-awaited episode" we saw tonight.

:thumbsdown: <_< :wall: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Wow...another show that wont make sense until later. It was on the boring side, but hopefully its all a build up to some kick ass episodes. I still want to see if A.J. follows through with Uncle Jr. And the Meadow nipplin out was cool as usual.

Yeah, I groaned at the beginning when I thought it would be an episode long dream sequence, but I didn't think it was total crap. I can think of a couple of worse ones (Columbus Day, anyone?) Chase waited this long, it's just part of his master plan. This'll be one of those episodes that you had to watch to make sense of everything else later on. What was that closing song? Who is that chick singing? That was haunting as hell. I can't get it out of my head.

Yeah, I groaned at the beginning when I thought it would be an episode long dream sequence, but I didn't think it was total crap. I can think of a couple of worse ones (Columbus Day, anyone?) Chase waited this long, it's just part of his master plan. This'll be one of those episodes that you had to watch to make sense of everything else later on. What was that closing song? Who is that chick singing? That was haunting as hell. I can't get it out of my head.
I'm sorry I don't watch the Sopranos for hidding meanings if I want that Ill watch Lost. Damn it Chase give us action. :P

At lease it appears next weeks episode will be action packed.

I'm sorry I don't watch the Sopranos for hidding meanings if I want that Ill watch Lost. Damn it Chase give us action. :P

Columbus Day episode, Season 5 dream episode, Season 6 episode #2

Three episodes out of 67. Not a great percentage of total crap when you wait eons in between seasons.

Columbus Day episode, Season 5 dream episode, Season 6 episode #2

Three episodes out of 67. Not a great percentage of total crap when you wait eons in between seasons.

But throw in the ones that cater to Carmella then there is more. :P

The arab stuff could get fun. Also I liked the Prodigy song mixed in the background at the Bada Bing. :P

But throw in the ones that cater to Carmella then there is more. :P

Exactly. As I said when the boards came back up, great show, but a bit overrated when you consider they make you wait as long as they do in between episodes and there is more than a fair share of clunkers.

Exactly. As I said when the boards came back up, great show, but a bit overrated when you consider they make you wait as long as they do in between episodes and there is more than a fair share of clunkers.

Not like Nip/Tuck..if there are any fans..generally every episode is action packed...or Rescue Me for that matter

One of my favorite shows but couldn't agree more. :P

Not like Nip/Tuck..if there are any fans..generally every episode is action packed...or Rescue Me for that matter

Rescue Me another one of my favs and usually actioned pack even when they do the dream crap. :lol:

Very good comparison. Another I was going to say was NYPD Blue. Just finished watching the Season 3 DVD and holy crap, was that show unbelievable. Some may say the quality fell off by the 9th or 10th season, but considered they came out with a full 22-episode season every year for about 8 years prior, a quality drop off is acceptable.

Steven Bochco >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> David Chase

One of my favorite shows but couldn't agree more. :P

Rescue Me another one of my favs and usually actioned pack even when they do the dream crap. :lol:

I absolutely hated Dennis Miller before that show...but the show kicks ass. Cant wait for it to come back!!

I absolutely hated Dennis Miller before that show...but the show kicks ass. Cant wait for it to come back!!

And Denis Leary ain't bad either! :P

Rescue Me is a great show and I actually forgot about there new season starting soon untill you just mentioned it. ;)

Rescue Me is a great show and I actually forgot about there new season starting soon untill you just mentioned it. ;)

I think they got rid of the whiney chick tough...she was hot, but oh so whiney!!

I think they got rid of the whiney chick tough...she was hot, but oh so whiney!!
Yea she was one of the few things I didn't like about that show. Pretty sure she is on Numbers now and I quit watching Numbers since she has been on it.

Yea she was one of the few things I didn't like about that show. Pretty sure she is on Numbers now and I quit watching Numbers since she has been on it.

You talking about the Italian chick (Valentina) that used to be in Head of the freakin Class?!?

You talking about the Italian chick (Valentina) that used to be in Head of the freakin Class?!?
Not sure all I know is she was the one that was dating the dude with the scar on his face. She left him in the last ep of Rescue Me. Is the one you was talking about was the mean lez dating Miller's ex gf on the show ?

Not sure all I know is she was the one that was dating the dude with the scar on his face. She left him in the last ep of Rescue Me. Is the one you was talking about was the mean lez dating Miller's ex gf on the show ?

Diane Farr

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0268007/

so glad the 1st episode wasnt the last. it would have sucked to watch all season wondering if tony is dead.

what the ###### is that HOLE in his stomach! ????

I'll post this like I have on other boards...

I thought the entire purgatory angle with Tony was really interesting. The two buddists attacking him at the elevator, losing his identity, etc...

It was definitely a slow one. But it was a set-up episode. He will be out of commission for a while. While he is out, Phil will cause havoc with the Jersey boys, Silvio will not be able to lead the crew (remember his line from last season, "Some guys make a good #2.") and Tony will wake up to a huge mess.

AJ needs to be killed soon.

At lease it appears next weeks episode will be action packed.

That was deceiving...the commentator said, "coming up this season"...All of that action will not be in next week's episode.

I just can't wait for another hour of oozing bodily fluids.

No wonder there weren't any previews after the 1st episode.

How do you promote a steaming pile of crap?

On another note: Did anyone catch Episode 2 of 'Big Love'?

I thought it was much better than last weeks opening episode. The women are starting to get catty with eachother. (can't believe it took this long!) I can't imagine that this sort of lifestyle actually exists for some families!

I thought it was much better than last weeks opening episode. The women are starting to get catty with eachother. (can't believe it took this long!) I can't imagine that this sort of lifestyle actually exists for some families!

they need to stop showing his ass, and show more titties

I turned it off half way through the 1st episode and didn't bother watching last nights.

No wonder there weren't any previews after the 1st episode.
How do you promote a steaming pile of crap?

According to the elitists over at FBG, it was the BEST EPISODE EVAH!!!!

According to the elitists over at FBG, it was the BEST EPISODE EVAH!!!!

figures they would say something stupid like that

It was not a "dream" episode.

Tony is in the afterlife. probably braindead. He is in purgatory.....notice how he is checking into the Hotel California (Costa Mesa)?

There is a beacon of light at one end of town, and wild fires at the other end.

He is between heaven and hell. Purgatory. The scenes on the television and the remarks from the bartender indicate these people are dead

This season, it appears, will be partly about the accounting of Tony's sins.

Meanwhile back in the "real world" his family are assuming new roles....AJ and Janice pull classic Livia Soprano acts of denial and narcissism...

The Sopranos is about sin......and how sin is generational. Tony's sins are related to Livia and Johnny and now his family will pay for his sins and in some cases inhabit those sins.

as Bruce Springsteen wrote in his classic tale of growing up with a difficult relationship with his father in "Adam Raised a Cain" You inherit the sins, you inherit the flames

Each and every one of you should be ashamed of yourselves!!!! How dare none of you gave a response to the scene in the first show of the season where Meadow was dancing for her boyfriend in her undies. Am I the only one that saw "The Toe" through her chonies? :blink: