Sign in to follow this  
Uh-huh

Attention FFT's Miami Heat fans

It's pretty much Curlynight and me. There might be a couple of others.

Will the Heat get a chance for revenge against the big bad Pistons?

:D :clap: :thumbsup: :mad:

Shaq sucks and the Pistons (or even the Nets) will beat them again this year. Doesn't really matter anyways because the west is still best. The Spurs, Mavs, or even Suns (if Amare plays) could all spank any of those teams from the east.

Lakers fan

Shaq sucks and the Pistons (or even the Nets) will beat them again this year. Doesn't really matter anyways because the west is still best. The Spurrs, Mavs, or even Suns (if Amare plays) could all spank any of those teams from the east.

Lakers fan

As a Suns homer, I don't think any team in the west will "spank" the Pistons. I do think the Pistons are the only real contender in the east tho.

I wish the Suns had just sat Amare for the year, let him heal up well, and see how the playoffs go. That game last night against the Nets was the most atrocious display of I dunno what I've ever seen. Steve Nash, 0 pts? Tim Thomas, 0? And of course Amare, 0.

I'll be very surprised if they get Amare back in in a cohesive and productive way.

As a Suns homer, I don't think any team in the west will "spank" the Pistons. I do think the Pistons are the only real contender in the east tho.

I wish the Suns had just sat Amare for the year, let him heal up well, and see how the playoffs go. That game last night against the Nets was the most atrocious display of I dunno what I've ever seen. Steve Nash, 0 pts? Tim Thomas, 0? And of course Amare, 0.

I'll be very surprised if they get Amare back in in a cohesive and productive way.

Aren't the Suns sitting him for the rest of the regular season now? I thought I read something about that this morning. I don't even think they should play him in the playoff's. They're a young team with plenty ahead of them. No point in risking further injury to Amare when he's obviously not in game condition.

I woud hate to be a Heat fan. Having Shaq on your team at this point in his career is fools gold. His productivity is down, and he was never a good defender anyways, and he gets injured every year. Zo will be out of shape come playoff time and the team isn't near as good IMO as last years team. Wade is the only reason the Heat might even make the conference finals but there's no way they make it to the NBA finals. This is how it will be for the duration of Shaq's career. I'm so glad we traded him. At least we're already in the rebuilding mode - Miami will cling to him as long as he sells tickets, robbing themselves of a chance for an NBA title during those years.

The heat have come together because of Wade's freakish play. As a Pistons fan, it i not the HEAT i fear, it is Dwayne Wade, it seems he either tears Detroit up or he gets shut down.

Detroit is getting an established bench now, first time since the championship year. But, i am hoping they go to the way they were playing early in the season, just blowing teams out of the water.

The Heat are a great team, but, it is looking more like even Jersey could beat them(with the way the Nets are playing, they WILL beat the heat, and maybe even the Stones). They deffinently won't be sweeping NJ this year.

Aren't the Suns sitting him for the rest of the regular season now? I thought I read something about that this morning. I don't even think they should play him in the playoff's. They're a young team with plenty ahead of them. No point in risking further injury to Amare when he's obviously not in game condition.

Haven't looked online today, but as of this morning's paper, they were looking at limiting him or not playing him tonight, his knees were stiff in that sucktastic game yesterday. I would be glad if what you say is true. Not that he isn't a great talent, but there is so much more bad than good that could come out of it.

I woud hate to be a Heat fan. Having Shaq on your team at this point in his career is fools gold. His productivity is down, and he was never a good defender anyways, and he gets injured every year. Zo will be out of shape come playoff time and the team isn't near as good IMO as last years team. Wade is the only reason the Heat might even make the conference finals but there's no way they make it to the NBA finals. This is how it will be for the duration of Shaq's career. I'm so glad we traded him. At least we're already in the rebuilding mode - Miami will cling to him as long as he sells tickets, robbing themselves of a chance for an NBA title during those years.

Do sour grapes taste good?

Do sour grapes taste good?

No sour grapes at all, just objective analysis. The funny thing is, if Shaq would have been willing to accept the contract he took in Miami it's likely he'd still be a Laker, but he demanded an extension at maximum salary. Either way, more power to you if you win it all. I just don't think it will happen, especially not with this team. Blowing up last year's team that was a game away from the finals to add Walker and Williams was the dumbest thing I've ever seen anyone do, and I'm a Pat Riley fan.

No sour grapes at all, just objective analysis. The funny thing is, if Shaq would have been willing to accept the contract he took in Miami it's likely he'd still be a Laker, but he demanded an extension at maximum salary. Either way, more power to you if you win it all. I just don't think it will happen, especially not with this team. Blowing up last year's team that was a game away from the finals to add Walker and Williams was the dumbest thing I've ever seen anyone do, and I'm a Pat Riley fan.

It's also hard for us to have sour grapes when shaq helped lead us to 3 rings. How many rings has Shaq helped Miami win? Oh that's right, Miami has never won it all.

:o (i've been waiting to use this one)

I woud hate to be a Heat fan.

Having Shaq on your team at this point in his career is fools gold.

Objective analysis? riiiigggghhhhhtttt.

His productivity is down, and he was never a good defender anyways, and he gets injured every year.

Finally, some demonstrable statements.

Zo will be out of shape come playoff time and the team isn't near as good IMO as last years team.

These types of statements are more commonly known as biased conjecture and opinion.

Wade is the only reason the Heat might even make the conference finals but there's no way they make it to the NBA finals.

More so-called 'objective' analysis... That was an opinion. There is no analysis there.

This is how it will be for the duration of Shaq's career. I'm so glad we traded him. At least we're already in the rebuilding mode - Miami will cling to him as long as he sells tickets, robbing themselves of a chance for an NBA title during those years.

This is the sour grapes, "darn I really wish Buss hadn't dismantled the team but I can't admit that because I think Kobe is God" part.

:o

See ya in June :angry:

It's also hard for us to have sour grapes when shaq helped lead us to 3 rings. How many rings has Shaq helped Miami win? Oh that's right, Miami has never won it all.

:argue: (i've been waiting to use this one)

Miss him, don't you?

BTW, how many PLAYOFF games have the Lakers played in since Shaq left? How many? What was that again?

I've been waiting to use that one myself.

Lakers goofed, plain and simple. You might be on your way to 5 titles. Instead, you're looking at the lottery (again).

Enjoy watching the playoffs on TV. I'll be at the Heat playoff games. :doh:

Objective analysis? riiiigggghhhhhtttt.

Finally, some demonstrable statements.

These types of statements are more commonly known as biased conjecture and opinion.

More so-called 'objective' analysis... That was an opinion. There is no analysis there.

This is the sour grapes, "darn I really wish Buss hadn't dismantled the team but I can't admit that because I think Kobe is God" part.

:o

See ya in June :argue:

whatever. When Shaq helps you win a ring we can talk. As far as June goes, I'm pretty sure both our teams will be on the sidelines. And next year Shaq and Zo will be a year older and Heat will do about as well as they do this year, and the next year and the next year, until Shaq retires. I'm glad that's good enough for you. Really, enjoy that. Ask Kevin Garnett how it feels to make the playoffs every year but not win a ring.

whatever. When Shaq helps you win a ring we can talk. As far as June goes, I'm pretty sure both our teams will be on the sidelines. And next year Shaq and Zo will be a year older and Heat will do about as well as they do this year, and the next year and the next year, until Shaq retires. I'm glad that's good enough for you. Really, enjoy that. Ask Kevin Garnett how it feels to make the playoffs every year but not win a ring.

Here's what I think.

I think you wish you had Shaq back, but you'll never admit it.

I think you are ticked off at the LA bandwagon fans who have abandoned the team since it turned into a lottery team.

I think you don't know much about your own team's history, as evidenced by your comments about Shaq's current value.

But as you said... whatever. May the best team win.

Ask Kevin Garnett how it feels to make the playoffs every year but not win a ring.

Better yet, ask Patrick Ewing :banana:

I always hated that dude, and his guarantees he would wager against the bulls.

Here's what I think.

I think you wish you had Shaq back, but you'll never admit it.

I think you are ticked off at the LA bandwagon fans who have abandoned the team since it turned into a lottery team.

I think you don't know much about your own team's history, as evidenced by your comments about Shaq's current value.

But as you said... whatever. May the best team win.

We're a lottery team? LOL. One year out of the playoffs. Why would I care if some bandwagon fans left? We'll ALWAYS have more fans than the Heat. We've only missed the playoffs two years in like the last 25. How many times have the Heat? Here, I found some history of the Heat you might like to see:

Playoff Appearences: (10)

1992, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2004, 2005

Regarding making the playoffs, here's our history over the same period:

Playoff Appearences: (16)

1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004

Did I mention all the championships and trips to the finals we've had since the Heat came into existence. It's pretty easy to kick us when we're not at the top of our game. It's expected. Oh, and we're in the playoffs this year. We're on the way up and you're on the way down. Enjoy your ride to the upper middle tier of the league while you can :banana:

We're a lottery team? LOL. One year out of the playoffs. Why would I care if some bandwagon fans left? We'll ALWAYS have more fans than the Heat. We've only missed the playoffs two years in like the last 25. How many times have the Heat? Here, I found some history of the Heat you might like to see:

1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004

Did I mention all the championships and trips to the finals we've had since the Heat came into existence. It's pretty easy to kick us when we're not at the top of our game. It's expected. Oh, and we're in the playoffs this year. We're on the way up and you're on the way down. Enjoy your ride to the upper middle tier of the league while you can :doublethumbsup:

We're also on our way up in a conference that actually has good teams. Half the teams that make the Eastern conference playoff's won't even have a winning record

The Heat are always going to be dangerous until Wade gets paid what he's actually worth and sucks the moneypool dry to put players around him and an aging Shaq.

Miami and New Jersey are each other's problem. Good riddence to the loser but Pistons should be able to handle either.

San Antonio and Dallas are each other's problem and one gets Phoenix too. Those two teams again will be hell this year in another great finals -hopefully with Detroit having home court this time.

Shaq (Miami) in the east... :ninja: ........................ Spurs in the west... :banana:

Let's go! :banana: :shocking: :banana:

Shaq (Miami) in the east... :shocking: ........................ Spurs in the west... :ninja:

Let's go! :banana:

I like Dallas in the west. Duncan is hurt, and the Mavs are much improved.

Also Shaq is a cardboard frame they send out there these days to scare people. Because of how he used to be good. :banana:

Also Shaq is a cardboard frame they send out there these days to scare people. Because of how he used to be good. ;)
You take that back! :mad: :rolleyes:

But hey, if it still works!...

:thumbsdown:

I want the rematch against the Pistons. Might have been different if Wade didn't get injured. He came back and played through the injury and we barely lost. Last I checked Shaq still leads the league in FG%.

Did I mention all the championships and trips to the finals we've had since the Heat came into existence. It's pretty easy to kick us when we're not at the top of our game. It's expected. Oh, and we're in the playoffs this year. We're on the way up and you're on the way down. Enjoy your ride to the upper middle tier of the league while you can :P

That was then. What have the Lakers done for you lately?

So far you've proven:

1) you can quote from the Lakers' team page

2) you still don't know how the Lakers won all of those championships.

Could it be you're another Johnny-come-lately Lakers fan who jumped from the good ship Taurus in 1998?

Dem grapes are sour, aren't they? :first:

Also Shaq is a cardboard frame they send out there these days to scare people. Because of how he used to be good. ;)

This was darn funny!

:wacko: :lol:

That was then. What have the Lakers done for you lately?

LOL. Define lately. What are we, less than 2 years removed from the NBA finals? When is the last time the Heat made the finals?

I smell a bet coming from you Miami Heat losers.

I smell a bet coming from you Miami Heat losers.

Dude, they have Shaq. That by themselves defines them as winners. You can tell by all the championship banners he has or will bring them. Remember, at his first press conference Shaq guaranteed Miami a championship. Apparently, some of the fans believed him.....

Answer: most definitely.

Shaq sucks and the Pistons (or even the Nets) will beat them again this year. Doesn't really matter anyways because the west is still best. The Spurs, Mavs, or even Suns (if Amare plays) could all spank any of those teams from the east.

Lakers fan

:thumbsup: How's that Shaq trade working out for you?

As a Suns homer, I don't think any team in the west will "spank" the Pistons.

I do think the Pistons are the only real contender in the east tho.

:ninja:

Are those grapes bitter enough for ya? :lol:

Yes they will! :thumbsup: