Sign in to follow this  
RicemanX

MLB to hire former senator to investigate Bonds and others

even if they do find out he did roids (assuming it wasnt last year), what grounds do they have to punish him on? roids werent "illegal" up until last year.

just a lame attempt to appease the mob.

i still dont getwhat evidence they are looking to find. unless they find it in his system, find an old drug test sample (which shouldnt exist), or find a videotape of him doing it and saying into the camera "hey, this is barry bonds, and i'm doing winstrol right now", i dont know how they can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that he actually did it (from a law point of view)

dont get me wrong, i know bonds did roids and all (as did 75% of the league, imo), but knowing somebody did it and proving it legally isnt the same thing (see O.J. Simpson)

even if they do find out he did roids (assuming it wasnt last year), what grounds do they have to punish him on? roids werent "illegal" up until last year.

just a lame attempt to appease the mob.

i still dont getwhat evidence they are looking to find. unless they find it in his system, find an old drug test sample (which shouldnt exist), or find a videotape of him doing it and saying into the camera "hey, this is barry bonds, and i'm doing winstrol right now", i dont know how they can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that he actually did it (from a law point of view)

dont get me wrong, i know bonds did roids and all (as did 75% of the league, imo), but knowing somebody did it and proving it legally isnt the same thing (see O.J. Simpson)

Baseball gets another blackeye right before the new season, seems to be a trend now.

This is going to ruin this whole generation of baseball, i mean Bonds shouldn't be the only target, a very very large number of people have been on illegal substances.

How can you explain brady anderson hitting 50 homeruns in a single season??? Also people like Abreu.. pretty much any power hitter you think of the past 10 years was on roids.

I'm a Cubs fan and now resent people like this and Sosa... This will make true players not in the Hall of Fame like Andre Dawson be much more respected.

438 HRs... with 314 SBs... how is this guy not in the hall???

i dont get it. whats "*" mean? :thumbsup:

This is going to ruin this whole generation of baseball, i mean Bonds shouldn't be the only target, a very very large number of people have been on illegal substances.

How can you explain brady anderson hitting 50 homeruns in a single season??? Also people like Abreu.. pretty much any power hitter you think of the past 10 years was on roids.

I'm a Cubs fan and now resent people like this and Sosa... This will make true players not in the Hall of Fame like Andre Dawson be much more respected.

438 HRs... with 314 SBs... how is this guy not in the hall???

not saying he doesnt/didnt do roids, but of all the players in baseball, why question abreu? the most HR's he's ever hit in a season is 31 (when he was in his prime at 27 yrs old about 5 years ago) , hardly a major accomplishment. he's not really a power hitter. and now he plays in a tiny stadium, yet has only hit 54 hr's in the 2 years there (and he played 2 full seasons). his best ability is actually getting on base, mainly through walks.

i dont get it. whats "*" mean? :unsure:

not saying he doesnt/didnt do roids, but of all the players in baseball, why question abreu? the most HR's he's ever hit in a season is 31 (when he was in his prime at 27 yrs old about 5 years ago) , hardly a major accomplishment. he's not really a power hitter. and now he plays in a tiny stadium, yet has only hit 54 hr's in the 2 years there (and he played 2 full seasons). his best ability is actually getting on base, mainly through walks.

i was throwin him out there basically because of the way he has bulked up... i'm not saying either he nor anderson with any certainty did roids, but it makes you think pretty much anyone could have done or could be doing them. Take in point Adien Beltre... A bunch of sh1tty years then all of a sudden he's almost the MVP.. kinda reminiscent of ken caminiti(sp?). I'm just sayin all of this uncertainty makes the past 10-15 years of baseball very shakey, almost like a waste.

I think baseball loses a good 5-10 years of credibility if Bonds breaks Aaron's record. I'm guessing MLB senses that as well. I'll also go on to guess that this investigation will lead to either a ban from baseball or a one year suspension.

If they take away Bonds' HR record, then they have to consider taking away McGwire's HR record as well...then maybe Sosa will end up with the single season record?

Change your thread title. Major League Baseball wants to hire a former U.S. Senator to lead the steroid investigation. This is a far cry from the U.S Senate actually doing the investigation (thank God).

i dont get it. whats "*" mean? :thumbsdown:

"*" means asterisk.

Like the one they gave Maris' HR record(He had I think 154games and Ruth did it in 148 or something like that).

So, since Barry is obviously on roids he gets an * next to ANY and all of his records.

hth

On a side note Brady Anderson was on creatine way back when and stated such.

I don't think that's illegal.

I saw him hit two one night in KC, man his swing was just so "Griffey like", nice and smooth.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2389391

Your caring level?

The white man really doesn't want Barry to break Ruth's record.

What record does Ruth have?

I think it's Aaron's record that people don't want broken. I was young, but I believe he was black. :thumbsdown:

The only possible way for Bonds to save grace and have earn a thread of respect would be to retire one home run short of Aaron's record.

It would be one unselfish move that he could do that would erase the majority of people's ill will toward him.

He knows he cheated, baseball knows he cheated, and the public knows he cheated. If he quits one shy of the record, he would be acknowledging his remorse and leaving a hallowed record stand.

Ten, fifteen years from now, people may remember Bonds as the great player he was instead of the ill-manbnered steroid freak he became. It would be the ultimate great PR move.

What's funny about this?

Bill Romanowski ADMITTED he did steroids during his playing career and the NFL is supposed to have a STRICT steroid policy? When will you morons understand, only steroid users that don't know what they're doing are going to get caught. Bud Selig and MLB are a focking JOKE. Where is the NFL and their investigation of all their players? This is such a joke. Way to ruin the season before it begins BUD you moron.

"*" means asterisk.

Like the one they gave Maris' HR record(He had I think 154games and Ruth did it in 148 or something like that).

Close. Maris had 162, and Ruth had 154. It was also an expansion year, IIRC.

Steriods have been illegal in MLB since 1991. They've only recently added testing and mandatory punishments for it, though.

Time and money well spent.

After all, the LAST senate investigation accomplished SO MUCH! :huh:

Time and money well spent.

After all, the LAST senate investigation accomplished SO MUCH! :huh:

It's the SENATE! Anything to do with politics doesn't work and wastes money.

Why doesn't the Senate actually work on governing instead of getting involved in something that they have no business being in?

If they take away Bonds' HR record, then they have to consider taking away McGwire's HR record as well...then maybe Sosa will end up with the single season record?

:mad:

Also, food for thought. If many of the pitchers Bonds faced were also on steroids (as is suspected), did he get an unfair advantage or just even the playing field?

Why didn't they investigate in 1996 when there were strong rumors of steroids?

I don't know. Why don't you write your congressman and ask him?

:banana:

Also, food for thought. If many of the pitchers Bonds faced were also on steroids (as is suspected), did he get an unfair advantage or just even the playing field?

Bud Selig is a joke, MLB is a joke.

Bud Selig is a joke, MLB is a joke.

Bud has done some good as well as bad. But I do agree that he is a blithering idiot to announce this days before opening day. Stern, Tags, or Bettman would surely not have.

What record does Ruth have?

I think it's Aaron's record that people don't want broken. I was young, but I believe he was black. :D

The only possible way for Bonds to save grace and have earn a thread of respect would be to retire one home run short of Aaron's record.

It would be one unselfish move that he could do that would erase the majority of people's ill will toward him.

Bonds have stated over and over again that he doesn't want to break Aaron's record, he only wants Ruth. And yea, I agree it would be good if he retired before breaking Aaron's record.