Sign in to follow this  
ArnieBragg

Prayer Doesn't Aid Recovery, Study Finds

Just now, Baker Boy said:

Then what is your problem?

I don't have much respect for the Catholic church, or religions in general.  What's your problem?

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I don't have much respect for the Catholic church, or religions in general.  What's your problem?

bigotry
[ˈbiɡətrē]

NOUN
  1. obstinate or unreasonable attachment to a belief, opinion, or faction, in particular prejudice against a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular group.

1 minute ago, Baker Boy said:
bigotry
[ˈbiɡətrē]

NOUN
  1. obstinate or unreasonable attachment to a belief, opinion, or faction, in particular prejudice against a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular group.

😂  You are really grasping at straws here.  I'm not sure you have a very good understanding of that definition.  You're not using it correctly here.

Maybe the subjects didn’t pray hard enough 🤷🏻‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

😂  You are really grasping at straws here.  I'm not sure you have a very good understanding of that definition.  You're not using it correctly here.

That’s the Bigot motto.

1 hour ago, Hawkeye21 said:

You're making a fool of yourself.

May want to look in the mirror. Just sayin. :dunno:

2 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Same.

I still attend mass somewhat regularly but that is to keep the peace with family members on both my side and my wife's side.

The members are nice, but fock the higher ups in the Catholic church.

Edit: did the canadian story get any play here, how they helped facilitate a genocide?

31 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

Same.

I still attend mass somewhat regularly but that is to keep the peace with family members on both my side and my wife's side.

The members are nice, but fock the higher ups in the Catholic church.

Edit: did the canadian story get any play here, how they helped facilitate a genocide?

It got some. Did the Aztecs and what they did before any of us were born get  any? 

Can we just consider the possibility that prayer does something? But it does it for those who are praying. It gives them a sense of contribution; They aren't powerless against this awful thing happening to the person they love. Perhaps it's ineffective for the sick. But maybe, just maybe, desperately appreciated by the prayerful.

...and that ain't nothing. 

3 hours ago, Baker Boy said:
bigotry
[ˈbiɡətrē]

NOUN

See, this right here.

Christians will run around all day saying you're going to hell, enjoy their tax free clubhouses at your expense, blah blah.

But express your opinion and you're a bigot.

4 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Can we just consider the possibility that prayer does something? But it does it for those who are praying. It gives them a sense of contribution; They aren't powerless against this awful thing happening to the person they love. Perhaps it's ineffective for the sick. But maybe, just maybe, desperately appreciated by the prayerful.

Good point. We should put wishing wells in hospitals. Has pretty much the same effect, and people can fish out the change to buy a coke. 

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It got some. Did the Aztecs and what they did before any of us were born get  any? 

I am not sure, I do not know anyone that was raised Aztec, however both my wife and I are Catholic and still go to mass.

One is relevant to me and the other is not.

31 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Good point. We should put wishing wells in hospitals. Has pretty much the same effect, and people can fish out the change to buy a coke. 

They essentially do. Only its covered by insurance. Roughly the same efficacy. And a crapload more expensive. 

14 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

May want to look in the mirror. Just sayin. :dunno:

You're going to have to explain this one.  I've been completely rational yet 

12 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

He didn't even use it properly.  He called me a bigot because I don't have respect for the Catholic church.  The church is an entity, not a person.  The majority of my community are Catholics.  My family are all Catholics.  I'm still a member of the parish and send my daughter to the same Catholic school I went to.  Somehow I'm a bigot though. 😂🤣

12 hours ago, wiffleball said:

I would agree with that.  Giving hope to someone can be powerful.