Sign in to follow this  
D'ohmer Simpson

Anyone else turned on by the Spears giving birth sculpture?

:thumbsup:

Art gallery website link

Monument to Pro-Life: The Birth of Sean Preston

Show Dates - April 7 through April 23

Opening night reception with the artist: Friday, April 7th 6-9pm

Capla Kesting Fine Art is located at:

121 Roebling St, 7-8 - Brooklyn, NY 11211

phone: 917-650-3760

Bedford Ave L Train at the corner of North 5th and Roebling.

gallery hours are 1:00- 6:00 pm Thursday - Sunday or by appointment.

DEDICATION HONORS NUDE BRITNEY SPEARS GIVING BIRTH

Pop-Star’s Pregnancy Idealized In Brooklyn ‘Monument to Pro-Life’

BROOKLYN (March 22, 2006) --- A nude Britney Spears on a bearskin rug while giving birth to her firstborn marks a ‘first’ for Pro-Life. Pop-star Britney Spears is the “ideal” model for Pro-Life and the subject of a dedication at Capla Kesting Fine Art in Brooklyn’s Williamsburg gallery district, in what is proclaimed the first Pro-Life monument to birth, in April.

Dedication of the life-sized statue celebrates the recent birth of Spears’ baby boy, Sean, and applauds her decision of placing family before career. “A superstar at Britney’s young age having a child is rare in today’s celebrity culture. This dedication honors Britney for the rarity of her choice and bravery of her decision,” said gallery co-director, Lincoln Capla. The dedication includes materials provided by Manhattan Right To Life Committee.

“Monument to Pro-Life: The Birth of Sean Preston,” believed Pro-Life’s first monument to the ‘act of giving birth,’ is purportedly an idealized depiction of Britney in delivery. Natural aspects of Spears’ pregnancy, like lactiferous breasts and protruding naval, compliment a posterior view that depicts widened hips for birthing and reveals the crowning of baby Sean’s head.

The monument also acknowledges the pop-diva’s pin-up past by showing Spears seductively posed on all fours atop a bearskin rug with back arched, pelvis thrust upward, as she clutches the bear’s ears with ‘water-retentive’ hands.

“Britney provides inspiration for those struggling with the ‘right choice’,” said artist Daniel Edwards, recipient of a 2005 Bartlebooth award from London’s The Art Newspaper. “She was number one with Google last year, with good reason --- people are inspired by the beauty of a pregnant woman,” said Edwards.

Capla Kesting denies the statue was developed from a rumored bootleg Britney Spears birth video. The artist admits to using references that include the wax figure of a pole-dancing Britney at Las Vegas’ Madame Tussauds and ‘Britney wigs’ characterizing various hairstyles of the pop-princess from a Los Angeles hairstylist. And according to gallery co-director, David Kesting, the artist studied a bearskin rug from Canada “to convey the commemoration of the traditional bearskin rug baby picture.”

An appropriate location for permanent installation of “Monument to Pro-Life” by Mother’s Day is being sought by the gallery.

“Monument to Pro-Life” is on view April 7th thru 23rd with a reception for the dedication April 7th from 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm at Capla Kesting Fine Art, 121 Roebling St., Brooklyn, NY. Gallery hours are 1:00 – 6:00 pm Thursday thru Sunday, or by appointment. The gallery can be reached at www.caplakesting.com or by phone at 917-650-3760.

im allergic to peanuts

Is there any particular reason that they are not showing the view from behind? I figure that is the most important view when we are talking about giving birth

:)

Is there any particular reason that they are not showing the view from behind? I figure that is the most important view when we are talking about giving birth

I wondered that as well. Maybe some don't wanna see the crowning head?

Ever seen The Fly?

I'd like to see some labia

I wonder if the sculptor went into that detail? Of course, he did add lactiferous :) breasts and protruding naval, so possibly.

I wonder if the sculptor went into that detail? Of course, he did add lactiferous :lol: breasts and protruding naval, so possibly.

That was my point. I wanted to see if there was wall-to-wall carpet, a throw rug, or hardwood floors. :)

Well yeah I've beat off to it a few times, but that's only because I find Bear rugs extremely sexual.

I find it kind of ironic, as Britney had an elective c-section. :thumbsup:

Update this thread when a shot from behind is taken

Behind, under, over...still frantically searching the web.........

Any NY geeks wanna run over to the gallery? :thumbsup:

I find it kind of ironic, as Britney had an elective c-section. :thumbsup:

It's not ironic, but :pointstosky:

that isnt britney spears....

where are the extra 30 pounds and the cigarette dangling from her mouth?

More like pro-choice.

Yeah, I don't get the whole monument to pro-life thing.

Also, I don't see what is so brave about a millionare having a kid. A single mother with limited income raising a kid is brave.

I'm guessing that they are not showing the view from behind so that they can actually draw horny, pathetic men to attend the gallery. :unsure:

A single mother with limited income raising a kid is brave.

Single mothers with limited income shouldn't be having kids. When they do, bravery is not the adjetive that comes to mind.

K Fed used to be known as Dirt Cat to his friends. Seems kind of fitting. He kind of ruined a good looking redneck chick with his assdirt.

Yes, the perfect example for the Pro-Life movement...a redneck celebrity who skanked out, married white trash while in a drunken stupor, then divorced him before the kid dropped. The motto should be 'if someone as rich and powerful as her is willing to saddle her life with an unwanted kid, why cant you?'