Sign in to follow this  
Guest Black Label Society

So I quit smoking Friday eveing

And I'm wearing the nicotine patch.

In the past, I've noticed that it can 'supply' you with some VERY bizarre dreams.

So, this morning (about 4am) I'm having a very vivid dream.

Long story short.....

I'm a cop, and my partner and I are trying to detain a woman (turns out to be Cherise Theron) who is insanely strong and tough, and cannot feel pain, nor can be knocked out. She was detained in an apartment complex, and her pure white (rather beautiful) horse is also in the apartment with her. She managed to break out of her handcuffs and killed my partner while I was gone. When I got back I saw her running around the apartment and she and I tangled. What seemed like hours of trying to get some zip ties on her wrists, I finally managed to get her hogtied, and she immediately broke out of them. I was so angry that I started to punch on her kidneys as hard as I could.

I wake up to screaming only to find out that my GF was the 'recipient' and was crying profusely. Begging me to stop and asking why I was doing that.

WTF is that? I must have told her 1000 times how sorry I was.

I cannot describe how terrible I feel.

I dont get it..........

I'll just do a quick summary from my TDZ reply:

1) congrats

2) you're gay

Thanks, and I'm sure I'm not gay.

congrats, good luck. The patch worked for me, but I didn't have any dreams where I was punching the constable, er, the imaginary girlfriend, er, nevermind.

smoke free since September! You can do it!

Thanks for the support on the smoking thing.

But seriously, why the fock would I pound on her like that?!?!

Anybody ever have anything like this happen to them?

Ummm are you serious about the pounding? Jeebus.

Was she the one that asked you to quit smoking?

Ummm are you serious about the pounding? Jeebus.

Was she the one that asked you to quit smoking?

yes, unfortunately. I'm completely serious.

I guess I punched her twice (rather hard....she couldn't breathe for about a minute) in the ribs.

Totally focking freaked me out.

No, I've been wanting to do it (quit), but she does hound me about it.

I guess there could be something there, but the dream was SO focking bizarre.

I couldn't believe my eyes and ears when I woke up to find out I was beating on her.

Totally broke my heart.....her crying and begging me to stop. :banana:

Not while dreaming :banana:

Hmm. Not sleep walking, but sleep fighting.

I would guess the anxiety and unrest from quitting smoking might be contributing factors to your dilemma. You may want to sleep in different rooms for a while, until you get over mental mishap. Or wear some mittens or baseball gloves or something, so that if you are inclined to swing, it won't hurt as much.

Hmm. Not sleep walking, but sleep fighting.

I would guess the anxiety and unrest from quitting smoking might be contributing factors to your dilemma. You may want to sleep in different rooms for a while, until you get over mental mishap. Or wear some mittens or baseball gloves or something, so that if you are inclined to swing, it won't hurt as much.

:banana: at the "Mittens" comment.

If this really happened, check this out:

article

did a search for "punching while asleep" in Goole and it returned a buch of useful links - start there

:banana: at the "Mittens" comment.

Yeah...mittens will really absorb the shock. Better wear two pair, just to be safe.

If this really happened, check this out:

article

did a search for "punching while asleep" in Goole and it returned a buch of useful links - start there

Drs. Schneck and Mahowald have conducted research indicating that 38% of 29 otherwise healthy patients with REM behavior disorder went on to develop a parkinsonian disorder, presumably Parkinson's disease (PD

Oh, that's FUKKING GREAT!!!!!! :first:

Yeah...mittens will really absorb the shock. Better wear two pair, just to be safe.

Like 3 years ago, I had a dream that some mobsters were trying to cut me with an exacto knife.

When they finally got me down and cut me on my arm, I flew out of bed (I guess...) and yelled "What the FOCK! I'm gonna kill all you motherfockers!" And started punching the walls, bed, etc.

My GF at the time was like :mad:

She woke me up and I was in the kitchen making a pot pie b!tching about them cutting me. It was like 3am on a worknight.

:o :banana: :wacko:

:banana:

I'm thinking a doctor visit may be in order here. Maybe you need some kind of sleep meds to keep you from acting like a coked up Scarface at night.

:banana:

I'm thinking a doctor visit may be in order here. Maybe you need some kind of sleep meds to keep you from acting like a coked up Scarface at night.

I think you might be right. I've never hit anyone before (in my dreams), but last night I guess I just WHALED on her.

She thought I broke her rib(s). I asked her if I should call the police and file a report, so they don't think I was abusing her.....she laughed and said 'it's OK honey. I know you didn't mean it.'

Needless to say, I did not go back to sleep this morning. I feel awful.

:thumbsdown:

I just read an article about people taking a Ambien doing weird things in their sleep, mostly eating. This isn't the one I read, but you'll get the idea.

I just read an article about people taking a Ambien doing weird things in their sleep, mostly eating. This isn't the one I read, but you'll get the idea.

Nah, I was only on Captain Morgan (and I only had 2 earlier in the evening).

I know it was from the patch, but I've never had one this bad before.

I've had VERY wierd dreams while sleeping with it on before.

But this one takes the taco.

Oh, and Rustor....fock off.....The Internets are for my use anyway I see fit you bastage. :thumbsdown:

At least I ain't this guy. <_<

A man who drove to his parents' home one night while sleepwalking (9) made the following comments:

I'm always running around the house, looking for something, getting knives, checking everybody out, swinging bats. . . . I used to always throw my mattress and block the doorway of the room; I was dreaming that somebody was after me. . . . I'll take two or three showers a night. . . . My wife would see me going over the top of her; I mean, I would just fly over her. . . . I've tried tying myself to my wife with a rope for a couple of weeks so I couldn't jump out of bed.

One word for ya Phillip Morris:

COUCH.

At least until the Tex Cobb Syndrome stops or they make a NicoDerm straight jacket.

Poor girl needs to not wak up like :thumbsdown:

Just hope the cops will believe the old " No officer, I beat her in my sleep" line

I guess it's better than she walked into a door.

After I realized she was OK, that was the first thing that crossed my mind. :rolleyes:

I FOCK COLD TURKEYS!!!

To steal someone elses line...

You my friend have arse cancer

BTW, GL w/ the quitting...I wish I could

It's got that chemical that makes you sleepy.

If you're asleep, you can't smoke.

So do you eat the turkey, or sleep with it?

To steal someone elses line...

You my friend have arse cancer

BTW, GL w/ the quitting...I wish I could

Thanks.

BTW, it's daytime now, and I am no longer having bizarre dreams.

I do, however, have an relentless incredible urge to strangle the next poor focker who walks into my office.

Do like Chuck Norris. Don't sleep, simply lie there--waiting.

So do you eat the turkey, or sleep with it?

You duct tape it to your upper arm, shoulder, or lower back.

BLS-how are you holding out with the quit?

Smoke FREE since Friday evening FOCKERS! :wall:

I'd like to kill one of you fockers RIGHT NOW...but other than that, I'm perfect.

Also, I did not beat on the GF last night. I took the patch off before bedtime and slept like a champion.....BUT, I was extremely agitated at every little thing this morning.

Oh well...price you pay. :thumbsdown:

A nicotine patch to help you quit smoking pole? Wonders never cease. :huh:

Seriously though, there are some pretty common drugs out there that really fock with your head. Especially vivid dreams. Vicks 44d does it for me. :argue:

And I'm wearing the nicotine patch.

In the past, I've noticed that it can 'supply' you with some VERY bizarre dreams.

So, this morning (about 4am) I'm having a very vivid dream.

Long story short.....

I'm a cop, and my partner and I are trying to detain a woman (turns out to be Cherise Theron) who is insanely strong and tough, and cannot feel pain, nor can be knocked out. She was detained in an apartment complex, and her pure white (rather beautiful) horse is also in the apartment with her. She managed to break out of her handcuffs and killed my partner while I was gone. When I got back I saw her running around the apartment and she and I tangled. What seemed like hours of trying to get some zip ties on her wrists, I finally managed to get her hogtied, and she immediately broke out of them. I was so angry that I started to punch on her kidneys as hard as I could.

I wake up to screaming only to find out that my GF was the 'recipient' and was crying profusely. Begging me to stop and asking why I was doing that.

WTF is that? I must have told her 1000 times how sorry I was.

I cannot describe how terrible I feel.

I dont get it..........