Sign in to follow this  
Electric Mayhem

Phillies fans - Saturday game tix?

Hey - thinking of driving to Philly this weekend ans catching the 3PM game. Do you think it will be easy to get tickets there? What's my best bet to make sure I can go to the game?

Today's home opener is sold out, but I'm not aware of this coming Sat game being sold out. There appears to be plenty of tix still available. Buy them on-line or call 215-463-1000 and order the tix and have them at Will Call.

They also have "up to 5,000 seats, if unsold in advance of the game, that will go on sale at the Citizens Bank Park ticket windows three hours prior to game time and be discounted from $3 to $6 per seat. "

Don't forget to visit Chickie & Pete's :lol:

Today's home opener is sold out, but I'm not aware of this coming Sat game being sold out. There appears to be plenty of tix still available. Buy them on-line or call 215-463-1000 and order the tix and have them at Will Call.

They also have "up to 5,000 seats, if unsold in advance of the game, that will go on sale at the Citizens Bank Park ticket windows three hours prior to game time and be discounted from $3 to $6 per seat. "

Don't forget to visit Chickie & Pete's :lol:

cool, thanks.

Where is Chickie & Pete's ? What kind of place is it?

yeah it shouldn't be hard to get tickets. if nothing else you can always get "Standing Room Only" tickets for like $12.

Chickie n Petes in a big sports bar in Philly. there's one in South Philly a few blocks from the stadium. its cool to watch a game at, get some beer towers n crab fries, but since you'll be at the game it shouldnt matter. there's a McFadden's bar attached to the stadium

cool, thanks.

Where is Chickie & Pete's ? What kind of place is it?

Sports bar type, pretty damn good food all around, but pretty famous for their mussels. They have a location on Packer Avenue, but they also have one in NE Philly on the Blvd. So if you're coming from the north you might want to try that one too, but it's not the same as being at the one near the stadium.

Thanks guys.

I probably be driving in right around game time, so I'm sure we'll just eat in the stadium. Hopefully it's not too late to get reservations at Morimoto for dinner... not sure how hard it is to get them.

You can eat at the forementioned McFadden's but I suggest you try the Hatfield grill (sausage sandwiches) or Tony Lukes (get a cheesesteak or roast pork). I have not been impressed with Bulls BBQ.

You can eat at the forementioned McFadden's but I suggest you try the Hatfield grill (sausage sandwiches) or Tony Lukes (get a cheesesteak or roast pork). I have not been impressed with Bulls BBQ.

:banana:

Get the roast pork at Tony Lukes

:cheers:

Roast pork with rabb...mmm, mmmm, mmmm! :banana:

Hey - thinking of driving to Philly this weekend ans catching the 3PM game. Do you think it will be easy to get tickets there? What's my best bet to make sure I can go to the game?

Make sure you behave. I wouldn't want you to get locked away in the stadium jail. :banana:

Make sure you behave. I wouldn't want you to get locked away in the stadium jail. :(

That won't be a problem. I really don't like baseball, but it's fun to go to a game. I don't see myself getting to worked up over anything unless someone else is being a complete jackass.

Can I say jackass? :doh:

That won't be a problem. I really don't like baseball, but it's fun to go to a game. I don't see myself getting to worked up over anything unless someone else is being a complete jackass.

Can I say jackass? :(

Are you a Dodger fan? :doh:

Are you a Dodger fan? :(

nope

If I had to pick a team I guess I'd say the Mets, since they generally stink and I like to root for local underdogs. And I have a couple co-workers that talk about them like EVERY DAY so I find myself somewhat interested in how they are doing.

:thumbsdown:

Roast Pork Italiano is the shiznit :thumbsdown:

How about we plan a Philly area Geek meeting at some Philly game?

WTF? Mussells?

I don't understand. Are you questioning my spelling of mussels, or are you questioning my choice?

I don't understand. Are you questioning my spelling of mussels, or are you questioning my choice?

That's like you sending him to Pat's and recommending he get a burger.

Its al about the crabs, man. :lol:

He plays for the Phillies. :lol:

What is said in the Sanctuary, stays in the Sanctuary. :banana:

That's like you sending him to Pat's and recommending he get a burger.

Its al about the crabs, man. :banana:

C'mon dude. Both are excellent. It's not like I told him to get the pizza. You can't go wrong with either choice, I happen to prefer the mussels. They are the best I've ever had next to my local fish shop. :lol:

:banana:

From what I've read, Tony Luke's is no longer there.

How about we plan a Philly area Geek meeting at some Philly game?

It will deteriorate into a brawl in the parking lot. :ninja: :wacko:

It will deteriorate into a brawl in the parking lot. :ninja: :wacko:

Why do I picture this as a Fight Club / Liar Liar scene of phillybear beating the crap out of himself while the rest of the Geeks drink beer and watch?

Why do I picture this as a Fight Club / Liar Liar scene of phillybear beating the crap out of himself while the rest of the Geeks drink beer and watch?

I picture him trying to cut his wrist with an electric razor as the rest of us laugh.

Eventually, he gets pissed off and throws the razor, hitting an old lady. We all spend the night in jail. :ninja: