Sign in to follow this  
NewbieJr

Great opening day in baseball!

Even though my team, the Oakland A's, got hammered, there were a few things I liked seeing on opening day.

a) it looks like A-Rod and Papi are going to pick up right where they left off last season. Both had home runs and multiple RBI's. :banana:

B) Jimmy Rollins used his last at bat to line a double and extend his hitting streak to 37. I'd be willing to bet he'll fall short of 56, but it will get awful exciting if he manages to get into the upper-40s. :banana:

c) and the biggest joy for me was waking up this morning to see that Barry Bonds didn't homer. :mad: Of course, my dream would be to turn on Sportcenter and see him being wheeled off the field on a stretcher.

B) Jimmy Rollins used his last at bat to line a double and extend his hitting streak to 37. I'd be willing to bet he'll fall short of 56, but it will get awful exciting if he manages to get into the upper-40s. :doublethumbsup:

The 610 morning show had LaRussa on and he was explaining that he didn't want to risk walking Rollins so he told the pitcher to throw him strikes and see what Rollins could do. Class move. :thumbsup:

The "Fire Charlie Manuel Campaign" is off to a good start.