Sign in to follow this  
dcOne

Is there an American Idol rule that says you can't come back

There must be, or wouldn't we see some of the ones from years past attempting again this year? It must start at a certain point, like final 12 or final 24 or something. Cause if not, you'd think that someone who was good enough a year or two ago, would be good enough again.

There must be, or wouldn't we see some of the ones from years past attempting again this year? It must start at a certain point, like final 12 or final 24 or something. Cause if not, you'd think that someone who was good enough a year or two ago, would be good enough again.

Once they make it to a certain number (24, I think), they are put under contract. The contract probably does not permit them to try out again.

They should make a rule that when you tryout, and don't make it, you have to play a round of Russian Roulette. Real gun with a real bullet.

THEN I would tune in.

American Idol is gay.

Anyone who has ever been in it is gay asnd anyone who has ever watched it is gay.

There. I said it.

American Idol is gay.

Anyone who has ever been in it is gay asnd anyone who has ever watched it is gay.

There. I said it.

I won't go so far as to rip on all who watch, but I sincerely don't get the hype or the viewership. It's just an over-produced karaoke show. Why the interest????

I'm surprised it's been succesful too.

The premise sounds like a flop. Unknown people singing in front of judges. I guess that's why I'm not a tv executive, because I would have vetoed that show before it even got started.

I won't go so far as to rip on all who watch, but I sincerely don't get the hype or the viewership. It's just an over-produced karaoke show. Why the interest????

I think its a women driven thing. My wife likes it. I gave up trying to figure out women years ago. I wonder why she likes reading People magzine and shopping and she wonders why I like watching football and doing yard work when i could hire a mexican to do it.

I think its a women driven thing. My wife likes it.

My wife and kids really like it. I enjoy some aspects of it, but others are incredibly gay.

I think its a women driven thing. My wife likes it. I gave up trying to figure out women years ago. I wonder why she likes reading People magzine and shopping and she wonders why I like watching football and doing yard work when i could hire a mexican to do it.

I agree with this.

I watch it with my wife, but if we were outside doing something, I would never say, "Ooh, it's 8:00, time to watch Idol". She, on the other hand, schedules her night around it.

If things are for others the way they are in my house, I concede all prime-time television decisions to my wife in exchange for rights to control TV on Monday and Sunday nights during football season and all other important sports nights, ie baseball playoffs, NCAA bowel games and tournaments, ect.

I agree with this.

I watch it with my wife, but if we were outside doing something, I would never say, "Ooh, it's 8:00, time to watch Idol". She, on the other hand, schedules her night around it.

If things are for others the way they are in my house, I concede all prime-time television decisions to my wife in exchange for rights to control TV on Monday and Sunday nights during football season and all other important sports nights, ie baseball playoffs, NCAA bowel games and tournaments, ect.

Or you could get another TV. :thumbsdown:

American Idol is gay.

There. I said it.

:thumbsdown: