Sign in to follow this  
jocstrap

Which Player(s) you will 4 sure not touch?

Each year there are big boys that fall due to injuries and so forth or they are coming back from a serious injury. Personally I don't trust rb's or wr's that hold out of camps b/c I feel they are at a greater risk of injuries. These guys have to be in perfect shape at the start of the season and no way a holdout is in condition even if they do train on their own.

Last year Javon Walker held out and sure enough "the pain".

Wr's I'm skeptical about this year - Walker, T.O ( I thought I read on this site somewhere that TO had some sort of hammy problem as of recently),

RB's - Deuce Mcallister, Domanick Davis(if bush is a texan), Chris Brown i like but dang, Dillon(has his ring and seemed to be ding up too much last year

Qb's - Culpepper (when was the last time he played in the elements? heat, wind, no telling where some of those passes will end up) - Brees new team + injury.

Any other candidates out there?

T.O ( I thought I read on this site somewhere that TO had some sort of hammy problem as of recently)

i thought it was a groin but not like it makes any difference

i wouldnt put him on the list though, he has talent and i have doubts that he can run himself out of Dallas quick enough to make picking him not worth it

i would actually think about bumping Cpepp and the Miami WRs up a little.... it sounds crazy i know

i think a lot of the troubles was coordinating and gameplanning in Minny last year, i have a hunch about them this year that makes me think the Dolphin offense will actually look good this year

i think its safe to say Ricky should be avoided at all costs, who knows when his next suspension is coming?

im dropping Moss and as usual, Brooks isnt high on my list either

im also dropping a lot of Chiefs players right now, hopefully they have a good draft

id say take Moulds and AJ up as well along with most players in Detroit

id also put Kitna back in the mix and possibly Mike Anderson

Michael Clayton WR TB

Yep. I don't care if he turns it around this year. I won't waste a roster spot on him under any circumstances.

I'm not bitter or anything.

I'm going to go against the grain and say some players that I won't pick. Now, there are players that I would love to have but am not willing to pay the price for them.

WR - S. Smith While I think he will do well...there is no way he can repear what he did last year. Yes, Keyshawn will help the team...but I don't see how it can help a guy that was targeted 75% of the time...there is just no way.

RB - LT, S. Alexander As I stated before these guys would be great to have. But, if I am in a position to get either of these guys I will trade down. There is tons of talent this year...and if I can trade for some early picks I'll do it.

QB - Who cares...there will be some diamonds in the rocks. There is no way I am taking Peyton, Carson or someone like taht early. I'll sit back and pick up steady Tom Brady late in the draft.

TE - Gonzo I think he will probably fly off the board right after Gates...and I don't want to get stuck in the trap. There are several quality TE's to pick up later on

I guess this is really a list of players that I think will be really overrated next year. But, some players I just odn't want due to injury or the fact that they have killed me in the past are:

A. Green

R. Moss

C. Martin

Mi. Clayton

A. Lelie

C. Palmer

D. Culpepper

K. Barlow

D. Davis

J. Lewis

Just for a few.

Lee Evans

Ashlie Lelie

They single handidly ruined me last year. NEVER AGAIN!!!

Seriously? how would either of those guys ruin your whole team? Both of those guys were like 4th/5th recievers. I kinda like Evans going into his third year.

I guess guys I would stay away from as of now...

A. Green

K. Jones

D. mccalister

D. davis (assuming bush goes there)

any Chargers recievers

any San Fran players

Jets running backs

Duece, A. Green, J. Lewis

Jamal is probably the best value out of these guys, getting him late 3rd to mid 4th is pretty good value. Duece is the one i dont like, mid 2nd is too high for him. Ahman i think can slip to mid 3rd, thats not too bad if you decide to load up on WR's the first 2 rounds.

Seriously? how would either of those guys ruin your whole team? Both of those guys were like 4th/5th recievers. I kinda like Evans going into his third year.

In a 12 man draft, it's slim pickings by the late 5th and early 6th rounds, which is where I think I drafted them. :thumbsdown:

Jamal is probably the best value out of these guys, getting him late 3rd to mid 4th is pretty good value. Duece is the one i dont like, mid 2nd is too high for him. Ahman i think can slip to mid 3rd, thats not too bad if you decide to load up on WR's the first 2 rounds.

Ouch...I like Ahman and all, but would not rely on him as my first RB if I went WR WR...

Do Not Draft

QB

Drew Brees

Chad Pennington

Any Rookie QB

Mike Vick

RB

Ahman Green

Jamal Lewis

Ricky Williams

Deshaun Foster

Chris Brown

Thomas Jones

Pittsburgh RB's

SF RB's

Most Backup RB's

WR

SF WR

Jets WR

Pittsburgh WR

GB WR

Falcons WR

D-Jax

Joey Galloway

JAX WR

Minny WR

Of course, this could all change by draft time

Pretty much agree with most of your selections joc, except for TO, he's the type of player who will always put up stats no matter where he is, as long as hes on the field. Others I will try and stay away from in their current situation: Thomas Jones, Nate Burleson, Priest Holmes, Cumar and perhaps Dillon...there are others but gotta keep some secrets :ninja:

ETA - Jamal Lewis!

I'm going to go against the grain and say some players that I won't pick. Now, there are players that I would love to have but am not willing to pay the price for them.

WR - S. Smith While I think he will do well...there is no way he can repear what he did last year. Yes, Keyshawn will help the team...but I don't see how it can help a guy that was targeted 75% of the time...there is just no way.

RB - LT, S. Alexander As I stated before these guys would be great to have. But, if I am in a position to get either of these guys I will trade down. There is tons of talent this year...and if I can trade for some early picks I'll do it.

QB - Who cares...there will be some diamonds in the rocks. There is no way I am taking Peyton, Carson or someone like taht early. I'll sit back and pick up steady Tom Brady late in the draft.

TE - Gonzo I think he will probably fly off the board right after Gates...and I don't want to get stuck in the trap. There are several quality TE's to pick up later on

I guess this is really a list of players that I think will be really overrated next year. But, some players I just odn't want due to injury or the fact that they have killed me in the past are:

A. Green

R. Moss

C. Martin

Mi. Clayton

A. Lelie

C. Palmer

D. Culpepper

K. Barlow

D. Davis

J. Lewis

Just for a few.

Who is even close to the value of SA or LT? One guy being Larry but besides that these guys are on their own fantasy planet. Go ahead and trade down because the guys with dominate RB's normally win championships. You can have the Jamal Lewis' and Deuce McCallisters of the world my friend, I will take Shaun or LT any day.

Duece, A. Green, J. Lewis

This is my top 3 as well. i will never have them on a team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lee Evans

Ashlie Lelie

i tend to go the other way sometimes. instead of avoiding players that have burnt me, i go after players from other squads that killed me. i drafted ward in 2004 after repeatedly getting hammered by ward in 2003.

i do agree about lelie and evans. but i wouldn't have taken them last year either.

I have never liked Vick. I am not sure I would take him no matter how far he dropped.

I agree on Lelie. I don't agree on Evans. I think his relative value has plummeted to where he is worth where you can get him, now. Picked him up in one league in the 12th round. Thought he was worth the chance, there.

I am not sure about McNabb because of the less than quality WR's and I think there are Rb issues there as well. I think he will go off the board, way before I want to take a flier on him.

Lee Evans

Ashlie Lelie

how could these guys be blamed for your bad fantasy season. They were not or should not have been high draft picks. I think Evans is going to have a breakout season this year