Sign in to follow this  
sawilson

New favorite song

Blunt is talented, but over-played.

My current fave new song is Steady As She Goes by The Raconteurs (Jack White's new band)

Wifey and I saw Inside Man last night and the song from there that's played during the intro and the credits is called Chaiyya Chaiyaa Bollywood Joint and is really awesome. I looked it up on iTunes and you can't buy it singly, you have to buy the entire soundtrack, which sucks. But, if you get a chance to check it out, do so.

I've got a thing going on right now for old White Lion songs.. :thumbsdown:

I like that new RHCP song and the video that goes to it. :headbanger:

I've got a thing going on right now for old White Lion songs.. :headbanger:

I've been playing my White Lion favorites at the gym for a couple weeks now:

Wait

The Transformers Movie Theme

All You Need is Rock & Roll

Don't Give Up

Lady of the Valley

<_<

The Seashores Of Old Mexico - George Strait

Good call, lyrics are cool as well. :thumbsup:

:P :mad:

Where abouts are you from?

Another by Strait-"You look so good in love", kind of a heart breaker, but quality nonetheless! :thumbsup:

Where abouts are you from?

Another by Strait-"You look so good in love", kind of a heart breaker, but quality nonetheless! :banana:

I am from Tacoma!!! Finally, somone else on this board that likes country. Sheesh, I thought I would never find one....

I always liked "Cross My Heart" especially when he sang it in the movie he played in. Yummy :lol:

And you?

I like that new RHCP song and the video that goes to it. :cheers:

I really like the new song, but the video sucks

Artist:Gary Allan: Album :Tough All Over

What do I win?!?!?!?

I actually enjoy that album as a whole, it has a haunted feel to it, did you know he wrote it in the months after his wifes suicide?

I've got the album and it is emotional. "Best I Ever Had", "Just Got Back From Hell", and "Promise Broken" in particular along with the original song mentioned here.

Fantastic album. Tragic circumstances. :cheers:

Finally, somone else on this board that likes country. Sheesh, I thought I would never find one....

My dog died, my wife left me, I'm all out of beer...Phillybear or country music? You be the judge.

The only thing positive about Country is Shania Twain and her hepatitis :D

Beast and the Harlot off the new Avenged Sevenfold. The video aint bad either.. good stuff.

:cheers:

The guitarists are focking great.. :wacko:

I like chicks that can rock and roll ... and chicks that can sing ... and can sing cool, contemporary music .... see The Breeders, 10 years ago .. or a little more recently, and my favorite band from the UK ... since ... Soixie ... Elastica ROCKED and then sold out to Budwiser and vanished. And Sneaker Pimps were good ... but recently ... my favorite chick band ... is Le Tigre.

Decaptacon. Might be the best electric bass line I ever heard. Ever. Includes dude bass players. ROXORS!

"I'm out of time, I'm out of focking time, all these gasoline girls with these Vaseline minds, but ... wanna disco ... wanna see me disco? Let me hear you de-politicize my rhyme. 1 ...2 ...3 ....4 ... You know what you been askin' for! You're so policy free, and your kerosene wheels, and eveything ya think .... and evrything ya feel ... is alright, alright, alright."

:argue:

TKO is good to.

"Got your money safe .... wanna be 'in',

every day it just gets closer to you ...

I said, my peace, and when it's over you'll be on your knees,

I got the soul thing, on the go-oh,

Read about it at your Barnes and Noble"

Give me an 80's song. All day any day. I'm sure Newbie can back me up on this. Right now I have been feeling Duran Duran. Always hated them growing up but now I have some respest for them. Currently engrossed with "Ordinary World". I found an accoustic version that is awesome. That and Depeche Mode. There's just something about the 80's...... :argue:

Give me an 80's song. All day any day. I'm sure Newbie can back me up on this. Right now I have been feeling Duran Duran. Always hated them growing up but now I have some respest for them. Currently engrossed with "Ordinary World". I found an accoustic version that is awesome. That and Depeche Mode. There's just something about the 80's...... :argue:

You might have called me a "Duranie" in 1983 ... Rio is a great album, for the feel of that time. My entire thesis at NYU ... is based on the concept of a Depeche Mode song called "Never Let Me Down".

"I'm taking a ride, with my best friend."

You might have called me a Trannie" in 1983 ...

They might still call you that! :argue:

They might still call you that! :argue:

No ... I don't think so.

One of my most recent downloads from Limewire is "Girls on Film" ... and I can't friggin wait for them to try and tell me it's a copyright infrigement ... because I paid for that, a long time ago, when I bought the record.

It's yet to be argued in the courts. Do you buy Dark Side of the Moon on vinyl, and then casette, and then CD ... and someone says you haven't paid enough yet? 99 cents more, per song. Screw you ... I paid for it 3 times already! Does that not constitute me paying for the copyright, the first time? Same music ... souldn't a digital "backup" be free?

Like I said, it's yet to be argued .... but that argument will be made in front of a court sometime soon.

Actually .... the last psychic I saw ... said I was more of a warm orange. But you make the call.

said I was more of a warm orange.

Well I knew you were some sort of fruit :o

I am from Tacoma!!! Finally, somone else on this board that likes country. Sheesh, I thought I would never find one....

I always liked "Cross My Heart" especially when he sang it in the movie he played in. Yummy :wub:

And you?

Living in Hawaii, so as you might expect we don't get many big acts here. I'll be in Dallas this July for Kenny's "Road and the radio" gig. I believe Dierks and Sugarland are on the card as well. What are some of your favs? I heard the song you put up by Holy, not bad. I'll keep an eye out for him. :first:

Living in Hawaii, so as you might expect we don't get many big acts here. I'll be in Dallas this July for Kenny's "Road and the radio" gig. I believe Dierks and Sugarland are on the card as well. What are some of your favs? I heard the song you put up by Holy, not bad. I'll keep an eye out for him. :thumbsup:

The Road and the Rodeo Tour! I so want to go to this concert. Tickets are sold out here in WA, but I'm going to keep my eye out for them in the paper. I WILL go to this one. They are coming in June here. How come you are going to Dallas for it? WA is closer you know :first:

Yeah, I don't think they have too many concerts in Hawaii. Which island do you live on? I used to live on Kawaii - but that was a LONG time ago and not for very long at all.

Holy cow, there are so many I like. Of course Tim McGraw, Keith Urban rocks, Toby Keith "Honky Tonk" Baby! Billy Currington has some very yummy songs and the videos are just as great :pointstosky: There are so many. I have a bunch downloaded on my pc that I listen to often.

What are your favs?

The Road and the Rodeo Tour! I so want to go to this concert. Tickets are sold out here in WA, but I'm going to keep my eye out for them in the paper. I WILL go to this one. They are coming in June here. How come you are going to Dallas for it? WA is closer you know :unsure:

Yeah, I don't think they have too many concerts in Hawaii. Which island do you live on? I used to live on Kawaii - but that was a LONG time ago and not for very long at all.

Holy cow, there are so many I like. Of course Tim McGraw, Keith Urban rocks, Toby Keith "Honky Tonk" Baby! Billy Currington has some very yummy songs and the videos are just as great :wub: There are so many. I have a bunch downloaded on my pc that I listen to often.

What are your favs?

Sisters both live in Carrolton (sp), Pizza Hut park is not to far from there so I will check it out while I'm there. I live on Oahu, been to Kauai a few times. A little too laid back for me! Kenny's my fav., I like all you mentioned. Kinda getting into some Alan Jackson. Toby Keith is a monster. Produces his own stuff, kinda has a hand in alot of different things. Did you hear "Swing batter swing" by Trace Adkins? Catchy to say the least.

Sisters both live in Carrolton (sp), Pizza Hut park is not to far from there so I will check it out while I'm there. I live on Oahu, been to Kauai a few times. A little too laid back for me! Kenny's my fav., I like all you mentioned. Kinda getting into some Alan Jackson. Toby Keith is a monster. Produces his own stuff, kinda has a hand in alot of different things. Did you hear "Swing batter swing" by Trace Adkins? Catchy to say the least.

I don't think I've heard that one. I'm going to have to go on a search for it.

Carrie Underwood is pretty cool. Have you heard her "Before He Cheats" song? That rocks.

Oh, and Rascal Flatt's new CD Rocks. Have you heard backwards - if not email me and I'll send you a link. Its pretty greta. :unsure:

I don't think I've heard that one. I'm going to have to go on a search for it.

Carrie Underwood is pretty cool. Have you heard her "Before He Cheats" song? That rocks.

Oh, and Rascal Flatt's new CD Rocks. Have you heard backwards - if not email me and I'll send you a link. Its pretty greta. :wub:

Didn't care for Rascal initially, but now I'm diggin' them a bit. They kinda blur the lines that define country music. Actually alot of groups/singers do in today's country. Lyrically speaking, the writers are on point. "What hurts the most" is well written. "Remember when" by AJ is also well done. A few verses in "I go back" bring back a cool vibe from Kenny. For the most part, there are just a handful of female artists that I like. But what I can not believe is how damn near every female country singer nowadays is stunning in terms of looks. From Carrie Underwood on down. GOOD LORD! :unsure: Have not heard either song. Are they making the GAC countdown yet? I watch about everyday so I should get an earful soon.

Didn't care for Rascal initially, but now I'm diggin' them a bit. They kinda blur the lines that define country music. Actually alot of groups/singers do in today's country. Lyrically speaking, the writers are on point. "What hurts the most" is well written. "Remember when" by AJ is also well done. A few verses in "I go back" bring back a cool vibe from Kenny. For the most part, there are just a handful of female artists that I like. But what I can not believe is how damn near every female country singer nowadays is stunning in terms of looks. From Carrie Underwood on down. GOOD LORD! :unsure: Have not heard either song. Are they making the GAC countdown yet? I watch about everyday so I should get an earful soon.

Yeah, I have to agree, the women of country music are definitely beautiful. But on the flip side, the men aren't too bad to look at either. Yummy...... :wub:

Yeah, I have to agree, the women of country music are definitely beautiful. But on the flip side, the men aren't too bad to look at either. Yummy...... :wub:

You like them country boys huh? They've definitely got a style 'bout them. The women tho are knockouts! :first: B)