Sign in to follow this  
FranksTanks

Libby: "Bush authorized leaks"

Since you are spewing the same BS in two threads, I will discredit you in both.

On the contrary, Wilson's claim he discredited the Niger story was a lie. According the the BI-PARTISAN Senate Intel Committee report, not only was Wilson a liar but the information he provided actually bolstered the claim of Iraq seeking yellowcake.

The info was released to prove the fact Wilson was a liar.

ETA: Do you have a link to Bush admitting the yellowcake story was wrong?

Do YOU have a link to any of this bunk you're posting?

The President is the only person authorized to declassify classified information, so this would seem to exonerate Libby and anyone else who disclosed information declassified by the President.

Looks like yet another swing and a miss by the Dems. :lol:

Bravo! Obvious, but bravo anyway. I wondered how long it would be until Fox helped you come up with something.

If that's the case, let me remind you of something, see if you can help me out. Why was Bush acting so outraged about ANY leaks of classified information from his administration back in 2003? This all could have been cleared up if he came out and told the American public that he did what he has the power to do. Was he afraid of something? If you are saying it's ok for him to do this, then why hide it for so many years?

National Security SHOULD trump politics, but he cares more about selling his war than about protecting America.

I think this biggest swing and miss is Bush's new approval rating of 36%, so nice try.

Since you are spewing the same BS in two threads, I will discredit you in both.

On the contrary, Wilson's claim he discredited the Niger story was a lie. According the the BI-PARTISAN Senate Intel Committee report, not only was Wilson a liar but the information he provided actually bolstered the claim of Iraq seeking yellowcake.

The info was released to prove the fact Wilson was a liar.

Link?

This is great! :lol:

I didn't do it.

I didn't do it.

I didn't do it.

I didn't do it.

I didn't do it.

I didn't do it.

I didn't do it.

Okay, I did it, but it wasn't wrong.

This is crassic principall's office stuff!

Bravo! Obvious, but bravo anyway. I wondered how long it would be until Fox helped you come up with something.

If that's the case, let me remind you of something, see if you can help me out. Why was Bush acting so outraged about ANY leaks of classified information from his administration back in 2003? This all could have been cleared up if he came out and told the American public that he did what he has the power to do. Was he afraid of something? If you are saying it's ok for him to do this, then why hide it for so many years?

National Security SHOULD trump politics, but he cares more about selling his war than about protecting America.

I think this biggest swing and miss is Bush's new approval rating of 36%, so nice try.

First, what did I get from Fox, as if that has anything to do with the facts of this thread?

Second, Bush has been consistant about leaking "classified" information. Back in 2003 all the libs were :argue: about the outing of a CIA operative, which was later proven false. Bush said then that if classified info was released heads would roll. He didn't say heads would roll if unclassified information was released.

His position is the same today. Seems simple enough.

Third, discrediting a liar on a major issue being debated about going to war is a good thing. This is the reason Bush declassified the info, to show Wilson as the liar he was later proven to be by the Bi-Patisan Senate Intel Committee.

Fourth, since Bush's numbers are so low I hereby declare I will not vote for him again. :banana:

since Bush's numbers are so low I hereby declare I will not post on this bored ever again. :argue:

Promise? :banana:

First, what did I get from Fox, as if that has anything to do with the facts of this thread?

Second, Bush has been consistant about leaking "classified" information. Back in 2003 all the libs were :doh: about the outing of a CIA operative, which was later proven false. Bush said then that if classified info was released heads would roll. He didn't say heads would roll if unclassified information was released.

His position is the same today. Seems simple enough.

Third, discrediting a liar on a major issue being debated about going to war is a good thing. This is the reason Bush declassified the info, to show Wilson as the liar he was later proven to be the the Bi-Patisan Senate Intel Committee.

Fourth, since Bush's numbers are so low I hereby declare I will not vote for him again. :banana:

You are just hanging on to such a thin thread these days.

We all know what happened and why it happened. That's it.

Even with Libby saying this, my opinion is this still has to be the brainchild of Cheney and Rove. The only way they could do it is with Bush's approval and I doubt he did anything or knew what was really even going on. None of this really proves anything, nothing will probably come from it, they'll weasel their way through this steam rolling ball of sh!t as usual, but all of us really know how crooked these guys are while the mayhem in Iraq continues for nothing.

"The Iraqis were seeking yellowcake, uranium oxide from Africa. And that was taken out of a British report. Clearly, that particular report, we learned subsequently, subsequently, was not credible."

Condoleeza Rice

June 8, 2003

"White House press secretary Ari Fleischer tells reporters, "With the advantage of hindsight, it's known now what was not known by the White House prior to the speech. This information should not have risen to the level of a presidential speech."

July 9, 2003

"In testimony before Senate Armed Services Committee, Rumsfeld says it was only "within recent days" that he learned that reports about uranium coming out of Africa were bogus."

July 9, 2003

And before you can claim that Bush never said the words himself, the White Hous Press Secretary's job description claims that he speaks directly for the President and anything he says are the considered the words of the president.

I wonder if Daddy is going to spank his son?

Even though I'm a tranquil guy now at this stage of my life, I have nothing but contempt and anger for those who betray the trust by exposing the name of our sources. They are, in my view, the most insidious, of traitors.

George H. Bush

26 April 1999

Thanks for playing.

Recliner Piglet gets pwned by paulinstl...and, well, everybody else within this thread. Then again, that's no surprise.

For entertainment today, I think I'll see if I can find Hannity's spin on this affair.

:mellow:

Recliner Pilot is technically correct. Actually, the right-wing media machine is correct, and so Recliner Pilot is correct in brainlessly parroting their talking points. The President does have the authority to declassify info; therefore whatever he choses to declassify can't really be called a "leak."

Still, the President chose to declassify only that info that would discredit / harm Wilson and bolster his case fo rwar, and declassified that info to a handful of reporters - apparently no one else knew the info was declassified. Then he put on a big charade about how he won't tolerate leakers and doesn't know who in his admin divulged the info, etc.

So what Bush did might be technically legal, but it is more evidence that he's a scumbag liar who will abuse his position as President for political gain. But we all knew that already.