Sign in to follow this  
Fantasyfreakny

Top 5 must have fantasy players this year.

1Brees, good talent around him.Dome.can be had late in drafts.

2C.Taylor,great line.Dome.top fb.Good coach

3D.Rhodes,good oline,great team,Dome.

4A.Johnson,goodwr2moulds,bad defence,dome.

5K.Robinson,wr1.Dome.

I feel right now these guys are buy low. They all should be great value in this years drafts.

Larry Johnson

LT2

Shaun alexander

Tiki Barber

Portis

i'd start my list with these as must haves

Daammm I agree :D

12 team redraft

brees - 9th round only

taylor- 4th round only

rhodes-3rd deep ill do

Johnson-late 4th early 5th yes

Robinson!!!!!!--- I'm really going to grab this guy this year 10th round later though

:( I think you have brought up some great value names. I agree these guys are at a great value of buy low!

J George

R Williams

O. "Wizzinator" Smith

Keysuck Johnson

J. Rice

1Brees, good talent around him.Dome.can be had late in drafts.

2C.Taylor,great line.Dome.top fb.Good coach

3D.Rhodes,good oline,great team,Dome.

4A.Johnson,goodwr2moulds,bad defence,dome.

5K.Robinson,wr1.Dome.

I feel right now these guys are buy low. They all should be great value in this years drafts.

Why are you in love with domes?....i didnt know Domes produced such good RB and WR fantasy players?? :mad: .........I guess anyone in a "dome" would be a "must have".... :thumbsup:

Last year I fell in love with S Smith and traded for him in dynasty leagues and drafted him in new leagues.

I REALLY like Chambers this year!

I also think Benson is gonna get some playing time in Chicago. Could be a nice value pick.

I think Delhomme will have a nice season in CAR, although the RB situation is a little iffy!

I like Chad J, again this year. I have confidence Palmer will be okay.

Hard to not like LJ.

Doesn't mean I will be drafting them 1-5. I just mean,I am going to specifically be looking for these guys in my drafts.

If and when BALTIMORE signs a Veteran QB (MCNAIR, COLLINS)

I really like HEAP & MASON. I think they represent excellent value

in the lower rounds.

:thumbsup: B)

Virtually ever mock draft I have seen has Indy taking a RB in the 1st. Do you honestly think they will draft a RB in the 1st and start Rhodes with his 3.0 ypc last year?

Another year of the Andre Johnson kool-aid :thumbsup:

Players I would be targeting as great value:

1. Michael Vick: Top 10 in all of my leagues last year yet his stock continues to drop in preseason rankings (usually ranked 10-15). I actually never liked him before this year. Vick (and his WRs) have another year under his belt.

2. Chris Brown: TEN is getting better and Fisher has made positive comments that Brown is more their guy compared to Travis.

3. Warrick Dunn: mini-Tiki. Always underrated and always produces as a great #3 RB, borderline #2 in larger leagues

3. Rod Smith, Eddie Kennison, Donald Driver: Owners seem to undervalue the older WRs but these guys land in the top 20 year after year

I REALLY like Chambers this year!

yeah, but he's a guy you're gonna' overpay for this year.

With Saban getting MIA to overachieve last year, the red-hot finish that Chambers had, and the addition of Culpepper, Chris Chambers will be anything BUT a value pick in the '06 draft.

Fantasyfreakny's original list is quite the opposite of what Chambers brings to the table this year.

It's always a good strategy to take a mid-round chance on veteran players who were a disappointment in the previous year, especially with WRs (i.e. K Robinson, A Johnson).

Virtually ever mock draft I have seen has Indy taking a RB in the 1st. Do you honestly think they will draft a RB in the 1st and start Rhodes with his 3.0 ypc last year?

Another year of the Andre Johnson kool-aid :thumbsup:

Players I would be targeting as great value:

1. Michael Vick: Top 10 in all of my leagues last year yet his stock continues to drop in preseason rankings (usually ranked 10-15). I actually never liked him before this year. Vick (and his WRs) have another year under his belt.

You talk about the Andre Johnson kool-aid and in the very next sentence you rate pick Michael Vick? B)

I also like Chambers this year and here are some other ones to keep an eye on.

Wide Receivers:

Koren Robinson

Donte' Stallworth

Mark Clayton

Roy Williams

Braylon Edwards

Reggie Brown

Runnig Backs:

Deuce McAllister

Kevin Jones

Chester Taylor

You talk about the Andre Johnson kool-aid and in the very next sentence you rate pick Michael Vick? :banana:

How many times has Johnson broken the top 25 for WRs!? Yet Johnson is consistently ranked in the top 15.

In 2006, Michael Vick finished in the top 10 in most of my leagues which was an improvement over the previous year. I have pretty standard scoring. Generally, QBs show an improvement year over year when they still fairly young in their career so I don't understand why he is considered to being digressing (in terms of rankings).

When I refer to rankings I mean Yahoo, Sportsline, unbiased 3rd party sites.

When I refer to standard scoring I mean: 1 pt for ever 30 or 25 yards passing, 1 pt per 10 yars rushing/receiving, 6 pts per rushing TD, 4 or 6 pts per passing TD.

Though it may be tempting to take Domic Rhodes I don't believe he will be the starter I look for the Colts to draft a running back or pick one up in June. What I would do if at the draft all the top running backs are gone I would try to get Thomas Jones away from the Bears. Last year Rhodes rushed 41 times for 120 yards with 2.9 ypc, lost 2 fumbles and was tackled in the backfield 6 times. :banana:

You should have titled this top 5 of decent value maybe.

But none of those guys are must haves at all.

You should have titled this top 5 of decent value maybe.

But none of those guys are must haves at all.

agreed...i'm pretty sure chester taylor and koren robinson aren't "must haves". maybe good values in the mid to late rounds, but certainly not must haves.

agreed...i'm pretty sure chester taylor and koren robinson aren't "must haves". maybe good values in the mid to late rounds, but certainly not must haves.

To me they are two I would avoid.

KRob has been a fantasy disappointment his entire career for the most part.

Taylor will probably overvalued if anything based on what he did in limited time carrying the load in Baltimore.

To me they are two I would avoid.

KRob has been a fantasy disappointment his entire career for the most part.

Taylor will probably overvalued if anything based on what he did in limited time carrying the load in Baltimore.

i'd rather have taylor than rhodes (they will find another starting back in indy). and AJ has been extremely disappointed every single year he's been in the league yet will go in the 4th, 5th or 6th round. what's to say he breaks out this year all of the sudden? at least krob will be a late round selection so you won't be expecting much anyway.

here are my list of value picks late in the draft...after 9th round

david givens

michael clayton

burleson

david carr

brooks

rod gardner

matt jones

I like all these that are listed but I would add Gore to the list look at what runningbacks do under norv turner and youll be able to get him in the mid rounds...... also I will be grabbing T.O he is out to make a statement this year!!!!! i think another good value would be drew bledsoe if he stays healthy he could end up being great value from the mid to late rounds.....

I'm really high on Reggie Bush this year. He'll probably get 15 carries per game splitting with Davis and within a month, he'll be getting a full workload ala Caddy last year. Davis will not stay healthy IMO.

Other Must Haves-

Larry Johnson

Marc Bulger

Larry Fitzgerald

TO

Neil Rackers

Guest Mr.T

Best value? That's gonna be a completely different list from my list of 'must haves'. I don't imagine many will get more than one of these players but they're the guys to get:

LJ

LT2

Alexander

TO

Steve Smith

Which makes for a rather obvious group.

I like all these that are listed but I would add Gore to the list look at what runningbacks do under norv turner and youll be able to get him in the mid rounds...... also I will be grabbing T.O he is out to make a statement this year!!!!! i think another good value would be drew bledsoe if he stays healthy he could end up being great value from the mid to late rounds.....

Just an FYI but Barlow is the starter-NOT Gore.

Oh and he's a solid value guy IMO. Other value players I'll try snagging are as follows:

Rod Smith

Warrick Dunn

Eddie Kennison

Chris Chambers

Darrel Jackson

Tom Brady

Aaron Brooks

Roy Williams

Derrick Mason

Drew Bledsoe

Smith, Dunn and Kennison I highly reccomend-year in and year out they're top twenty guys (or damned close to it) and they usually get drafted much, much later. So far I can't see any reason they would drop off.

here are my list of value picks late in the draft...after 9th round

david givens

michael clayton

burleson

david carr

brooks

rod gardner

matt jones

I don't know about Givens. McNair may or may not be back-either way this wasn't exactly a team that focused on tossing the ball to their wr's.

Clayton and Jones I think are worthy gambles and I believe Brooks represents excellent value.

Burleson? What did he show with Johnson? Wasn't he hurt? Wasn't looking so special IMO. That's what makes this fun-I think he's a borderline waste of a pick and were I to choose a Vikes wr it would be K-rob.

What team does Gardner play with now? :blink:

If and when BALTIMORE signs a Veteran QB (MCNAIR, COLLINS)

I really like HEAP & MASON. I think they represent excellent value

in the lower rounds.

:cheers: :clap:

ESPECIALLY if McNair ends up there. He has a great history with Mason, and he made Erron Kinney a very good fantasy TE last year (also used Wycheck a lot back in the day). Imagine what he'll do with someone like Heap.

Look out for Troy Willamson. I say he's got potential galore and is young enough to become the focal point of a new passing attack in MIN, plus he should present great value.

I see Clayton being mentioned alot, but the wrong one. I'll take the Balt one 2-3 rounds after the TB one and :(