Sign in to follow this  
Giants Fan

POLL: Flight 93 The Movie

Yes. It's a true story of American heroism, and I'd like to get a better idea of what happened on that flight.

No. It's too soon. And who the fock do they think they are for trying to profit off of tragedy like that?

I'll go with yes. I think its a story that needs to be heard, regardless of how accurate it is.

I agree with both sides of the argument. I'd like to see it, would make me cry, but I'd like to see it ... and there aint no way in hell I'm paying for it. May go pay for a different movie and sneak in.

I believe the guy who directed Flight 93 is the same guy who directed the underrated and underviewed Bloody Sunday a few years ago. He can handle delicate situations with class. Flight 93 could be a great film. It could also, however, make the audience feel akward. The "real time" style might come across as too abrubpt and gimmicky or maybe even too emotional for American audiences. We'll have to wait and see.

My question does not involve whether or not it is a well directed movie. It's an ethical question about whether it should be made in the first place.

How long was it between Pearl Harbor and From Here to Eternity ... it was 60 years before they made a movie called "Pearl Harbor".

I suppose, another bad film will be made someday. Because somone purchased the rights to name a movie 9/11, and 50 years from now, that movie will come out ... and I will tell my grandkids about it.

I'd like to see it left alone, in full respect from any dramatic, economic entanglements.

There's no proof, no recording I ever heard ... where a passenger on that flight said, "Let's roll." You realize it may have never been said, right ... he was a white guy, he mighta said, "Ok ... ready? Let's go." I've never heard of there even being a recording in existance, of a white guy on a plane that said, "Let's roll."

Correct me if I am wrong ... but has that quote ever been corroburatored?

Guest Mr.T

It's too early to say. Good intentions do not always make good movies. I'll wait for the reviews.

There's no reason the movie shouldn't be made now. That's the way our society is, for better or for worse.

You wanna talk about a conspiracy theory. Maybe she said, "It sounded like he said ... 'Let's Roll'" and then the American media machine went into full swing ... and PR people were like, "That's great go with it!" and before you know it, some woman was swept up into believing she heard "Let's roll." An African American woman.

Ever heard of the game called "telephone".

I want proof, white boy said "Let's roll"? Just a second hand story, been called the truth. Aint nobody ever seen no proof that was said. Have you? Show me proof somebody said "Let's Roll" before you sell it to me as a story, right? Don't make it some patriotic story that it wasn't. Make it real or don't make it, IMO.

Rudy G. was quotatored as saying yesterday, "I wouldn't believe it, if I hadn't seen it myself."

Hmmmmmm. Sound familiar?

No. It's too soon. And who the fock do they think they are for trying to profit off of tragedy like that?

People made Holocaust movies, and it was 1000x worse. But yes I agree its too soon. They shouldve waited 10-15 years minimum before taking on a project like this.

Of course people made Hollocaust movies, but not for profit, not in 1948.

exactly, that was my whole point.