Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

Who's got a major US Senate race in play in their state?

We always seem to be in the limelight here in Missouri for some reason. 6 years ago it was Mel Carnahan vs John Ashcroft for this exact Senate seat that will be in play again this year. 2002 was a special to that same Senate seat, as the late Mel's wife (jean) took the post after her deceased husband won the election, and ® Jim Talent beat Jean Carnahan for the remaining 4 years. 2004 our Governor's race was one of the most closely watched in the state, as State Auditor Claire McCaskill defeated incumbent Gov. Bob Holden in the Democrat primary, and then went on to lose in the general to Matt Blunt, who is Roy Blunt's son.

Now, Claire is throwing her cap back in the ring as she is running to unseat Jim Talent in the US Senate.

This race is literally up in the air. Talent will carry most of the rural part of the state, while McCaskill will likely carry Kansas City and St. Louis. The wildcard here is literally an initiative that will be on the ballot at the same time dealing with the stem-cell issue. McCaskill has already came out in favor of stem-cell, while Talent was against it at first but has since altered his position a little bit. So if the Dems do their part and push the pro-stem-cell crowd, they could make some noise and possibly unseat Sen. Talent.

It'll be interesting, and there is going to be a hell of a lot of money thrown into this race. We'll see how it plays out, but at this point in time I think Talent will hold on to the seat. I think there may be some displeasure with Claire, cause if youre gonna unseat the incumbent governor then you damn well better win the general election. She didn't do that, and I wonder if that'll come back to bite her in the ass.

It's a damn shame that the GOP in Missouri can't trot out the concealed weapon vote or the gay marriage vote this election year. They went to the well the last two elections to bring out the vote for their supporters that are motivated to vote for issues like that. This election hinges upon the perception of voters here on how their GOP President, their two GOP senators and their GOP Governor have been doing, According to most polls, November is going to be brutal to the GOP in Missouri.

You better tell your party leaders to bring up an issue that gets the backwoods element to turn out or they're doomed.

We always seem to be in the limelight here in Missouri for some reason. 6 years ago it was Mel Carnahan vs John Ashcroft for this exact Senate seat that will be in play again this year. 2002 was a special to that same Senate seat, as the late Mel's wife (jean) took the post after her deceased husband won the election, and ® Jim Talent beat Jean Carnahan for the remaining 4 years. 2004 our Governor's race was one of the most closely watched in the state, as State Auditor Claire McCaskill defeated incumbent Gov. Bob Holden in the Democrat primary, and then went on to lose in the general to Matt Blunt, who is Roy Blunt's son.

Now, Claire is throwing her cap back in the ring as she is running to unseat Jim Talent in the US Senate.

This race is literally up in the air. Talent will carry most of the rural part of the state, while McCaskill will likely carry Kansas City and St. Louis. The wildcard here is literally an initiative that will be on the ballot at the same time dealing with the stem-cell issue. McCaskill has already came out in favor of stem-cell, while Talent was against it at first but has since altered his position a little bit. So if the Dems do their part and push the pro-stem-cell crowd, they could make some noise and possibly unseat Sen. Talent.

It'll be interesting, and there is going to be a hell of a lot of money thrown into this race. We'll see how it plays out, but at this point in time I think Talent will hold on to the seat. I think there may be some displeasure with Claire, cause if youre gonna unseat the incumbent governor then you damn well better win the general election. She didn't do that, and I wonder if that'll come back to bite her in the ass.

Talent's running well under 50% in polling. In this political climate (which is relevant, because Talent is pulling his strongest support from those who approve of President Bush), he's fighting an uphill battle with the hill getting steeper every day.

It's McCaskill's to lose, IMO.

It's a damn shame that the GOP in Missouri can't trot out the concealed weapon vote or the gay marriage vote this election year. They went to the well the last two elections to bring out the vote for their supporters that are motivated to vote for issues like that. This election hinges upon the perception of voters here on how their GOP President, their two GOP senators and their GOP Governor have been doing, According to most polls, November is going to be brutal to the GOP in Missouri.

You better tell your party leaders to bring up an issue that gets the backwoods element to turn out or they're doomed.

they're working on it. Immigration and gay adoption are the current "who can we hate on now" issues.

There won't be any changes in the House scene.

The Senate race is the only one really of concern. Talent's got a fight on his hands, and he's got a lot of work to do to hold onto what he's got. The Auditor's race (open as McCaskill is running for Senate) could go either way, won't really know though until the primary weeds out the final 2. I just hope like hell it doesnt end up being the dumb b!tch auditor from my home county :doh:

In the US House, Lacy Clay (D), Todd Akin ®, Russ Carnahan (D), Ike Skelton (D), Emanuel Cleaver (D), Sam Graves ®, Roy Blunt ®, Jo Ann Emerson ®, and Kenny Hulsoff ® are all incumbents and will have no problems holding onto all their seats.

Now the State House and State Senate, that's another issue all-together...

Florida's senate race is shaping up to be fairly interesting. Incumbent Bill Nelson (D) will likely face Katherine Harris SFW (I guess), whom you may recall from the 2000 presidential election debacle in FL.

She has been trailing by at least 15% in polls taken in the past year. She's fired and replaced her campaign staff. She's pumped $10M of her own cash into her race - she has the bucks, her grandfather was a land, citrus and cattle magnate who is the namesake of the U of FL football field.

The GOP has been courting other candidates due to Harris' unpopularity (including former House Rep. Joe Scarborough), but with little success.

Nelson beat Bill McCollum in close race in 2000. He will win handily this time around unless the GOP get someone other than Harris lined up.

Florida's senate race is shaping up to be fairly interesting. Incumbent Bill Nelson (D) will likely face Katherine Harris SFW (I guess), whom you may recall from the 2000 presidential election debacle in FL.

She has been trailing by at least 15% in polls taken in the past year. She's fired and replaced her campaign staff. She's pumped $10M of her own cash into her race - she has the bucks, her grandfather was a land, citrus and cattle magnate who is the namesake of the U of FL football field.

The GOP has been courting other candidates due to Harris' unpopularity (including former House Rep. Joe Scarborough), but with little success.

Nelson beat Bill McCollum in close race in 2000. He will win handily this time around unless the GOP get someone other than Harris lined up.

i had to buy catherine harris panty-hose one day :rolleyes:

i had to buy catherine harris panty-hose one day :rolleyes:

Let me guess: Control top with cotton panty liner?

The last poll I saw had her down 56-28. Ow. They're going nuts trying to get her out of the race. Jeb Bush was slamming her hard, yesterday.

Also, she claimed she was going to use her inheritance from her dad--the 10mil. A couple days later she backed off of that. She is truly a freak.

Conrad Burns has his tit in the Abramoff wringer in Montana. Bob Keenan, a state Republican with a fair amount of name recognition has filed against him for the GOP nomination, and the Democrats have some solid candidates in State Senate President Jon Tester and State Auditor John Morrison. I believe Burns was polling behind both Tester and Morrison at one point. Not sure of his numbers against Keenan, but it's hard to picture him not getting the nomination at least.

The last poll I saw had her down 56-28. Ow. They're going nuts trying to get her out of the race. Jeb Bush was slamming her hard, yesterday.

Yeah, that's gratitude for you.

She is a great example of name-recognition being a double-edged sword in politics.

Conrad Burns has his tit in the Abramoff wringer in Montana. Bob Keenan, a state Republican with a fair amount of name recognition has filed against him for the GOP nomination, and the Democrats have some solid candidates in State Senate President Jon Tester and State Auditor John Morrison. I believe Burns was polling behind both Tester and Morrison at one point. Not sure of his numbers against Keenan, but it's hard to picture him not getting the nomination at least.

a good friend of mine that used to work with me is working on conrad's campaign, so he should be fine :wall:

Let me guess: Control top with cotton panty liner?

actually know that i think about it, i think a chick went out and got them, I just had to deliver as I was picking her up. She brought a pair that had a run or somethin :P

a good friend of mine that used to work with me is working on conrad's campaign, so he should be fine :wall:

actually know that i think about it, i think a chick went out and got them, I just had to deliver as I was picking her up. She brought a pair that had a run or somethin :P

don't bet on it.

Boot Burns

Friend of mine did that page...

don't bet on it.

Boot Burns

Friend of mine did that page...

well even if he does lose, i think my friend's making some decent money in the process :wall:

well even if he does lose, i think my friend's making some decent money in the process :wall:

and that's really what's important.

We don't have elections in AZ any more. McCain and Kyl are solid in the senate and will be there until they quit. Janet Napolitano is our moderate dem governor who no Repub even tries to beat. Arpaio at sheriff wins 90% of the vote.

Honestly, even though I think he's as dirty as cmh's undershorts, the thing that pisses me off most about Burns is that all he can talk about is all the pork he has raked in for the state. Fine focking conservative we got ourselves there.

Honestly, even though I think he's as dirty as cmh's undershorts, the thing that pisses me off most about Burns is that all he can talk about is all the pork he has raked in for the state. Fine focking conservative we got ourselves there.

you live in montanna? :lol:

you live in montanna? :lol:

Yes I do. Why is that funny?

I would think you might have figured that out when asked about "Senate races in your state" and I posted about Burns. Not real big on leaps of logic are you?

:lol: you've got experience with cmh's undershorts? :o

:lol: you've got experience with cmh's undershorts? :o

Experience? No.

But he's generally so full of sh!t I think some daily leakage is to be assumed. :(

We don't have elections in AZ any more. McCain and Kyl are solid in the senate and will be there until they quit. Janet Napolitano is our moderate dem governor who no Repub even tries to beat. Arpaio at sheriff wins 90% of the vote.

Don't be so sure about Kyl. He's faded over the last couple months, and Jim Pederson is doing a good job with fundraising. Latest Zogby has Kyl under 50% at 47, with Pederson at 42%. Zogby interactives aren't highly accurate, but they're done the same way every time, so when Kyl drops five points there's something to it.

It's probably seat 7 or 8 among the 10 best opportunities for pickups by the Dems.

Experience? No.

But he's generally so full of sh!t I think some daily leakage is to be assumed. :o

it was clearly a mistake to ask, I see now. :lol:

Yes I do. Why is that funny?

I would think you might have figured that out when asked about "Senate races in your state" and I posted about Burns. Not real big on leaps of logic are you?

i just didnt think any real people actually lived up there. I just pictured isolated desertion and cattle :lol:

i just didnt think any real people actually lived up there. I just pictured isolated desertion and cattle :o

It's true, there aren't many of us. We try to keep the riff-raff out. :lol:

Katherine Harris SFW (I guess), whom you may recall from the 2000 presidential election debacle in FL.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh! She would make an ugly man even. She's falling apart. The Tampa papers have been reporting that she has been acting very strangly since her father kied in January. She's said she was going to to 10 million dollars into her campain, then she lowered it to 3 mil. She sets up and then cancels press conferences. She's fired everyone in her campaign because she says the Rep party (her party) has infultrated her campaign. Jeb even said yesterday that he has some major concerns about her campaign. Oh she accepted a campaign contribution that was illegal. She say's she didn't know it was illegal. I guess she didn't know that people would remember her not caring about our votes here too when she helped Jeb steal Florida from Al Gore.

I guess she didn't know that people would remember her not caring about our votes here too when she helped Jeb steal Florida from Al Gore.

:thumbsdown: :wah: :lol: :wah: :o :wah: B) :wah: :cry: